Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 356956 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1140 on: December 12, 2017, 05:56:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
spoiler alert:

well that was a surprise -- biting Carl  -- I don't believe he's dead in the comics but since I'm not a reader, I could be wrong.  even though Carl's character grew on me the past couple of seasons, I still feel worse about Shiva's death.

Talking Dead dropping hints of an interesting finish for Carl when the season picks up in February

Oh don't you worry! We'll find out that the walker who bit Carl actually was wearing DENTURES, so the bite won't fully affect Carl and he'll end up surviving  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But seriously, I DID NOT see that coming at all. Honestly kind of spoiled my mood at the end of the episode too. It's going to be rough for Rick now  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1141 on: December 12, 2017, 06:26:08 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Scott Gimple made a horrible decision for shock value.

« Reply #1142 on: December 12, 2017, 07:01:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Scott Gimple made a horrible decision for shock value.

Then you realize the season resumes and that last sequence was just a dream  :P

(It's a joke, but with TWD.. who knows anymore)

« Reply #1143 on: December 12, 2017, 07:02:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I threw in the towel after the Glenn dumpster thing. Has it just kept getting dumber?

« Reply #1144 on: December 12, 2017, 07:08:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I threw in the towel after the Glenn dumpster thing. Has it just kept getting dumber?

Some parts are kind of "meh" now.. and it's dragging on a lot nowadays too.

I'm still watching and am a fan of the show, but I could honestly understand some people feeling disappointed now and "taking a break" from it.

The most recent death though (spoiler) was probably the most shocking thing the show has ever done, and it's a HUGE difference from the Comics (so I guess the show is essentially going it's own route now and no longer following the comics much after this current storyline).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:14:56 PM by Phantom255x »

« Reply #1145 on: November 05, 2018, 09:56:49 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Well, time for me to throw in the towel.  Seems like most of you already have.

Last night was the "final episode" for Rick Grimes, and the ending and announcements afterwards were beyond ridiculous. 

You know the show is worried about ratings when every commercial all season has been about the "countdown to Rick Grimes final episodes."  The show went from anybody can die at anytime to announcing and promoting a character being written off to try to boost ratings.

And despite all this they're choosing to expand the universe even more?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1146 on: November 05, 2018, 10:11:02 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Last night was the "final episode" for Rick Grimes, and the ending and announcements afterwards were beyond ridiculous. 

You know the show is worried about ratings when every commercial all season has been about the "countdown to Rick Grimes final episodes."  The show went from anybody can die at anytime to announcing and promoting a character being written off to try to boost ratings.

Yeah, it used to be must see TV.

Now, it’s “I’ll DVR it and watch it when I’m really bored”.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1147 on: November 05, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yeah, it used to be must see TV.

Now, it’s “I’ll DVR it and watch it when I’m really bored”.
it's still the one show I'll watch live.  The acting is still excellent and some of the storylines are very good.

what disappointed me about this was that whole lead-up to Rick's final episode.  turns out to be a big con to get people interested in Rick movies on AMC.  they insisted his character was done with TWD but I find it hard to believe they'll feature him in films dedicated to his character and he's not trying to get back to Judith and Alexandria.

I will say this, I did like what they previewed with Judith.

« Reply #1148 on: November 05, 2018, 06:17:40 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I still watch this show, just not with any where near the fervor I used to.  It's definitely gone down hill in the quality of the storytelling, even if the acting is still quite good.

And I totally knew they weren't going to actually kill off Rick, but I don't have a problem with that.  I do wish they would have been a little less predictable, though, in how they wrote him off the show.  I am interested to see what the new direction of the show is going to be with Rick and Carl both gone now.  We'll see if TWD can do what most other shows have failed miserably at, and that's successfully reboot the show once the main character leaves.

« Reply #1149 on: November 14, 2018, 07:33:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Whassup with the talking zombie at the end of the last episode?

Walkie talkie?
Yup

« Reply #1150 on: November 14, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
They need to come to life starting with this game.

Oh sorry.  I thought this was a thread on the Celtics this season. 

« Reply #1151 on: November 14, 2018, 07:39:55 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
They need to come to life starting with this game.

Oh sorry.  I thought this was a thread on the Celtics this season.
TP..that was great!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1152 on: March 24, 2019, 11:22:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
ok - no one's posted on this season but rather than start a new thread, I'll see if anyone's still watching.

Spoiler if you haven't seen through the 3/24 episode;
I had heard that the Whisperers were going to end up killing 2 prime characters in the comics and the speculation was would they kill off the same 2 on the show.   have to say I'm a bit surprised both by who wasn't killed and by a couple that were.  for the most part, no one of real consequence except 2.  Thrilled they killed off that brat Henry.  tickled pink about it.  hated his character.  The one I'm surprised they killed off was Enid.  I'm surprised and disappointed her character is gone.  looking forward to seeing how they deal with these people.  Growing to want Alpha dead almost as much as I wanted Negan dead.

« Reply #1153 on: August 12, 2019, 02:41:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
so... just kicking this around rather than starting a new topic on the same show but just heard on Talking Dead that Kirkman abruptly ended the comic with an apparent surprise ending.  Anyone read the comics and if so, what was their takeaway from it?

haven't looked up the ending yet.  debating if I should --> don't want to spoil how the show may end but since this show isn't tightly following the comics any more, not sure how much knowing the end of the comics would spoil the end of the show