Author Topic: First Round Game 3: Boston Celtics @ Atlanta Hawks, 4/26/08 (8:00pm, ESPN / CSN)  (Read 77769 times)

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
blamin doc jus like last year...lol....doc didnt make paul and kevin miss those layups.....doc didnt make sammy shoot those sorry 3's....it would be a perfect day when we can blame playas instead of the coach....our big 3 had mucho minutes on the floor....they could not produce....dont blame doc...refs are not to blame...we played pitiful ball....i guess thats what we get for talkin bout detroit....

I agree somewhat. Doc left Sam in the game shot after awful shot. Even the Cheryl Miller (Who I actually appreciate in the broadcast booth) was saying that Sam needed to be taken out. After the third pull up with no one under the boards, Doc should have taken Sam out. There was no excuse for that. Sam killed us in the fourth.

Hate to say it, (cuz I love the guy), but Ray put up as many, (if not more), horrendous shots in the fourth as Sam did. When this team wins, it's as a team ... when they lose, it's as a team, and you can't peg this one on any one single person ... refs and Doc included.
Ray struggled for most of the game. Outside of the second quarter how many points did he score? 0? 2? He either had 11 or all 13 in the second. He didn't bring a lot on the offensive end. Played solid D on Joe for the most part, had a few mental breakdowns though that led to open threes for Joe.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
At least the break between games will be faster now.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Tough loss. You guys can check out my game recap at this link.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Before and After picture.

Left side: before
Right side: after

"'Tis embarrassing, but, uh... my afraid my've been banished. My forgotten. The bosses would do terrible tings to me. Terrrrrible tings if me goen back dare."

(I like the one on the right!)

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Its 1 lost,not the series...and Sam is only doing what Doc.authorized him to from the beginning,be yourself Sam.So whatever you get from Sam,he has the go ahead to do,from the start.

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Before and After picture.

Left side: before
Right side: after

"'Tis embarrassing, but, uh... my afraid my've been banished. My forgotten. The bosses would do terrible tings to me. Terrrrrible tings if me goen back dare."

(I like the one on the right!)

tp, lol

Offline Rocco Graziosa

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
I've calmed down a lot since last night, which really angered me, and I'm little closer now to the "its only one game" mentality.  That said, game 4 is now a HUGE game with regards to what I think about this teams championships chances.  If they lay another egg, especially from an effort and cohesion standpoint, I'll be ready to rethink this teams ceiling.  If they lose?  Well, then its game on for the series and thoughts about anything championship related are out the window......at least for now.  A few other thoughts after some time to reflect.....

Why are the big three playing so few minutes?  They've been resting now for about six weeks......why did Pierce only play 36 minutes and Garnett and Allen 41?  I see no reason why in a game like that all three of them couldn't log 45.  Same goes for Rondo, especially when it was painfully obvious Cassell had absolutely nothing.  I would have played Eddie House as backup point guard in the playoffs rather than Cassell, but thats a topic for a different thread.

Its time to ratchet down the trash talking just a bit.  The bench, especially James Posey, spent the majority of the first quarter taunting the fans, then the whole lot of them were trash when they entered the game.  Same goes for Pierce and Garnett.  I know talking trash has been their M.O. all year, but there is a fine line between trash talking and focusing on something other than the task at hand.  When you get down in the playoffs its time to shut your mouth and get some stops.  That didn't happen last night.

The shot clock fiasco was an embarrassment of epic proportions for the NBA last night.  The guy in charge of counting down the clock was some PA clown that works for the Hawks.  He didn't have a clue.  The whole scene was something you would expect at your local Y, not a billion dollar corporation like the NBA.  And Violet Palmer shouldn't be anywhere near an NBA playoff game unless she purchases a ticket.

Rivers had panic in his eyes last night, and I for one was not happy about it.  It was one game for sure, but he didn't do his team any favors by his body language.  All season long he has acted like a rock on the sidelines, last night he losing his religion and waving his arms all over the place like a lunatic.  Calm down and coach your team like have all season.  Stuff like that matters.

The C's need to think about double teaming Al Horford in the post.  Right or wrong, Horford has a TON of confidence playing against the C's five.  When Perkins was guarding him he screamed "this guy can't guard me" like seven times.  Last night he was right.......an adjustment might be in order.

C's need to get back to their roots, their foundation in game four.......defend defend defend.  Nothing else really matters.  Paul Pierce playing the "I ain't got no hero complex" role was concerning, but it wouldn't have mattered if they defended like they did for 82 games in the regular season.  He Hawks stand no chance if the C's can sprint back on defense and force the Hawks into a half court game.  None.

Game four is going to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting.  Bring it.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Why are the big three playing so few minutes?  They've been resting now for about six weeks......why did Pierce only play 36 minutes and Garnett and Allen 41?  I see no reason why in a game like that all three of them couldn't log 45.
The Celtics are going to have to play around 20-25 playoff games to win a championship. You don't want them playing 45 minutes a night throughout, they'll be tired by the championship series. 36-40mpg is fine, especially for Atlanta. They don't need to play 45mpg to beat Atlanta, they can use this series to stay fresh.

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous