Author Topic: WWE  (Read 163480 times)

Re: WWE
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2009, 01:02:42 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Nothing to really talk about this week...i thought raw pretty much sucked outside of the promo hunter gave after legacy beat him down, which was funny.

So instead, i give you the best jericho tribute on youtube, as evidence of why im such a mark for him and why the WWE needs to to find a new heel it trusts so chris can go back to being the old Y2J while he can still work in the ring at a world class level and get a huge push.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTw9Mi7Y8LQ

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2009, 10:57:56 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Anyone else want to see Shawn Michaels Super Kick  HHH at Summerslam giving "Priceless" the win and setting up a fued (with HBK as the heel) that could go to the Royal Rumble?

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Anyone else want to see Shawn Michaels Super Kick  HHH at Summerslam giving "Priceless" the win and setting up a fued (with HBK as the heel) that could go to the Royal Rumble?

absolutly.

I'd like to see anything new with hunter at this point. I'm not going to re-hash what's been said earlier in this thread, but to me, trips is dreadfuly stale and the fact that he puts no one over (i was shocked he let a 2-1 by two upper midcarders go over this week, and, even though i found his promo hillarious, he pretty much killed what little momenutm they had gained with it. also, whats with buring batista as injury prone? i mean, couldn't he have said "dave's hurt?" instead he flat out said batista is fragile...wth.)

Trips is a great worker...but ive seen him fued with everyone on raw's M/E scene...do something new.

He'd never do it, at least not to put diabese over, but i'd love to see a fued between just those two. rhodes does little for me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:20:14 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2009, 09:01:11 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Nothing to really talk about this week...i thought raw pretty much sucked outside of the promo hunter gave after legacy beat him down, which was funny.

I dunno, I thought it was a little mean spirited...Batista's always injured (sure its true, but it doesn't help him get over does it?) and the shot at Flair was especially low - now if those guys were in on it, fine, but to sully Flair's name without furthering any sort of storyline seemed kinda lame to me
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I dunno, I thought it was a little mean spirited...Batista's always injured (sure its true, but it doesn't help him get over does it?) and the shot at Flair was especially low - now if those guys were in on it, fine, but to sully Flair's name without furthering any sort of storyline seemed kinda lame to me

yea, i'll agree, espically about the batista part. why, if we are supposed to think of hunter as a babyface, is he burying batista as injury prone in a promo?

I dunno, me and HHH have a very love/hate relationship. I love his work, but that that he refuses to put people over clean, if at all, irks the hell out of me. HE couldn't even let legacy have the minor bump they would get from beating him 2 v 1.

Kennedy said in an interview recently that no matter what angle you come up with/push you are on, its hard to beat hunters input since he has " the sunday brunch meeting in his back pocket". I think there's something to that, and i think raw suffers for it. HE's still yet to put orton over clean, ever. Famously, he refused to lose to jericho, batista and orton at numerous PPV's and stalled out thier push.

Guys a great worker, of that thier is no doubt, and i enjoy his matches...but i mean, other superstars put the up and comers over all the time...just this friday for instance:

*SPOILERS BELOW*

Jericho is putting JTG over this week as part of their fued on smackdown, and has put over numerous up and comers in the past. Orton made carlito look golden on superstars last week,and HBK has put over numerous up and comers in the past.  punk put over morrision while world champ, yet hunter never does for anyone. When is the last time you remember hunter getting beat clean by someone not named HBK?

The man is 40 years old, and probably has 3-4 good years left of work, if that. Put the next generation over once in awhile H, on your way out, that's all im asking.

« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2009, 10:27:32 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
for hoyo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhOkUQKmmKM

This guys athleticism is CRAZY. Watch how high he gets in the air on some of his regular standing dropkicks. They have to use him more. Nice find crownsy...

Also I gotta be honest I'm just sick of HHH. He's been there forever and I've just had enough of him.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2009, 11:31:21 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
It's no coincidence that Raw got good for the period of time HHH was on Smackdown, as soon as he returned it was business as usual.  He doesn't seem to understand how to win a match while making the opponent look halfway decent (example being Orton pinning Primo clean on Superstars, while not treating him like a jobber).  Even after the clean(!!) loss to Rhodes and Dibiase, he had to immediately get his heat back.

Used to be a huge HHH fan, but he hasn't evolved as a wrestler or character in years and it is getting beyond stale.

« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
It's no coincidence that Raw got good for the period of time HHH was on Smackdown, as soon as he returned it was business as usual.  He doesn't seem to understand how to win a match while making the opponent look halfway decent (example being Orton pinning Primo clean on Superstars, while not treating him like a jobber).  Even after the clean(!!) loss to Rhodes and Dibiase, he had to immediately get his heat back.

Used to be a huge HHH fan, but he hasn't evolved as a wrestler or character in years and it is getting beyond stale.

yep. and he's never going to have to accept that the company has moved on, due to his special circumstance.

I don't begrudge the man his marriage, or that fact that he is for all intents and purposes part of creative. I just wish, now that he's an older star, that he would start to put some younger people over clean and give back to the industry. IT's time HHH.

There's only so much interest i can put into a fued, as good a worker as he is, when i know that he's going to win it because his wife wrote the storyline  :-\

« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Just dug this beauty up.  It was in with a pile of records someone had dropped off at my shop.

THE POLISH HAMMER!

Ivan Putski

Yup

« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
for hoyo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhOkUQKmmKM

This guys athleticism is CRAZY. Watch how high he gets in the air on some of his regular standing dropkicks. They have to use him more. Nice find crownsy...

Also I gotta be honest I'm just sick of HHH. He's been there forever and I've just had enough of him.

seems like he's going to get a push, he got a new theme this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzBOEy0D9Js

"some were born to fly" old one was good to, but I like the new one :D

Normally the WWE doesn't invest in licensed music for you unless they plan to use you. I hope him and swagger fued, there both really good and really young.

They could both use a good fued, and it's the classic monster heel vs underdog face, should start to get them both over.

« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2009, 05:19:56 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If only they would let him do his double flip shooting star press.

But at least they let him do some flying moves.  They don't let Ray do anything but sit on people or that stupid frog splash that looks like a belly flop.  Without those moves, I have a hard time 'believing' he could beat certain larger wrestlers.  (even with those moves I don't believe in him beating guys like Kane)

« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2009, 05:22:35 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
If only they would let him do his double flip shooting star press.

But at least they let him do some flying moves.  They don't let Ray do anything but sit on people or that stupid frog splash that looks like a belly flop.  Without those moves, I have a hard time 'believing' he could beat certain larger wrestlers.  (even with those moves I don't believe in him beating guys like Kane)

you like the old bourne entrance or the new one better?

I think the new one is better, plus as i said i hope it signals that the WWE thinks him worth pushing, but i did like the countdown to lift off aspect of the old one.

WDL, do you know if WWE signed his younger brother to a developmental deal? I heard they did, but i'll be [dang]ed if i can find a story that confirms it...

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2009, 02:04:27 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2009, 10:22:36 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Spoilter Alert

just finished watching Orton vs. Cena... I love the finish, I really thought they were going to give the belt to Cena

now the key is to make Randy a dangerous heel, get him a nice win streak, he needs to move away from the cowardly heel role imo
When you love life, life loves you right back