Author Topic: What's your 2-minute pitch to KD  (Read 4022 times)

What's your 2-minute pitch to KD
« on: June 29, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
Here's how I would have it play out. 

Show up with Tommy (legend), Isaiah (current face/all-star), Avery (All-defensive 1st teamer plus UT guys play ball every summer), Crowder (just because I think KD would appreciate him), and Jaylen Brown (symbolizes the Brooklyn picks we have coming, and future hope), and then of course Danny, Steven, Wyc, and Pags.

Have everyone meet with him quickly (quick daps, bro hugs, hand shakes).  Then let Tommy, Danny, Stevens, and Isaiah do most of the talking with the presentation revolving around the past, present, and the future.  Have the presentation end with a video that highlights our 18 chips, showcases the greats, shows KG's anything possible, and has the returns of KG and Pierce and the crowds admiration towards them.  End with the image of KG shedding tears while watching Gino during his last visit, with chants of Let's Go Celtics in the background.

Then ask KD what he wants and who he wants to play with.  Horford.  Done.  Perhaps Dwight. Done.  Westbrook in a year instead.  Will do.

Finally, tell KD "We brought a Jersey for you to try on."  In walks Reggie Lewis's mom carrying a #35 Lewis jersey and she hands it to KD and says "I would be proud to have you continue what my son started."

Place contract in front him.  Signed!

Ok that might take more than two minutes.  :)

Re: What's your 2-minute pitch to KD
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 02:54:41 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Danny Ainge : "Hi Kevin, how are you doing? I'm great thanks. I leave you with Brad, he has some videos and charts to show you. I'll come back when you are ready to sign with us so we can talk about which center you prefer. See you..."

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 02:56:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tell him that we really won the lottery in 2007 and have finally gotten around to selecting him first in the draft.

We'll give him a max deal for being so patient.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 03:06:48 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Here's how I would have it play out. 

Show up with Tommy (legend), Isaiah (current face/all-star), Avery (All-defensive 1st teamer plus UT guys play ball every summer), Crowder (just because I think KD would appreciate him), and Jaylen Brown (symbolizes the Brooklyn picks we have coming, and future hope), and then of course Danny, Steven, Wyc, and Pags.

Have everyone meet with him quickly (quick daps, bro hugs, hand shakes).  Then let Tommy, Danny, Stevens, and Isaiah do most of the talking with the presentation revolving around the past, present, and the future.  Have the presentation end with a video that highlights our 18 chips, showcases the greats, shows KG's anything possible, and has the returns of KG and Pierce and the crowds admiration towards them.  End with the image of KG shedding tears while watching Gino during his last visit, with chants of Let's Go Celtics in the background.

Then ask KD what he wants and who he wants to play with.  Horford.  Done.  Perhaps Dwight. Done.  Westbrook in a year instead.  Will do.

Finally, tell KD "We brought a Jersey for you to try on."  In walks Reggie Lewis's mom carrying a #35 Lewis jersey and she hands it to KD and says "I would be proud to have you continue what my son started."

Place contract in front him.  Signed!

Ok that might take more than two minutes.  :)

I like this part. A lot. It's a bit sentimental, probably won't strike him the wrong way though.

If I was a free agent and I wanted 35, that part in bold would really strike me in a positive way.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 03:11:53 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Danny Ainge : "Hi Kevin, how are you doing? I'm great thanks. I leave you with Brad, he has some videos and charts to show you. I'll come back when you are ready to sign with us so we can talk about which center you prefer. See you..."

Seriously, this.  Just leave him with Brad and Brad will talk him into it.  I'm sure Brad will have ATO and normal plays (some of which are completely new) drawn up and ready to present.  I can just see Brad explaining the intricacies of some of the plays the Celtics run and KD getting really into it

[dang it], I'm getting really excited just thinking about Brad talking to KD about signing here
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 03:16:30 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
*Bill Russel Speaks*: This league is all about Era's. Legends are made by it, Celtics lure is built on it. From my 11 championships, to Bird, to the most recent Big 3. You have a chance to be arguably become the greatest Celtic in all of franchise History. The opportunity to lead the most storied franchise into a whole new era, all your own. *tearing up* The magnitude of this position would be greater than you can possibly imagine. Young man, if I could be in your shoes for a moment. What do you think I would do?

*KD Speaks*: Sign with the Celtics No doubt.

*Staring into KDs soul, Bill Russel Speaks*: No.doubt.

*Russel slowly gets assistance walking out of the room, wipin away tears with his hankerchief. Moments later he could be heard down the hall blowing his nose*

*Danny staring at the contract on the table*: Great minds think alike.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 03:18:12 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 03:26:53 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Recalling KD's MVP speech and his Mother, we invite his Mom to the meeting and all the Moms of every Boston legend (David Ortiz, Bobby Orr, Tom Brady, etc.) who is still alive to talk about how their son has established their legacies as Boston superstars.

Kevin and his Mom walk into the room and they are all sitting down in a circular formation. All of which are wearing their son's respective jerseys, including Reggie Lewis' Mom who is already sitting down with the #35 jersey. When she stands up at the end of the discussion, she takes off the jersey and on the back is the name Durant rather than Lewis.

DONE DEAL!

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 03:27:22 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 03:28:58 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Please, basketball god. Save us from our general manager.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 03:32:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This seems unfounded. I cant think of all that many GMs with superior track records to Ainge.

Pat Riley and RC Buford might be the only two.

Honestly, who else has a better track record than Ainge?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 03:32:41 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
*Bill Russel Speaks*: This league is all about Era's. Legends are made by it, Celtics lure is built on it. From my 11 championships, to Bird, to the most recent Big 3. You have a chance to be arguably become the greatest Celtic in all of franchise History. The opportunity to lead the most storied franchise into a whole new era, all your own. *tearing up* The magnitude of this position would be greater than you can possibly imagine. Young man, if I could be in your shoes for a moment. What do you think I would do?

*KD Speaks*: Sign with the Celtics No doubt.

*Staring into KDs soul, Bill Russel Speaks*: No.doubt.

*Russel slowly gets assistance walking out of the room, wipin away tears with his hankerchief. Moments later he could be heard down the hall blowing his nose*

*Danny staring at the contract on the table*: Great minds think alike.

I love this!  Gotta get that Russel cackle in there somewhere though!  I'm dropping this into my scenario above. 

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 03:33:38 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
Recalling KD's MVP speech and his Mother, we invite his Mom to the meeting and all the Moms of every Boston legend (David Ortiz, Bobby Orr, Tom Brady, etc.) who is still alive to talk about how their son has established their legacies as Boston superstars.

Kevin and his Mom walk into the room and they are all sitting down in a circular formation. All of which are wearing their son's respective jerseys, including Reggie Lewis' Mom who is already sitting down with the #35 jersey. When she stands up at the end of the discussion, she takes off the jersey and on the back is the name Durant rather than Lewis.

DONE DEAL!

Ok this one gave me chills.  How does KD say no to this!?!

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 03:38:57 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
This seems unfounded. I cant think of all that many GMs with superior track records to Ainge.

Pat Riley and RC Buford might be the only two.

Honestly, who else has a better track record than Ainge?

It's the usual suspect. Just pay no attention to him. After all, he IS a "coach", not a GM
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 03:41:22 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I'm giving myself the slow clap on the Mom scenario. You just can't say no to that. It's literally impossible...