Author Topic: Something has to change. Suggestions?  (Read 7266 times)

Re: Something has to change. Suggestions?
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
More quickness in the starting lineup.

They are playing like those old J.O'Neal + Ray Allen lineups last season only without as much interior defense from their center or two-way play from Ray (defense vs Terry, offense vs Lee).

The current starting lineup with Jason Terry at shooting guard, Jason Collins at center and Garnett at power forward is seriously dysfunctional and needs to be scrapped.

Every team they are playing against lately is out-quicking them offensively and defensively. Beating them to spots. They just don't have enough foot speed on the floor right now.

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

They are playing like those old J.O'Neal + Ray Allen lineups last season only without as much interior defense from their center or two-way play from Ray (defense vs Terry, offense vs Lee).

The current starting lineup with Jason Terry at shooting guard, Jason Collins at center and Garnett at power forward is seriously dysfunctional and needs to be scrapped.

Every team they are playing against lately is out-quicking them offensively and defensively. Beating them to spots. They just don't have enough foot speed on the floor right now.

Spot on as usual.  To me, losing Wilcox has been a big blow.  I know that a lot of people have been pretty down on him, but he added some speed and athleticism to that front court which is sorely lacking right now. 

I'm really hoping that getting Avery back gives a real boost to our team speed.

Also, of course, having Rajon hobbling around out there doesn't help.  Hopefully, his hip issues don't linger (not sure why he even played in the Sacto game?).
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2012, 11:48:02 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
The answer is very simple as to what needs to change - we need an identity.

If you had to describe our team in a few words, how would you describe them?

San Antonio - Methodical and deep
Chicago - Tough defense
New York - Lots of shooters
Miami - Two superstars surrounded by shooters
OKC - Athletic
Brooklyn - Big
Utah - Rebounds and tough interior game

Boston - ????

We have no identity. 

We are not a tough defensive team.  We don't put a ton of points on the board.  We aren't good rebounders.  We aren't super atletic.  We aren't a super-young team with a chip on our shoulders.  We arent a very old veteran team that knows how to play.  We aren't a passionate team that wins with pure emotion (see last year). 

ULTIMATELY I'd like to keep:

Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
Sullinger
Garnett
Terry
Green

That's a pretty solid 7 man rotation to build around, and those 7 guys have so far been the most productive overall. 

I'd be happy to throw everybody else on the trading block, that means:

Bass
Lee
Barbosa
Collins
Wilcox
Joseph
1st Round Pick

Every one of those is a tradable asset to me.  Not one player in that group has shown consistent production for us, Joseph is not likely to get paying time outside of garbage time, and next years draft is weak. 

We don't need a superstar in return either - we need any combination of the following:

1. A defensive / rebounding big
* Andre Drummond
* Andris Biedrins
* Larry Saunders
* Bernard James
* Ed Davis
* Elton Brand
* Emeka Okafor
* Lamar Odom
* Rasheed Wallace (Yep, I'd take him over the crap we have)
* Jermaine Oneal

2. A capable backup PG
* AJ Price
* Kirk Hinrich
* Luke Ridnour
* Jamaal Tinsley
* Jameer Nelson
* Andre Miller
* Eric Maynor
* Derek Fisher

3. A solid and versatile defensive swingman
* Marquis Daniels
* Delonte West
* Lamar Odom
* Jordan Crawford
* Matt Barnes
* Paul George
* Andre Iguodala
* Jared Dudley
* Mickeal Pietrus

Personally I think a solid big is first priority, and either a solid PG or a solid defensive swingman is next importance.

Looking at the pool of tradable assets we have, I think we are perfectly capable of getting a solid pick up out of any two of those groups, and possible a servicable option from a third group as well.

We need to do it!

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Agreed.

Lee or Bradley to start, and put Wilcox (freaking injured) in the starting line-up, and we'll see us start to get some success.

Problem then comes with the Bass and Sully duo. One has to go, or Doc needs to limit one of their roles, preferably Bass. A big man addition, and a subtraction from one of those two should also help.

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
trade Green, Sullinger & Melo for Marcin Gortat & Michael Beasley and hope for the best.

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm highlighting in Red players that we have absolutely no chance of getting unless we trade Rondo plus Bradley/Sullinger.

Players in blue we are unlikely to get for the players you are willing to trade.

Players in Green imo we can get and would help us.

Bass
Lee
Barbosa
Collins
Wilcox
Joseph
1st Round Pick

Every one of those is a tradable asset to me.  Not one player in that group has shown consistent production for us, Joseph is not likely to get paying time outside of garbage time, and next years draft is weak. 

We don't need a superstar in return either - we need any combination of the following:

* Andre Drummond
* Andris Biedrins
* Larry Saunders
* Bernard James
* Ed Davis
* Elton Brand
* Emeka Okafor

* Lamar Odom ( I don't see him leaving LA to come to Boston)
* Jermaine Oneal

2. A capable backup PG
* AJ Price
* Kirk Hinrich
* Luke Ridnour
* Jamaal Tinsley
* Jameer Nelson

* Andre Miller
* Eric Maynor
* Derek Fisher would be great but I don't think he leaves his family to backup Rondo on the east coast

* Marquis Daniels
* Delonte West

* Lamar Odom
* Jordan Crawford
* Matt Barnes (huge part of the clippers bench, and they are a top contender)
* Paul George
* Andre Iguodala

* Jared Dudley
* Mickeal Pietrus

Personally I think a solid big is first priority, and either a solid PG or a solid defensive swingman is next importance.

Looking at the pool of tradable assets we have, I think we are perfectly capable of getting a solid pick up out of any two of those groups, and possible a servicable option from a third group as well.

We need to do it!

Okafor and Ridnour would be great for us.

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The thing that has to change is the return of Bradley and Wilcox. That will make them better. I wrote a piece projecting the teams improvement with those two players.
http://pickandpopdiaries.blogspot.com/2012/12/state-of-celtics-projections-trade-talk.html
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2013, 06:51:58 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm highlighting in Red players that we have absolutely no chance of getting unless we trade Rondo plus Bradley/Sullinger.

Players in blue we are unlikely to get for the players you are willing to trade.

Players in Green imo we can get and would help us.

Bass
Lee
Barbosa
Collins
Wilcox
Joseph
1st Round Pick

* Andre Drummond
* Andris Biedrins
* Larry Saunders
* Bernard James
* Ed Davis
* Elton Brand
* Emeka Okafor

* Lamar Odom ( I don't see him leaving LA to come to Boston)
* Jermaine Oneal

2. A capable backup PG
* AJ Price
* Kirk Hinrich
* Luke Ridnour
* Jamaal Tinsley
* Jameer Nelson

* Andre Miller
* Eric Maynor
* Derek Fisher would be great but I don't think he leaves his family to backup Rondo on the east coast

* Marquis Daniels
* Delonte West

* Lamar Odom
* Jordan Crawford
* Matt Barnes (huge part of the clippers bench, and they are a top contender)
* Paul George
* Andre Iguodala

* Jared Dudley
* Mickeal Pietrus

We need to do it!

Okafor and Ridnour would be great for us.

TPs to both of you. 

I'm pretty certain that Sanders is a red as well.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson