Author Topic: 76ers Injury Curse Strikes Again- Simmons Fractures Foot  (Read 10117 times)

Re: 76ers Injury Curse Strikes Again- Simmons Fractures Foot
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2016, 08:17:08 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
That's amazing.   Good news for the ol log jam, I guess.   

They still have 3 centers who can't play PF, so no.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2016, 08:36:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Simmons is having surgery, they expect him to miss about 3 months.  Given they weren't going to do much and have always been more conservative on injury returns, I wouldn't expect to see Simmons until January, though sometime in December is certainly possible.

They believe it was an acute injury i.e. landing on someone's foot rather than a stress fracture.  It was the 5th metatarsal bone that fractured.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2016, 08:44:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Simmons is having surgery, they expect him to miss about 3 months.  Given they weren't going to do much and have always been more conservative on injury returns, I wouldn't expect to see Simmons until January, though sometime in December is certainly possible.

They believe it was an acute injury i.e. landing on someone's foot rather than a stress fracture.  It was the 5th metatarsal bone that fractured.
THere isn't a lot of clarity right now.  Some are reporting Jones fracture which might mean the whole season: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/76ers-rookie-Ben-Simmons-could-miss-8-weeks-with-broken-foot.html

A league source believes the point forward has a Zone 2 fracture, or what is commonly called a Jones fracture of the bone.

However, Sixers president Bryan Colangelo and coach Brett Brown could not be reached to confirm the extent of the injury Friday night. The team released a statement that read in part: "Further medical evaluation and treatment options are being considered at this time and additional updates will be provided when appropriate."

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2016, 09:17:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Still some folks that think Embiid can play minutes at PF due to his ability to stretch the floor - so this opens up more minutes to experiment with that.

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2016, 10:54:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Still some folks that think Embiid can play minutes at PF due to his ability to stretch the floor walk at a brisk pace without fracturing his spine/feet - so this opens up more minutes to experiment with that.

FTFY :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2016, 06:53:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Bob Cooney from the Philadelphia News is on nbatv and said that a couple of his sources have said it's the worst of the possible injuries and its indeed a Jones fracture that will require surgery.

I had heard 3 months. Is this in line with that?

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Bob Cooney from the Philadelphia News is on nbatv and said that a couple of his sources have said it's the worst of the possible injuries and its indeed a Jones fracture that will require surgery.

No if it's a Jones, most say it means like 4-6 months, but in Philly's case it probably means the whole season.

It's really a shame, man.  I thought removing Hinkie was going to change their injury culture. 

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2016, 06:59:59 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

No if it's a Jones, most say it means like 4-6 months, but in Philly's case it probably means the whole season.

It's really a shame, man.  I thought removing Hinkie was going to change their injury culture.
I don't really believe in curses but this seems brutal