Author Topic: Bulls shopping Parker  (Read 1881 times)

Bulls shopping Parker
« on: December 14, 2018, 03:32:10 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Chicago Bulls are talking to several teams about trading Jabari Parker
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Bulls shopping Parker
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Boy did that end badly so fast.

Wonder why they even signed him for so much?

The kid has all the talent in the world.....questionable drive?

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 03:37:34 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
ha good luck. I'm sure teams will be lining up to take this stiff and his 20 mil/year contract

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 03:39:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
yea he be hard to trade with that contract
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 03:41:21 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Looks like they're trying to sell a low pick for 20 mil. They're probably looking to find a team near the salary floor and throw in a low pick(s) to get rid of him. Anyone know the salary floor off the top of their head or can find it?

Can't see any other team interested in taking on 20 mil AND give up assets. I also can't see the Bulls giving away much to get rid of him since he expires next year and their team completely sucks. Has to be a floor situation?

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 03:49:05 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Maybe to Miami for cap relief?

Nobody talks much about it, but Miami has a massive payroll this year and the next.

Or to Portland for Turner + asset.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 03:52:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Too bad. I thought Chicago would be home for him.  His injuries really set him back. Still think he can be a productive NBA player, with time given to really recover from his knee surgery.  He sure seems to score pretty easily against us!

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 03:55:44 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Looks like they're trying to sell a low pick for 20 mil. They're probably looking to find a team near the salary floor and throw in a low pick(s) to get rid of him. Anyone know the salary floor off the top of their head or can find it?

Can't see any other team interested in taking on 20 mil AND give up assets. I also can't see the Bulls giving away much to get rid of him since he expires next year and their team completely sucks. Has to be a floor situation?

I was thinking it was going to be the other way, with the Bulls using Parker's salary to take on a longer contract and get drafts picks.

Since Parker has team option next year, he's basically an expiring contract.

This is a chance for teams to dump guys like Batum, Tristan Thompson, Evan Turner, Chandler Parsons, etc.

If your the Bulls, why trade a pick to get rid of an expiring?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Very unsurprising, seems like he's at the heart of a lot of the toxic stuff in the locker room there, and definitely dead-center in their on-court struggles.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 03:57:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Nobody talks much about it, but Miami has a massive payroll this year and the next.

I've mentioned it a bunch. Miami has a collection of overpaid role players and some of the contracts are just flat out stupid: James Johnson 14.6 million, Tyler Johnson 19.2 million, Kelly 12.5 million, Josh Richardson 9.3 million, Dion Waiters 11.5 million, Whiteside 25.4 million, Dragic is making 18 million and be the only one on this list to be worth his contract. That's a ton of money for role players. Maybe you end up with one of these type of contracts on your team but Miami is full of these crappy contracts. Pat Riley is old.

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 04:04:07 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

I was thinking it was going to be the other way, with the Bulls using Parker's salary to take on a longer contract and get drafts picks.

This is a chance for teams to dump guys like Batum, Tristan Thompson, Evan Turner, Chandler Parsons, etc.

Ah, yeah you're probably right.

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 04:10:33 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Exactly.  Next season is a 20M team option without any guaranteed money apparently.  No team is going to pickup that option. 

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 04:11:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Very unsurprising, seems like he's at the heart of a lot of the toxic stuff in the locker room there, and definitely dead-center in their on-court struggles.

Parker was very disgruntled in the playoffs against us last year. He needs to get his head on straight. He's like Michael Beasley in that he has a ton of talent but he needs to work and play some defense if he's going to be more than a bench scorer....

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 04:59:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Parker was very disgruntled in the playoffs against us last year. He needs to get his head on straight. He's like Michael Beasley in that he has a ton of talent but he needs to work and play some defense if he's going to be more than a bench scorer....

One of my very favorite moments of the playoffs was in maybe Game 2 when the Bucks put Parker in and we just went at him every single time down until they pulled him, while my friends and I yelled "expose him!".  Ran him off the court in like 2 minutes of gametime. Then he was pouty when they were reluctant to play him later.  Beautiful stuff.

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 06:46:21 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

I've mentioned it a bunch. Miami has a collection of overpaid role players and some of the contracts are just flat out stupid: James Johnson 14.6 million, Tyler Johnson 19.2 million, Kelly 12.5 million, Josh Richardson 9.3 million, Dion Waiters 11.5 million, Whiteside 25.4 million, Dragic is making 18 million and be the only one on this list to be worth his contract. That's a ton of money for role players. Maybe you end up with one of these type of contracts on your team but Miami is full of these crappy contracts. Pat Riley is old.
Olynyk is well worth his contract and Richardson is a significant positive asset on his.  Dragic has been injured and is in no way worth his contract anyway.  The rest of Waiters, Whiteside, J.J., T.J. are on terrible contracts.

Miami would love to dump Whiteside on Chicago if they would take him.  Adebayo and Olynyk have been really good together and they clearly are trying to find someone to take Whiteside to open up minutes.