Author Topic: Does CSN shows all celtics regular season games?  (Read 3536 times)

Does CSN shows all celtics regular season games?
« on: October 13, 2009, 11:59:55 PM »

Offline dBigtick3t

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
HI to everyone! first time poster long time reader. Im from N california, and a huge fan of KG for long time now. Love to watch every celtics game. been getting NBA league pass before. just wondering if CSN shows all the celtics game and just skip the league pass and get CSN instead. I have DTV. anyone from n cal who's thinking the same way? thanks in advance.

Re: Does CSN shows all celtics regular season games?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:13:38 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
You will have to get league pass. They will just black out the games on CSN.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 12:18:17 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
IIRC CSNE broadcasts all games but those shown on TNT.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 12:25:31 AM »

Offline dBigtick3t

• Jaden Springer
IIRC CSNE broadcasts all games but those shown on TNT.
tnx for reply. where do u live?

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:27:12 AM »

Offline dBigtick3t

• Jaden Springer
You will have to get league pass. They will just black out the games on CSN.
if thats the only way then I will have to get it again.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:52:44 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Why would they black out CSN if he has it?

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 01:19:36 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

He's out of market. Unless he is getting CSN pure northeastern feed, the games he gets will be local CSN games.

If it's the same feed we get here, they shouldn't black it out. I would confirm which one you are getting with your cable provider.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 02:57:22 AM »

Offline dBigtick3t

• Jaden Springer

He's out of market. Unless he is getting CSN pure northeastern feed, the games he gets will be local CSN games.

If it's the same feed we get here, they shouldn't black it out. I would confirm which one you are getting with your cable provider.
i was thinking of getting the sports pack that includes the CSNE. just dont know for sure if there is gonna be a black out. any one from N. Cal who tried this before can confirm this.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 07:44:46 AM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6

i was thinking of getting the sports pack that includes the CSNE. just dont know for sure if there is gonna be a black out. any one from N. Cal who tried this before can confirm this.

I live in Vegas so I'm thinking Directv will be the same in N.Cal. I have the sports pack and last year all the games on CSN were blacked out. The first 3 preseason games this year also blacked out. Last night the Nets game came on three channels - CSN ch.630, LP ch.751(Home feed) & ch.752(Away Feed) so I'm not sure how it's going to be this year. To be on the safe side I would say just get the LP.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 08:20:11 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Here in Boston CSN gets all the games that aren't nationally televised. Not sure about anywhere else. Either way call your service provider before making a decision. You can use leverage of wanting something another company does better to get a new deal (if you mention you are thinking of switching); or you can use any deal they give you when negotiating with a new provider.

Your best bet is to make some phone calls and get the answer from people who will actually work to get you that service. Other people seem to have given you some good places to call. Good luck.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 10:22:38 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11849
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I have DTV sports pack.  I also get League Pass.  All of the games were blacked out on CSN last season, but I still like the sports pack to get Sports Tonight, pre and post game shows and specials on the Celtics. But they do black out the games on CSN so you also need League Pass to see the games even if you have the sports pack. 

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I have DTV sports pack.  I also get League Pass.  All of the games were blacked out on CSN last season, but I still like the sports pack to get Sports Tonight, pre and post game shows and specials on the Celtics. But they do black out the games on CSN so you also need League Pass to see the games even if you have the sports pack. 

Ditto for me in Michigan.  I want to thank all of those that complained to DTV about the pre-season blackouts in the 1st 3 games.  They finally got it right and it came on last night.  But, wouldn't you know it.  The Big 3 sat out.  Looking forward to tonight's game!

I think last night was the first time I remember getting both the away and home feeds.  That is really nice.  I notice tonight is only one feed.  For the last few years I have only gotten to listen to Tommmy on home games (when he was even travelling) because the League Pass only gave us the home feed.  Now that Tommy mostly only does home games I guess it doesn't matter much because Donny Marshall is sickening.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 11:03:42 PM »

Offline dBigtick3t

• Jaden Springer
thank you guys for all the responses. ill try to make a call to dtv and comcast and see what they know. but i think im leaning towards getting nba lp at the moment.

about tonights game. its nice to see them play again. even do its just a pre season game. nice win.

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 11:41:37 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1773
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
thank you guys for all the responses. ill try to make a call to dtv and comcast and see what they know. but i think im leaning towards getting nba lp at the moment.

about tonights game. its nice to see them play again. even do its just a pre season game. nice win.

This is somewhat related to the 'dishnetwork' thread, but I would have to agree that it looks like they are all blacked out. It is great, though- if you talk to a rep, they will tell you that you will get most of the games. They really have no clue. It kinda sucks that they black out those games, when you are already watching the channel.