Author Topic: Oh, and the Sox Game Was a Tad Disappointing Too  (Read 9279 times)

Oh, and the Sox Game Was a Tad Disappointing Too
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:19:42 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Buchholtz was smokin' tonight.  What a shocker that home run was.  I don't fault Terry one bit for leaving him in - he was zingin' it.  Another wasted effort.
Yup

Re: Oh, and the Sox Game Was a Tad Disappointing Too
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I blame the offense more than anything.  One run?  This is the 2nd time they screwed a rookie out of a win in two days.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:28:09 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
A real shame for Clay, but one run is never enough.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:31:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hey they accumulated about 30000 frequent flier miles in a month and just finished their 20th game in the last 20 days while playing the Yankees twice, Cleveland, LA, and Detroit. I for one am happy that they are over .500.

Instead of being bummed that they didn't score runs for two rookies to win games in April, I'm encouraged that Masterson and Buchholz have shown some great stuff. It looks to be a promising future for the young Sox arms. Maybe they did the right thing by not trading for Santana after all.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Hey they accumulated about 30000 frequent flier miles in a month and just finished their 20th game in the last 20 days while playing the Yankees twice, Cleveland, LA, and Detroit. I for one am happy that they are over .500.

Instead of being bummed that they didn't score runs for two rookies to win games in April, I'm encouraged that Masterson and Buchholz have shown some great stuff. It looks to be a promising future for the young Sox arms. Maybe they did the right thing by not trading for Santana after all.

No doubt.  It still was a tough loss, but man Buchholz looked unbelievable tonight.  Great to see him getting it together already.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 11:13:58 PM »

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Let's take some positives away from this first month so far.

This will probably be Papi's worst month.

Beckett is healthy and routinely blowing people away.

Ellsbury is no fluke

Buchholz is no fluke

Lugo probably won't be as horrible as last year

Hansen and Masterson look primed to come in and solve our bullpen situation

Record wise, we're okay....

Standing now looking longterm(season wise), we're in good shape......

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 11:16:49 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
They've fought the good fight for a while while being banged up, but looks like it's finally caught up with them.  Big Papi getting hurt diving into first is a tough one to swallow. 
Yup

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 11:20:08 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Due to the success of our boys I am blissfully unconcerned with the problems the Sox are having.  I agree with the positives, we've been through hell this month and still are there at the top of the division.  I think once things settle down and the injuries and flu bug hopefully go away we'll have another fun and successful run into the playoffs.  But we have all summer to worry about them, I'm satisfied focusing on the Celts for the upcoming weeks.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 11:24:36 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Due to the success of our boys I am blissfully unconcerned with the problems the Sox are having.  I agree with the positives, we've been through hell this month and still are there at the top of the division.  I think once things settle down and the injuries and flu bug hopefully go away we'll have another fun and successful run into the playoffs.  But we have all summer to worry about them, I'm satisfied focusing on the Celts for the upcoming weeks.

Nicely put, Ma11l ... though it is nice to have the Sox to fill a bit of the time between NBA games, (at least the re-broadcasts). Plus, my man Manny is still pluggin' away ... just wish he'd run the bases a bit sooner! (TP)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 07:50:53 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Why it's great to have Manny talking to the media again:

From this morning's Boston Globe:

The Sox advanced only one runner to second base, and it took Manny Ramírez's first stolen base in three years to do so.

"Contract year," Ramírez cracked afterward. "I'm stealing bases."

"I'm just trying to make something happen," he said in a more serious vein. "I thought I was out. I was going, 'Yeah, I got a break.'
Yup

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 10:25:01 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why it's great to have Manny talking to the media again:

From this morning's Boston Globe:

The Sox advanced only one runner to second base, and it took Manny Ramírez's first stolen base in three years to do so.

"Contract year," Ramírez cracked afterward. "I'm stealing bases."

"I'm just trying to make something happen," he said in a more serious vein. "I thought I was out. I was going, 'Yeah, I got a break.'
Only Manny could speak the truth and turn it into a joke just by being himself.