Author Topic: Big men who could be signed?  (Read 7271 times)

Re: Big men who could be signed?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2019, 01:22:44 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
TP to Liam for putting himself through the agony of compiling that list....gracious.

This is the way I see it.

Last night with Baynes out and Horford resting, going small with Rozier or, having Semi "play center" looks kind of ok over the majority of these guys. Daniel Theis isn't an NBA center...he's a German one which, I guess, is how we gonna roll.

You realize Semi is 6'7, right?

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Christian Wood is the guy who should be signed by us ASAP. He can't play in the playoffs but we could use a guy like him next year.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Christian Wood is the guy who should be signed by us ASAP. He can't play in the playoffs but we could use a guy like him next year.

i thought the pels signed him?

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I love Baynes, but you got to ask yourself if he is a keeper with all those injuries. at least he is not getting paid much.
The ability to stay on the court does factor into what you offer him for a contract.  And this season he hasn't been able to do it.

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2019, 02:24:34 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

i thought the pels signed him?

Indeed, you're right, bummer.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2019, 03:38:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
TP to Liam for putting himself through the agony of compiling that list....gracious.

This is the way I see it.

Last night with Baynes out and Horford resting, going small with Rozier or, having Semi "play center" looks kind of ok over the majority of these guys. Daniel Theis isn't an NBA center...he's a German one which, I guess, is how we gonna roll.

You realize Semi is 6'7, right?

Yeah, we need a big body for Guys like Sabonis, Lopez, Embiid, Turner, Ibaka, and hopefully Cousins....

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2019, 06:49:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have never been a fan of " we can sign a guy, so let's sign a guy, just because we can add a guy, regardless of whether that guy would ever be good enough to earn playing time". Looking at the list in the OP, signing one of those guys is just signing a guy to sign a guy. They all suck and none would deserve time before Theis and Williams. Signing any of those guys accomplishes just one thing, adding to your luxury tax bill.

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2019, 07:01:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I have never been a fan of " we can sign a guy, so let's sign a guy, just because we can add a guy, regardless of whether that guy would ever be good enough to earn playing time". Looking at the list in the OP, signing one of those guys is just signing a guy to sign a guy. They all suck and none would deserve time before Theis and Williams. Signing any of those guys accomplishes just one thing, adding to your luxury tax bill.

I understand what your saying but we may need someone to play, due to injuries, come playoff time. Williams and Theis have both been injured this year as have Horford and Baynes.

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2019, 07:37:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Quincy Acy always gave the Celtics problems when they played against him... Where is he right now?

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2019, 08:07:50 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Quincy Acy always gave the Celtics problems when they played against him... Where is he right now?
Quincy, son of old Acy.
I guess he is probably somewhere acing.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2019, 08:43:45 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I still like Gortat.  He's big and mean.  We could use a little intimidation inside.

I agree. He's very Baynes-like in terms of size and interior defense.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2019, 09:55:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

It's not my luxury tax bill. It's Wyc Grousbeck's and Danny Ainge's. So, on that thought and because ticket prices keep going up, I'll take every player on that list with a side of Durant, Cousins and Middleton this summer, thank you.

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2019, 12:29:11 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Well Moose has been signed, for 10 days at least.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D