Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 959750 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3105 on: March 22, 2020, 12:19:02 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
Binge watching Kingdom on Netflix.

Good mini series that just started its season 2..

Each season only 6 episodes so pretty easy to catch up.

Walking dead but better imo.

My wife and I binge watched this as well.  We thought it was really good.  Can’t wait for season 3!

« Reply #3106 on: March 22, 2020, 01:06:14 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Just watched Toy Story 4 for the second time, with my family. I really like it, even though the first three are definitely superior.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #3107 on: March 22, 2020, 01:22:34 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
just finished Spiderman: Far From Home.   on the whole, an ok movie.  as a Spiderman fan and fan of Marvel movies in general, I was disappointed.  I really don't like the direction they've taken this character.  He's not Iron Man nor should he be remade to take his place.
I agree, feels like I'm watching a different character than spiderman. I call it the Iron Spider movies.

« Reply #3108 on: March 22, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
We’ve been doing movie nights with my 8 and 5 year old boys pretty much every night.  Focusing on the 80s and 90s “classics” - some of which probably are a little old for them but given what’s going on in the world we are relaxing our censoring a bit.   So far Back to the Future, Happy Gilmore, Batteries not included and Princess Bride have all been HUGE hits.  A lot of “I am Inigo Montoya” statements today.  We’re going to get to all the true classics but if any has a recommendation that’s a little less obvious please send it my way - always looking for new ideas.

« Reply #3109 on: March 22, 2020, 11:59:05 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Just finished The Green Book.  very good movie.

« Reply #3110 on: March 22, 2020, 12:03:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
As crazy as it sounds, while I've watched most of the Marvel movies, I haven't watched the Thor ones. Every time I've tried to, something comes up, or I fall asleep before I can start watching on my phone at night (lol). Might watch the first one tonight though. There's certainly time for it now.

Recently watched Monsters University & Despicable Me 2 with my little sister + a toddler we were babysitting briefly
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3111 on: March 22, 2020, 04:36:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
not a movie but watching a special about the '86 Celtics.  nothing as special as watching that team and seeing how inferior the current NBA product is.

« Reply #3112 on: March 22, 2020, 05:05:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
not a movie but watching a special about the '86 Celtics.  nothing as special as watching that team and seeing how inferior the current NBA product is.

I know I’m wildly biased, but if I was starting a team from scratch, I’d take Larry or Magic over Jordan or Lebron.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3113 on: March 22, 2020, 06:17:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I know I’m wildly biased, but if I was starting a team from scratch, I’d take Larry or Magic over Jordan or Lebron.
don't need to be biased to make a smart decision Roy.   I have Larry and Magic in my top all-time 5 with Jordan.  Bron doesn't make that cut

« Reply #3114 on: March 22, 2020, 06:18:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
saw I Feel Pretty with Amy Schumer.  not bad.  has its moments.  not as good as Trainwreck but better than that movie she did with Goldie Hawn

« Reply #3115 on: March 22, 2020, 06:48:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Just watched "Bullit" again for the umteenth time and it's still great!

« Reply #3116 on: March 23, 2020, 10:47:46 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Green Book. (As others have suggested.)

It's supposedly based on a true story, very colorful, entertaining and though-provoking. 

« Reply #3117 on: March 23, 2020, 10:53:53 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Green Book. (As others have suggested.)

It's supposedly based on a true story, very colorful, entertaining and though-provoking.

We watched that twice this week.  Excellent.  Both Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali are both brilliant as the two leads.  And yes, it is very thought-provoking.  Farrely (director of the film) is adept at bringing different points of view out.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 03:54:41 PM by mmmmm »
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #3118 on: March 23, 2020, 08:38:23 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Been watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Very entertaining.

It's one of those "inspired by actual events" type of tales about a fictional character Uhtred, who helped the very non-fictional character, King Alfred the Great of Wessex, overcome the invading Danish Vikings.

No great acting. But the story is compelling and there are lots of good action/fight/battle scenes. And Uhtred is a very likable character. So overall, good stuff.

This is an awesome series. I read Bernard Cornwell’s books years ago and was pleased to find out there was a series. Glad it was renewed for a 4th season. Destiny is all!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3119 on: March 23, 2020, 08:46:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
As crazy as it sounds, while I've watched most of the Marvel movies, I haven't watched the Thor ones. Every time I've tried to, something comes up, or I fall asleep before I can start watching on my phone at night (lol). Might watch the first one tonight though. There's certainly time for it now.

Recently watched Monsters University & Despicable Me 2 with my little sister + a toddler we were babysitting briefly

Watched Thor (2011) last night. I liked it, though I felt like the middle of the plot felt really rushed. Like everything just happened so fast without much "plot development" in the middle. But still a great movie.

Going to watch Thor: The Dark World tonight

The one advantage of working from home is that you can sleep in a little haha
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller