Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 960294 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3255 on: December 25, 2021, 09:28:59 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1810
Watched Don't Look Up on Netflix last night.  A black comedy, Doctor Strangelove wannabe for a new generation, has some big name players inlcuding Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Jonah Hill, Cate Blanchett, and Rob Morgan.  Interesting how the director handles the response to the news that a comet the size of Mount Everest is on course to hit earth.  Some funny and thought-provoking scenes made it worth while for me to watch.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #3256 on: December 25, 2021, 02:24:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Watched Don't Look Up on Netflix last night.  A black comedy, Doctor Strangelove wannabe for a new generation, has some big name players inlcuding Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Jonah Hill, Cate Blanchett, and Rob Morgan.  Interesting how the director handles the response to the news that a comet the size of Mount Everest is on course to hit earth.  Some funny and thought-provoking scenes made it worth while for me to watch.

I started watching last night, then figured I should save it to watch with my wife!  Very promising.  Leonardo played his part well.
Yup

« Reply #3257 on: December 25, 2021, 02:26:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The Ref.

It's a Xmas tradition at our Xmas Eve gathering of the family. My family can be as messed up as the family in The Ref. So though the movie is really dark comedy based at Xmas time, a lot of families can see parts of themselves in the messed up family in the movie.

A very underrated classic.  Some amazing comedic character acting and a very endearing plot.  Love that movie.
Yup

« Reply #3258 on: December 25, 2021, 04:25:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Cousin Eddie Christmas Vacation. ;D

« Reply #3259 on: December 25, 2021, 05:08:02 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Matrix 4. Terrible writing, story, cinematography, action scenes, and editing. They blew it bad.

« Reply #3260 on: December 25, 2021, 06:05:50 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
The Hand of God. Fantastic movie. Great drama and comedy, and a realistic autobiographical story of the director's journey growing up in Naples.

« Reply #3261 on: December 25, 2021, 07:50:02 PM »

Kiorrik

Not a movie;

... but if you liked Spider-verse, I do recommend watching Arcane on Netlfix.

It's absolutely gorgeous, insane soundtrack, wild characters, etc.

Really loved it.

« Reply #3262 on: December 25, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
The King of Staten Island.

Little slow in the beginning, but it picks up. Movie is dark, but has humor and a powerful ending. Probably wouldn’t watch it again, but it’s definitely worth seeing once.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 10:29:37 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3263 on: January 05, 2022, 07:31:22 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

Some of the comedy I found to be so stark, went past me. A decent movie though
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #3264 on: January 05, 2022, 07:39:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Power Of The Dog.  Beautifully shot and acted, but it moved too slow for me.  The subject matter itself didn’t bother me, but the story arc itself didn’t do it for me.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3265 on: January 05, 2022, 07:42:33 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
Not a movie;

... but if you liked Spider-verse, I do recommend watching Arcane on Netlfix.

It's absolutely gorgeous, insane soundtrack, wild characters, etc.

Really loved it.

I describe it as watching an animated painting. I have no background knowledge of the source material, but I thought the overall product was nothing short of a masterpiece.
#JKJB

« Reply #3266 on: January 05, 2022, 08:05:16 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1810
Watched the 2016 Manchester by the Sea last week.  I saw the movie when it was first released and thought it was terrific.  It was even more enjoyable the second time around.  The movie received six nominations at the Academy Awards that year with Ben Affleck winning Best Actor.  Some of you may have visited this scenic town in Essex County, Mass.  I highly recommend the movie.

edit:  Oops! Casey Affleck is the star not his brother Ben.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 08:22:25 AM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #3267 on: January 05, 2022, 08:15:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Watched the 2016 Manchester by the Sea last week.  I saw the movie when it was first released and thought it was terrific.  It was even more enjoyable the second time around.  The movie received six nominations at the Academy Awards that year with Ben Affleck winning Best Actor.  Some of you may have visited this scenic town in Essex County, Mass.  I highly recommend the movie.

Another movie that was very well done, but which I didn’t enjoy.  The subject matter is quite heavy.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3268 on: January 05, 2022, 09:27:46 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

edit:  Oops! Casey Affleck is the star not his brother Ben.

Movie was extremely well done, but it is really depressing. I’d like to watch it again at some point. I worked in the north shore briefly and would drive down to Manchester by the sea and have lunch at Masconomo Park. It’s a beautiful area. Essex and Prides Crossing/Beverly Farms is gorgeous as well.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3269 on: January 05, 2022, 11:01:05 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Saw Disney's Encanto not long ago. Nice family movie. The music and visuals are pretty well done and I have always been impressed with the animation of these movies. I would recommend it as a family night movie. Subtitles may be needed for the songs though.
Baby Jesus!