Author Topic: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10  (Read 47930 times)

Re: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10
« Reply #630 on: June 23, 2019, 11:25:00 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Basketball Rehab
@BasketballRehab
 League source confirms PF Al Horford  has verbally committed to signing with the LA Clippers on a 4 year max contract.

I don't know how credible this is but how can any FA have already committed to any team ? Am i missing something?

I suppose anybody can commit to anything, illegal or not.

No team is giving Horford a max contract though.  Rumors are that he’d get $25 to $28 million. A max is about $10 million more per year  than that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #631 on: June 23, 2019, 11:27:38 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Basketball Rehab
@BasketballRehab
 League source confirms PF Al Horford  has verbally committed to signing with the LA Clippers on a 4 year max contract.

I don't know how credible this is but how can any FA have already committed to any team ? Am i missing something?

No team is giving Horford a max contract though.  Rumors are that he’d get $25 to $28 million. A max is about $10 million more per year  than that.

Is basketball rehab a reliable source? Lol

« Reply #632 on: June 23, 2019, 12:20:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Basketball Rehab
@BasketballRehab

Is basketball rehab a reliable source? Lol

Not at all.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #633 on: June 23, 2019, 12:25:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
As much as it would suck to lose Horford, if he joined the Clippers and then Kawhi/KD followed him there (KD starting in 2020-2021 and beyond obviously due to injury), and then they beat up on their crosstown rivals the Lakers for the following years to come, I'd be all for it!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #634 on: June 24, 2019, 08:49:33 PM »

Offline Time_Lord17

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
 Horford doesn’t deserve the max contract. He’s older and isn’t a max player anymore. Great leader but not worth the commitment

« Reply #635 on: June 24, 2019, 09:00:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
As much as it would suck to lose Horford, if he joined the Clippers and then Kawhi/KD followed him there (KD starting in 2020-2021 and beyond obviously due to injury), and then they beat up on their crosstown rivals the Lakers for the following years to come, I'd be all for it!  8)

I would love that, but am not sure Horford at near max dollars is going to do it for anybody. It worked quite well for us because we were able to go far above the cap. The Clippers would be quite good if they added Kawhi and Horford, but I am afraid Lebron/AD is going to be too much for them. LAC's rotation players should be able to outplay LAL's, but LAL is definitely not done.

I don't care what happens next year, I just don't want to see LAL win the championship.

« Reply #636 on: June 24, 2019, 09:05:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Welp, hopefully Horford gets the money and destroys the Lakers 4 times a year under Doc.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #637 on: June 30, 2019, 11:05:05 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Well this is now officially a done deal. Thanks for the memories Al but I hope you don't create new ones against us this season  :P
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D