Author Topic: Yeah Baby!  (Read 6743 times)

Yeah Baby!
« on: May 10, 2008, 06:27:51 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.

- Courtesy of your Resident CelticsBlog Minnesota Twins Die Hard

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Yeah Baby!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 06:58:42 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Going for the "Mr. Popularity" Award, are ya?

...but just think you could have had Ian Kennedy and Phil Hughes!

Yup

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 07:09:25 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

- Courtesy of your Resident CelticsBlog Minnesota Twins Die Hard

Hey BT, hope you're enjoying Carlos "C3" Gomez.  Though I'm a Dodger fan, I spend most of my summers at Shea, and while he didn't have the greatest rookie campaign last year at the plate, watching this kid run and play defense (really the running) was an absolute pleasure.  I know you're out in LA, but if you've got Extra Innings or a similar package, here's hoping you've come to be a booster of his.  I know he's no Johan though...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 09:58:42 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Hey BT, hope you're enjoying Carlos "C3" Gomez.  Though I'm a Dodger fan, I spend most of my summers at Shea, and while he didn't have the greatest rookie campaign last year at the plate, watching this kid run and play defense (really the running) was an absolute pleasure.  I know you're out in LA, but if you've got Extra Innings or a similar package, here's hoping you've come to be a booster of his.  I know he's no Johan though...

-sw

I'm actually in the Bay Area, but California nonetheless.  He is... well... young?  But yes, he provides speed that us Twinkies haven't had in the 1 hole in a long time.  Needs some plate discipline though... only 3 walks so far this year.  Ouch.  Hit for the cycle the other day, but the game I went to in Oakland he struck out 4 times.  I think he'll be a dynamite lead off guy in a year or two though.... great guy to have getting on and stealing before Chairman Mauer gets up to the plate.

But yes.... losing Johan was tough.  I've seen him pitch in 6 different parks around the country, including his first ever career start in the Metrodome like 7 or 8 years ago.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 10:56:35 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

-sw

I'm actually in the Bay Area, but California nonetheless.  He is... well... young?  But yes, he provides speed that us Twinkies haven't had in the 1 hole in a long time.  Needs some plate discipline though... only 3 walks so far this year.  Ouch.  Hit for the cycle the other day, but the game I went to in Oakland he struck out 4 times.  I think he'll be a dynamite lead off guy in a year or two though.... great guy to have getting on and stealing before Chairman Mauer gets up to the plate.

But yes.... losing Johan was tough.  I've seen him pitch in 6 different parks around the country, including his first ever career start in the Metrodome like 7 or 8 years ago.

Yikes, BT...my bad...don't know why I moved you from NoCo to SoCo...apologies.  Saw Johan pitch for the first time in person last year at Yankee Stadium, and he beat the hated Bombers.  Loved it.

I'm a ballpark connoisseur myself, and I'm miserable because I won't be able to make it (I don't think) this summer to my favorite one that I haven't yet attended: the Metrodome -- and I know it's closing.  People around the country do a lot of hating on it, but there's always been something about the place's charm that appealed to me on TV.  Your thoughts on it?  I know it's a great playoff atmosphere...maybe not so much in the reg season?  Still wish I'd gotten there.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.