Author Topic: Trade Idea: Swapping back courts with Portland  (Read 5316 times)

Trade Idea: Swapping back courts with Portland
« on: July 31, 2020, 04:24:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Trade Idea: Swapping back courts with Portland
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I saw this on Facebook:

Brown + Kemba + picks for Lillard + McCollum

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/07/30/the-perfect-blockbuster-trade-damian-lillard-and-cj-mccollum-for-kemba-walker-jaylen-brown-and-three-future-picks

I wouldn't do it, mainly due to Brown's youth and potential.  And defense. 

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 04:44:25 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I'd do it.
Lillard is easily the best player in the deal, and I am getting concerned with Kemba's knee. I'd say Brown and CJ are a wash, CJ is better now but has probably peaked and Brown has more potential, but potential and reality often differ. 

Lillard and Tatum would be nassssssssssssssssty

And a supporting cast of McCollum, Hayward & Smart would be extremely hard to defend.

Picks are irrelevant to me at this point, we have too many and they seldom pan out to anything.

With all that being said I think Portland says no. Lillard is a generational talent.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 04:58:29 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I think this trade is very unlikely. The only way Lillard is getting traded is if he forces his way out of Portland, and if that happens, Portland will probably just blow it up and start from scratch. For a team that's probably gonna tank for several years, would Kemba really be that valuable to them? Brown+picks would a good start for a trade, but would it win the inevitable bidding war? I don't know.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 06:00:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Incredibly unlikely, but I’d probably have to do it. We could probably flip CJ for an Adams-tier big man and start Smart next to Lillard.

A lineup of Dame-Smart-Hayward-Tatum-Adams lineup would be a title favourite for my mind
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 07:28:57 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I saw this on Facebook:

Brown + Kemba + picks for Lillard + McCollum

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/07/30/the-perfect-blockbuster-trade-damian-lillard-and-cj-mccollum-for-kemba-walker-jaylen-brown-and-three-future-picks

No. I dont wnat the back part of Lillards contract. That will be ugly. Lillard is better than Kemba, but Brown is probably better than McCollum already and the blazers duo is more expensive and older.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 07:39:32 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Wouldn't do it. I don't like the fit of McCollum next to Lillard, plus neither of them is young enough to play alongside Tatum going forward. Having said that, I wouldn't be against the idea of swapping backcourts with the Thunder.

OKC in: Kemba + Brown
Boston in: CP3 + SGA

https://tradenba.com/trades/rGOYXlrYG

Obviously, Paul's contract sucks, but it only runs for 2 more seasons. Btw, Lillard's and McCollum's contracts suck as well. For instance, Lillard will get paid $50,750,000 in 2023-2024! He'll be 34 years old in 2024.

Right now, imo:
CP3 > Kemba
SGA > Brown

We'd also save about $11.7 million next season, hence we'd probably reset the clock on the repeater tax.

But then again, I'm super high on SGA. I bet many of you guys would rather have Brown over SGA and/or Kemba over CP3.

Ideally, I'd love us to pair Brown with SGA. Not sure how we could do that without sacrificing Tatum (which obviously ain't worth it).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 07:45:29 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 07:46:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Wouldn't do it. I don't like the fit of McCollum next to Lillard, plus neither of them is young enough to play alongside Tatum going forward. Having said that, I wouldn't be against the idea of swapping backcourts with the Thunder.

Obviously, Paul's contract sucks, but it only runs for 2 more seasons. Btw, Lillard's and McCollum's contracts suck as well. For instance, Lillard will get paid $50,750,000 in 2023-2024! He'll be 34 years old in 2024.

Right now, imo:
CP3 > Kemba
SGA > Brown

We'd also save about $11.7 million next season, hence we'd probably reset the clock on the repeater tax.

But then again, I'm super high om SGA. I bet many of you guys would rather have Brown over SGA and/or Kemba over CP3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Brown's game. Ideally, I'd love us to pair Brown with SGA. Not sure how we could do that without sacrificing Tatum (which obviously ain't worth it).
I don't see that as much of an issue because I think we'd win a title immediately. I also think Dame's game will age well. CJ, like I said earlier, would be good to flip for a big like Adams.

However, that Thunder deal would be good too. Don't see OKC moving SGA though, sadly

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 08:15:46 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Right now, imo:
CP3 > Kemba
SGA > Brown

But then again, I'm super high om SGA. I bet many of you guys would rather have Brown over SGA and/or Kemba over CP3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Brown's game. Ideally, I'd love us to pair Brown with SGA. Not sure how we could do that without sacrificing Tatum (which obviously ain't worth it).
I don't see that as much of an issue because I think we'd win a title immediately. I also think Dame's game will age well. CJ, like I said earlier, would be good to flip for a big like Adams.

However, that Thunder deal would be good too. Don't see OKC moving SGA though, sadly
Not sure about the bolded part to be honest. I mean, he's an undersized explosive guard. Rule of thumb is that undersized guards don't age well. CP3 is an exception, probably because he's one of the smartest players around the league (in terms of basketball IQ). Imo, the same goes for SGA. This is the #1 reason I love his game! The kid is 22 years old and he's reading the game as if he were an experienced veteran!

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 08:27:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Right now, imo:
CP3 > Kemba
SGA > Brown

Not sure about the bolded part to be honest. I mean, he's an undersized explosive guard. Rule of thumb is that undersized guards don't age well. CP3 is an exception, probably because he's one of the smartest players around the league (in terms of basketball IQ). Imo, the same goes for SGA. This is the #1 reason I love his game! The kid is 22 years old and he's reading the game as if he were an experienced veteran!
I don't know about that. Guys like CP3, TP, Billups, Nash, Wade and even Westbrook all be efficient into their 30s. Dame is still 6'2" and about 200lbs, and the only shooter of his caliber in that list was Nash, who was an All-Star at 37. I feel like he'll be a 25+PPG guy well into his 30s

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 10:01:41 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Right now, imo:
CP3 > Kemba
SGA > Brown

I don't know about that. Guys like CP3, TP, Billups, Nash, Wade and even Westbrook all be efficient into their 30s. Dame is still 6'2" and about 200lbs, and the only shooter of his caliber in that list was Nash, who was an All-Star at 37. I feel like he'll be a 25+PPG guy well into his 30s

Literally none of those guys averaged 25 a game into their mid thirties. Wade player more than 62 games in just 2 of 7 seasons after turning 31. Westbrook just turned 31 and has already seen some slippage in his game. Nash/CP3 were both better passers than Lillard, CP3 and Billups were better defenders meaning they brought value other than scoring to the game. And none of them were on pace to make 43-54 million in their age 31-34 season.

Dont get me wrong, I expect Lillard to continue to be good for the next couple of years. But the last few years on his deal could be franchise killers. You trade for him you BETTER win it all in the next two years.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 10:14:34 PM by keevsnick »

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 10:21:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Right now, imo:
CP3 > Kemba
SGA > Brown

i mean literally none of those guys averaged 25 a game into their mid thirties. Wade player more than 62 games in just 2 of 7 seasons after turning 31. Westbrook just turned 31 and has already seen some slippage in his game. Nash/CP3 were both better passers than Lillard, CP3 and Billups were better defenders meaning they brought value other than scoring to the game. And none of them were on pace to make 43-54 million in their age 31-34 season.

Dont get me wrong, I expect Lillard to continue to be good for the next couple of years. But the last few years on his deal could be franchise killers. You trade for him you BETTER win it all in the next two years.
Yeah, but conversely none of them were 29/7/4 guys at 30 with a pretty clean bill of health. He’s also hitting career best marks in terms of percentage from all areas besides the free throw line.

Wade was never healthy, so I don’t think bringing up him being hampered by his degenerative knee is relevant. Lillard has never played less than 70 games besides this year, which is a bit of an outlier. I think with Lillard we’re instant title faves.

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 10:30:16 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I wouldn't do it, CJ is a pretty big downgrade from Jaylen (he's worse than Jaylen right now as an older player with a much lower ceiling) even though Lillard is considerably better than Kemba.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 11:36:28 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Right now, imo:
CP3 > Kemba
SGA > Brown

i mean literally none of those guys averaged 25 a game into their mid thirties. Wade player more than 62 games in just 2 of 7 seasons after turning 31. Westbrook just turned 31 and has already seen some slippage in his game. Nash/CP3 were both better passers than Lillard, CP3 and Billups were better defenders meaning they brought value other than scoring to the game. And none of them were on pace to make 43-54 million in their age 31-34 season.

Yeah, but conversely none of them were 29/7/4 guys at 30 with a pretty clean bill of health. He’s also hitting career best marks in terms of percentage from all areas besides the free throw line.

Wade was never healthy, so I don’t think bringing up him being hampered by his degenerative knee is relevant. Lillard has never played less than 70 games besides this year, which is a bit of an outlier. I think with Lillard we’re instant title faves.

Ehhh I dont think that swap makes you THAT much better. McCollum to Brown is a lateral move overall, at best. I'd flat out rather have Jaylen, and Jaylen's contract is better than Mccollum's. Lillard is better than Kemba for sure but you still have nobody to guard Embiid/Giannis. You are putting all your eggs on the next two years, I see no reason to do that when your best player is 22.

Taking on Lillards contract means Hawyard is DEFINETLY gone as well. 44 million year after next squeezes him out.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:41:31 PM by keevsnick »

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 11:37:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
wouldn't do it.  I think Jaylen will end up the best player of the 4 when it's all send and done.  only reason I'd think about it is if Kemba's knee is toast.