Author Topic: Trade Idea: Swapping back courts with Portland  (Read 5309 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Swapping back courts with Portland
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 01:13:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
wouldn't do it.  I think Jaylen will end up the best player of the 4 when it's all send and done.  only reason I'd think about it is if Kemba's knee is toast.
Wow. Dame will likely end up as the best Blazer of all time, and you think JB will be better than him?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 04:41:26 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Blazers would counter offer Lillard and CJ for Tatum and Walker.

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 05:26:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We would counter by hanging up the phone after falling off the chair laughing.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 08:16:55 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Why is that laughable? Kemba may be damaged goods and Tatum doesn't have the track record of carrying a team that Lillard has. C's can still play Brown at SF. Also DA would keep his beloved draft picks and can dump a few filler contracts clearing roster space. It's not terrible.

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 09:59:02 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Why is that laughable? Kemba may be damaged goods and Tatum doesn't have the track record of carrying a team that Lillard has. C's can still play Brown at SF. Also DA would keep his beloved draft picks and can dump a few filler contracts clearing roster space. It's not terrible.
Teams don't trade an All-Star point guard in the first year of a four year max we offered to him in open free agency last offseason because he might be damaged goods, and neither do they trade a 21 year old All-Star calibre wing alongside said point guard for an All-NBA point guard with a contract that might become a poison pill down the line + a combo guard who's not going to improve and is massively overrated by his past accolades. It's absolutely horrendous when Lillard only really meets the bare minimum for "a guy who can carry a championship squad".
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 10:09:05 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Teams don't trade an All-Star point guard in the first year of a four year max we offered to him in open free agency last offseason because he might be damaged goods, and neither do they trade a 21 year old All-Star calibre wing alongside said point guard for an All-NBA point guard with a contract that might become a poison pill down the line + a combo guard who's not going to improve and is massively overrated by his past accolades. It's absolutely horrendous when Lillard only really meets the bare minimum for "a guy who can carry a championship squad".
That minimum is still better than what Tatum or Walker are. Also if Walker is damaged his contract is a lot worse.

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 10:44:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
That minimum is still better than what Tatum or Walker are. Also if Walker is damaged his contract is a lot worse.
It's still not worth trading Tatum and Walker for him and McCollum. And Walker being damaged goods would make that deal a bit fairer imo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2020, 11:16:37 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
It is very tempting, and we might be better off in the short term for the next 2 or 3 years.

However, with Brown age 23, CJ 28, Dame 30, and Walker 30 Brown will most likely be the best player of the bunch in 2 or 3 years.  Then you have Brown and Tatum through their mid 20s and hopefully into their 30s offering a bigger window to being contenders.

A second deal CJ for Adams deal is nice, but wings are more important than bigs (just look at the Warriors of years past), and I like our current bigs just fine, or if we want to tweak the bigs we can use future mid level exceptions on Baynes types.

Maybe at some point in the future you can consider looking to move Hayward (hopefully re-signs) and/or Walker for younger pieces but I’m in no rush to do so anytime soon.

I really like this group right now.

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2020, 06:09:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
wouldn't do it.  I think Jaylen will end up the best player of the 4 when it's all send and done.  only reason I'd think about it is if Kemba's knee is toast.
Wow. Dame will likely end up as the best Blazer of all time, and you think JB will be better than him?
I'm an optimist    ;D

Lillard is a certified all-star to be sure but I really think JB has the potential to be a perennial all-star by next year and he's shown he can produce in the playoffs already.  it'd take more than Lillard to get me interested in trading him as good as Lillard is.

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2020, 11:35:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, no way Portland does this trade.  Lillard is playing like Harden, only better.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 11:36:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Yeah, no way Portland does this trade.  Lillard is playing like Harden, only better.
Yep, can't see them moving Dame. Might, and downright ought to ship CJ, but Dame could very well have taken the mantle of #1 PG in the league.

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2020, 12:13:23 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Yep, can't see them moving Dame. Might, and downright ought to ship CJ, but Dame could very well have taken the mantle of #1 PG in the league.
I wouldn't want McCollum anywhere near the team with his contract anyways. Don't think Lillard is on Harden's level though.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2020, 05:55:00 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wouldn't want McCollum anywhere near the team with his contract anyways. Don't think Lillard is on Harden's level though.

Oh, Dame is on his level.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=James+Harden&player_id1_select=James+Harden&player_id1=hardeja01&idx=bbr__players&y1=2020&player_id2_hint=Damian+Lillard&player_id2_select=Damian+Lillard&player_id2=lillada01&idx=bbr__players&y2=2020

More assists, fewer turnovers, more efficient shooter (FG%, eFG%, TS% and 3PT%).  Four fewer PPG, but also two fewer FGA / 3PTA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2020, 06:24:10 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Imo both teams say no

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2020, 07:55:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Oh, Dame is on his level.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=James+Harden&player_id1_select=James+Harden&player_id1=hardeja01&idx=bbr__players&y1=2020&player_id2_hint=Damian+Lillard&player_id2_select=Damian+Lillard&player_id2=lillada01&idx=bbr__players&y2=2020

More assists, fewer turnovers, more efficient shooter (FG%, eFG%, TS% and 3PT%).  Four fewer PPG, but also two fewer FGA / 3PTA.
I think Harden is a better passer & defender, but Dame is much less likely to shoot his team out of a game completely.