Author Topic: Trade Idea: Swapping back courts with Portland  (Read 5307 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Swapping back courts with Portland
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2020, 09:24:03 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Yeah, no way Portland does this trade.  Lillard is playing like Harden, only better.
Yep, can't see them moving Dame. Might, and downright ought to ship CJ, but Dame could very well have taken the mantle of #1 PG in the league.
I wouldn't want McCollum anywhere near the team with his contract anyways. Don't think Lillard is on Harden's level though.

Oh, Dame is on his level.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=James+Harden&player_id1_select=James+Harden&player_id1=hardeja01&idx=bbr__players&y1=2020&player_id2_hint=Damian+Lillard&player_id2_select=Damian+Lillard&player_id2=lillada01&idx=bbr__players&y2=2020

More assists, fewer turnovers, more efficient shooter (FG%, eFG%, TS% and 3PT%).  Four fewer PPG, but also two fewer FGA / 3PTA.
I think Harden is a better passer & defender, but Dame is much less likely to shoot his team out of a game completely.

I'm not the biggest Harden fan but I'd give him a slight edge due to his ability to get to the free throw line at an insane rate.  For comparisons sake, Harden has averaged over 14 free throws attempts per 100 possessions in each of the last 4 post-seasons.  Dame has been around 9 per 100 in seasons where Portland has been good enough to get out of the first round.

Re: Trade Idea: Swapping back courts with Portland
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2020, 09:58:16 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I wouldn't do this even though I LOVE Dame.

I also love our current backcourt AND the fact that Kemba's game allows for the shine and development of other players.

GH has been allowed to round back into Utah form. Tatum was an All-Star this year. Brown isn't too far behind.

Kemba's game is rather unassuming...picking his opponent(s) apart piece by piece. Before you know it, at the end of the game dude has 30+ points and we're dumbfounded as to how he got it.

Could both Tatum and GH flourish with Dame? In this structure?

Dame needs his own team and I think he currently has the right mix of players around him in CJ, Melo and Co.

Here's hoping that PORT is a wrecking ball for LAL here soon.

But I love our current back court and it GELS with the rest of the team.

Chemistry is HUGE....it is a part of being a Celtic. We'd have to IMO re-write this with Dame.

I'd love Dame in Celtic Green but IMO we'd have to tear it down and rebuild it around him.