Author Topic: 2003 Steroid list leaked (D&C is reporting)  (Read 30900 times)

Re: 2003 Steroid list leaked (D&C is reporting)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 09:45:08 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
The more I look at it, the more I doubt its accuracy. Usually there are some lesser known players among the elite players on these lists. Seems shady that there's no verification.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 09:48:25 AM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Remember, this is from 2003.  A lot of these guys were young guys on the fringe of the minors/majors at that point in time...  I mean there are a lot of Shea Hillenbrands and the like who were not big names for fans around the league.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 09:51:22 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Remember, this is from 2003.  A lot of these guys were young guys on the fringe of the minors/majors at that point in time...  I mean there are a lot of Shea Hillenbrands and the like who were not big names for fans around the league.

I don't know, alot of those guys were still very good, even Hillenbrand who was an All-Star in '02. Though Hillenbrand has a reputation for roid-rage.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 09:52:23 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
am i the only one that really doesn't care who used what anymore? at the end of the day, you still have to have crazy skills to do the stuff that these guys do...steroids don't make them naturally talented and skilled.

the worst part is how the MLB handles this stuff...they milk their superstars dry to revive baseball and then throw their players under the bus when they're finished. completely unacceptable, IMO.

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 09:54:27 AM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
am i the only one that really doesn't care who used what anymore? at the end of the day, you still have to have crazy skills to do the stuff that these guys do...steroids don't make them naturally talented and skilled.

the worst part is how the MLB handles this stuff...they milk their superstars dry to revive baseball and then throw their players under the bus when they're finished. completely unacceptable, IMO.

Yes, I agree.  I'm actually happy that if this is the list, we get it over with.  I also think it's good that we finally can take some of the attention off of Bonds, who was the scapegoat for this era.  It wasn't his fault he was just THAT much better than all of the other guys who used roids...

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I am quite fine juggling my life around finding out who cheated.  Please keep dropping the names and hopefully none of them make the HOF.  Manny was clearly using and will get away with it.. Papi is somehow going unscathed as well.

If Pete Rose isn't in these cheaters don't deserve to be either.  In fact Pete deserves to be in over them.  He's the 'Hit King', not some also ran from Minnesota that in 30's starting juicing and hit some homers for 2004 and 2007 Boston Red Sox.  

Bonds a scapegoat... haha
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 10:01:25 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Come on, there's no way this is real.  All of the big names happened to be caught, but very few lesser known players tested positive?  I mean, approximately 1/9 or so of Major Leaguers tested positive, and it seems odd that almost all of those on this list are names familiar to baseball fans.

Also, of course, I would almost guarantee that Roger Clemens is *not* on the list.  If he was, that information would be trumpeted front and center by those trying to indict him for perjury.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 10:04:27 AM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
Also, of course, I would almost guarantee that Roger Clemens is *not* on the list.  If he was, that information would be trumpeted front and center by those trying to indict him for perjury.

Good point.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 10:04:36 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
The more I look at it, the more I doubt its accuracy. Usually there are some lesser known players among the elite players on these lists. Seems shady that there's no verification.

exactly my thoughts...it's bull. where are the israel alcantras of the world? the brian roses? ect. not to say that those guys did/didnt take 'roids, but i didn't see more than 1 or 2 names that i didn't immediately recognize as tenured MLB veterans. further, this would be THE story on EVERY sports media outlet right now if it was confirmed.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 10:05:44 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Yeah, this can't be legit.  How would D&C have the list but not ESPN or even the AP?  It's not being reported anywhere.  

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 10:06:30 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
one more reason why I'm done with baseball for the foreseeable future

Ya cause everybody is clean in basketball.  Dwight isnt on anything

baseball was always a distant 3rd anyway

I've stuck with football despite steroids and spygate

I'll stick with basketball when someone's finally caught

Wait, so you're done with baseball for the foreseeable future because of all the players getting caught, but you're ok with football?  Interesting.  Were you ok with Rodney Harrison using HGH with relatively no consequences?  Most Patriots fans were/are.

The NFL probably had BY FAR the most abusers, yet people on the whole, seem to either think A) they're clean or B) they don't care.  NFL players have a closer resemblance to WWE "performers" than they do actual athletes.

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 10:09:48 AM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday

The NFL probably had BY FAR the most abusers, yet people on the whole, seem to either think A) they're clean or B) they don't care.  NFL players have a closer resemblance to WWE "performers" than they do actual athletes.

At least the NFL wasn't sketchy and had a testing policy with corresponding punishment to give them 100% more credibility than the MLB.  That's the real issue...not which players used and which didn't.  It's not breaking the rules if the rules don't exist!

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Wait, so you're done with baseball for the foreseeable future because of all the players getting caught, but you're ok with football?  Interesting.  Were you ok with Rodney Harrison using HGH with relatively no consequences?  Most Patriots fans were/are.

Baseball is all about numbers which are pretty much all null and void now.  I do agree though that the NFL is let off the hook I think primarily because it's a contact sport where players sacrifice their bodies for much less money than baseball players make.  It's really embarrassing for MLB players to be using steroids.  They hit baseballs but, as in Bonds they look like body builders.. ha
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 10:17:50 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67

At least the NFL wasn't sketchy and had a testing policy with corresponding punishment to give them 100% more credibility than the MLB.  That's the real issue...not which players used and which didn't.  It's not breaking the rules if the rules don't exist!

Harrison got suspended for 4 games, and once he retired NBC hires him to be a commentator for games.  He's great no doubt, but I find it hilarious that he's one of the most critical commentators now when he cheated to get back on the field quicker.  Tough punishment there.

Another example, Shawne Merriman gets suspended for 4 games for using steroids.  Wow, tough punishment.

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 10:24:30 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Harrison got suspended for 4 games, and once he retired NBC hires him to be a commentator for games.  He's great no doubt, but I find it hilarious that he's one of the most critical commentators now when he cheated to get back on the field quicker.  Tough punishment there.

Another example, Shawne Merriman gets suspended for 4 games for using steroids.  Wow, tough punishment.

Thats for a first time offense and in a 16 game NFL season thats a quarter of the season that he isnt allowed to play.  That is a pretty serious suspension.  And a first time steroid suspension in baseball is 50 games which is 30% so they are roughly the same. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16