Author Topic: NOP Should Go All-in for the 2020-2021 season  (Read 4500 times)

Re: NOP Should Go All-in for the 2020-2021 season
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 08:07:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm not 100% how long Zion will be healthy, but I do think he is ready to help his team win in the playoffs.

There's a possibility that both Bradley Beal and Miles Turner will be available this off-season. I think the Pelicans should try to get both.

First, they offer Brandon Ingram the max in a sign-and-trade for Beal. The Pelicans could include multiple future firsts from the Lakers.

Second, they offer Jaxon Hayes, Josh Hart, firsts, and JJ Reddick to the Pacers for Turner and TJ McConell.

Then, they should offer the full MLE to Moe Harkless to give them size and depth at forward.

Then they should offer Favors a 2 year, 14 million dollar a year contract.

Starting Lineup: Holliday, Beal, Harkless, Zion, Turner
Backups: McConnell, Ball, Melli, Favors, NAW, Okafor, Jackson, Williams, and some veterans.

Depending on Zion's development, that team could be in the mix for a championship.

Is Beal supposed to be an upgrade to Ingram? I am not sure that is true.
Beal is a huge upgrade over Ingram
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 12:26:42 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I'm not 100% how long Zion will be healthy, but I do think he is ready to help his team win in the playoffs.

There's a possibility that both Bradley Beal and Miles Turner will be available this off-season. I think the Pelicans should try to get both.

First, they offer Brandon Ingram the max in a sign-and-trade for Beal. The Pelicans could include multiple future firsts from the Lakers.

Second, they offer Jaxon Hayes, Josh Hart, firsts, and JJ Reddick to the Pacers for Turner and TJ McConell.

Then, they should offer the full MLE to Moe Harkless to give them size and depth at forward.

Backups: McConnell, Ball, Melli, Favors, NAW, Okafor, Jackson, Williams, and some veterans.

Depending on Zion's development, that team could be in the mix for a championship.

Upgrade probably.  Huge upgrade.  Don't think so.  Ingram is 4 years younger. 

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 12:34:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Give me the 30PPG guy who is a better defender, passer and a comparable rebounder (despite being 4 inches shorter) over the injury-prone Ingram. Beal has played 82 games each of his last two seasons - Ingram hasn't played over 60 since he was a rookie. That's a huge difference in durability, alongside quite a gulf in offensive output, and a gap in defensive ability, all in favour of Beal.

Not even close for me

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 01:02:54 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Give me the 30PPG guy who is a better defender, passer and a comparable rebounder (despite being 4 inches shorter) over the injury-prone Ingram. Beal has played 82 games each of his last two seasons - Ingram hasn't played over 60 since he was a rookie. That's a huge difference in durability, alongside quite a gulf in offensive output, and a gap in defensive ability, all in favour of Beal.

Not even close for me

Yeah I'd take Beal as well, despite the age factor.

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2020, 12:05:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I thought NOP benefitted a lot from having three ball-handlers and passers on the perimeter. That allows them more versatility in getting Zion the ball inside and made it harder to double team anyone (Zion, Ingram, Jrue) because everyone on the perimeter could make plays.

This will be even more true when they go small with Ingram at PF and Zion at C (alongside 3 guards with Redick as 3rd guard) which I don't think they have used much yet but will be an unstoppable offensive lineup that they should use more of.

So, I wouldn't give up that lineup versatility to slot in a limited 3&D wing like Harkless. That is why I don't think Beal is right for this team. They have something special there already with Lonzo, Jrue and Ingram. With Redick as alternate.

Ingram offers more lineup versatility as a highly skilled SF/PF who can handle the ball, pass, create his own shot and space the floor than Beal does.

I do like the Myles Turner as a starter next to Zion. They should offer up a bunch of draft picks and make that happen. Favors hasn't worked out as hoped. Turner can be that 3&D center next to Zion to start games and for when they need more size inside.

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 12:55:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Not even close for me
Beal is in his 8th season.  Ingram is only in his 4th season.  Ingram has played 51 of 59 games this season so he should get over 60 and possibly 70.  Beal is at 51 of 58 this season.  Ingram would have ben 60+ last season if not for the blood clot issue.  Ingram should have more games played in 4 seasons than Beal did. 

Beal is at 30.3PPG but he's chucking 8.3 3PA at 33.5%.  Ingram is at 24.8PPG on 6.3 3PA at 40%.  He's made a big jump in FT% up to 85.9%.  Ingram is better than Beal was in his 4th season.  There's no reason to think Ingram won't continue to improve. 
Now I am a bit biased on Ingram since he was my favorite player in his draft. 

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 01:39:17 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Maybe the Pels can win it all this season!   8)
I say go for it Pels!  Boston will take you down in the finals... ;D

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2020, 12:18:56 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Not even close for me
Beal is in his 8th season.  Ingram is only in his 4th season.  Ingram has played 51 of 59 games this season so he should get over 60 and possibly 70.  Beal is at 51 of 58 this season.  Ingram would have ben 60+ last season if not for the blood clot issue.  Ingram should have more games played in 4 seasons than Beal did. 

Beal is at 30.3PPG but he's chucking 8.3 3PA at 33.5%.  Ingram is at 24.8PPG on 6.3 3PA at 40%.  He's made a big jump in FT% up to 85.9%.  Ingram is better than Beal was in his 4th season.  There's no reason to think Ingram won't continue to improve. 
I think there is every reason to think Ingram won't improve, because he's been a worse player since Zion arrived and the offence will continue to be less and less built around him

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 05:30:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Not even close for me

I think there is every reason to think Ingram won't improve, because he's been a worse player since Zion arrived and the offence will continue to be less and less built around him
I think Ingram's jump this year has made him a mediocre primary piece who doesn't really scale well next to other stars who need the ball. He now provides more off ball value with his improved spot up shooting, but his passing and movement is so geared towards on ball creation thus year that he doesn't give teams that decent secondary creator lift anymore.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA