Poll

Would you rather listen to Ordway talk sports for 20 minutes or read a Simmons article

Simmons article
30 (65.2%)
Ordway talking
3 (6.5%)
I love them both
0 (0%)
I hate them both
2 (4.3%)
I like them both but within limits
4 (8.7%)
I dislike Ordway, but strongly dislike Simmons
0 (0%)
I dislike Simmons, but strongly dislike Ordway
1 (2.2%)
I dislike them both, but admit Ordway has talent
2 (4.3%)
I dislike them both, but admit Simmons has talent
1 (2.2%)
I like them both, but think Simmons has more talent
3 (6.5%)
I like them both but think Ordway has more talent
0 (0%)
I like Simmons more than Ordway, but think Ordway has more integrity
0 (0%)
I like Ordway more,  but think Simmons has more integrity
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Bill Simmons WEEI Feud (merged)  (Read 29946 times)

Re: Bill Simmons WEEI Feud (merged)
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Thanks they sort of encapsulate my opinion on billy. They also mentioned the Doc article which is #1 on my list of reasons I despise this fraud.  Also his views on the NBA and the game of basketball in general are the equivalent of 13 year old Kobe kid.

It's consistent with what I know of him, too.  He's entitled to his opinions, but I just don't like the guy's personality.  He's fake, and ridiculously thin-skinned.
What are some examples of Simmons (or Ordway for that matter) being fake and thin skinned?  I suppose you could say he doesn't really take what he dishes out (for example he tortured Isiah Thomas, and perhaps Doc, but doesn't want to go on the Big Show, because it won't help his career) but I don't think that's the same as being thin skinned. Also I could definitely understand some resentment of him trying to put himself out there as the ultimate fan, but I'm not sure that's fake or thin skinned either. Maybe hypocritical if he's also trying to be a legit writer.

I've had dealings with Simmons outside of this board.  I've been asked not to get into specifics, so I won't.  He's a child, though.  One of those "I'm taking my ball and going home" type of guys.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2009, 04:48:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Thanks they sort of encapsulate my opinion on billy. They also mentioned the Doc article which is #1 on my list of reasons I despise this fraud.  Also his views on the NBA and the game of basketball in general are the equivalent of 13 year old Kobe kid.

It's consistent with what I know of him, too.  He's entitled to his opinions, but I just don't like the guy's personality.  He's fake, and ridiculously thin-skinned.
What are some examples of Simmons (or Ordway for that matter) being fake and thin skinned?  I suppose you could say he doesn't really take what he dishes out (for example he tortured Isiah Thomas, and perhaps Doc, but doesn't want to go on the Big Show, because it won't help his career) but I don't think that's the same as being thin skinned. Also I could definitely understand some resentment of him trying to put himself out there as the ultimate fan, but I'm not sure that's fake or thin skinned either. Maybe hypocritical if he's also trying to be a legit writer.

I've had dealings with Simmons outside of this board.  I've been asked not to get into specifics, so I won't.  He's a child, though.  One of those "I'm taking my ball and going home" type of guys.
Wow.  Eeenteresting.  I guess I could see that leading you to dislike him over Ordway whom I assume you haven't met. Also I admit I'm surprised by a couple things here. You were asked (I guess by staff) not to discuss it here, but you are pretty down on him here, and also I have to wonder what on Earth could have happened between you and Simmons, but I guess you've said enough.

But I like. I like.

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I wonder how the poll results would be different if it was given before Simmon's 2008 Finals prediction.

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2009, 05:24:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i voted "hate them both"

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2009, 05:37:53 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
I know its not the first time, but a thread dedicated to guys who give their opinion about sports? Really? If any topic under the sun is on the table, can there be a thread about best bar menu instead? That would actually be an extremely important subject compared to this..

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2009, 05:52:26 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I don't understand why people are complaining about this thread and saying it's a non topic when it's been in the "Latest Forum Topics" column for pretty much the entire last two days. This isn't just a blog for the Celtics. It is in the "Off Topic" section where it belongs. If you don't think it's important... don't click on it. You don't have to go to every topic and denounce them if they are not worthy of you reading them. This is a blogging community of many different people who happen to want to talk about different things.

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2009, 06:03:09 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-05qaVRd6k&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZJtBQo5DU&feature=player_embedded

Ordway bashing the over sensitive Simmons on air.

Ordway > Simmons

TP thanks for that. I don't know too much about this "feud" but I've always heard Ordway give lots of Praise to Simmons on his show while I've seen Simmons bash the Big Show many times... Weird

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2009, 06:07:27 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I voted like them both but within limits. I think that it is also hard to compare them as one is live on the radio talking and the other gets to write, proofread and really think out what he wants to say. But anyway I don't read every one of Simmons' articles and I don't listen to the Big O everyday. Both of them, IMO, are entertaining and in small doses they can be great. Of course I change the channel on Big O sometimes or close out of Simmons' articles sometimes but I keep coming back to see what they both have to say. I do think that Ordway seems like he is generally  a nicer guy where SImmons does seem like an arrogant prissy girl sometimes.    

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2009, 06:13:27 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
If any topic under the sun is on the table, can there be a thread about best bar menu instead?

Sure, start it up. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2009, 06:18:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If any topic under the sun is on the table, can there be a thread about best bar menu instead?

Sure, start it up. ;)

Yeah. Totally. I've always wanted to see WBMWJL (what bar menu would Jesus like?)  :D

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2009, 03:43:47 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Once the “Big Show” got wind of his remarks, Ordway anointed Simmons the “fraud of the day.” Simmons fired back on Twitter, telling followers to create fake “Big Show” Twitter accounts. “Wait a second, why feud with big fishes in a small pond? Ordway could never work nationally. Small time. You’re right, bad career move by me,” Simmons tweeted. Simmons, a Hub native and former Herald editorial assistant, said Ordway’s producer later e-mailed him to come on the show to talk about things “diplomatically.” Simmons agreed, but says ESPN execs told him to hold off until things cooled down and he relayed this to Ordway’s producer. On Tuesday, Ordway told listeners Simmons wasn’t coming on and said he had sent the show an e-mail saying that his bosses didn’t want him to go on “anytime soon.” Simmons then called in to Mike Felger and Tony Massarotti’s show on “The Sports Hub” to dish about the “Big Show.”  He also lashed out on Twitter. “Hey WEEI: You were wrong, I did a Boston interview today. With your competition,” Simmons wrote. “Rather give them ratings over deceitful scumbags like you.” Ordway took the high road. ‘Bill,” Ordway said last night, “lighten up.” - Bostonherald

It's official: Bill Simmons is a little ****
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2009, 04:39:04 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423

Sure, start it up. ;)

Yeah. Totally. I've always wanted to see WBMWJL (what bar menu would Jesus like?)  :D

Loaves and fishes.  What else? And it would all be free.

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2009, 04:42:29 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
no press is bad press...for both parties involved. This "fued" is selling books and boosting ratings. That's all it is.

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2009, 06:11:45 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
I don't understand why people are complaining about this thread and saying it's a non topic when it's been in the "Latest Forum Topics" column for pretty much the entire last two days. This isn't just a blog for the Celtics. It is in the "Off Topic" section where it belongs. If you don't think it's important... don't click on it. You don't have to go to every topic and denounce them if they are not worthy of you reading them. This is a blogging community of many different people who happen to want to talk about different things.

Hahahahahaha, thanks for explaining how blogs work, I truly was confused. I'll let you in on a secret, the complaints are posted to elicit responses exactly like this one, so thanks for taking this so seriously and giving us normal people a laugh.

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2009, 06:25:43 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Hahahahahaha, thanks for explaining how blogs work, I truly was confused. I'll let you in on a secret, the complaints are posted to elicit responses exactly like this one, so thanks for taking this so seriously and giving us normal people a laugh.

I don't care about this either but lay off. I promise I'll tell everyone on the board you're t3h 1337est mofo in the world--you don't have to prove it.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.