Author Topic: What are TommyPoints for?  (Read 10556 times)

What are TommyPoints for?
« on: November 06, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
What can be done with them?  Or are they only a symbolic gesture/thing?
signed....a newbie ???

Re: What are TommyPoints for?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
It's a hustle play that Tommy Heinsohn deems a tommy point.  It's going that extra mile to win a ballgame.

There is also a player that gets chosen and receives the tommy award.  It's a player that usually did something sometimes overlooked to win a game.  It's not always the obvious guy.  Sometimes is but sometimes isn't.

It's usually the guy who played the hardest that game and cared, risked the most trying to get a win.  It's not just hustle. It's going above and beyond.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:23:53 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 01:10:22 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
What Walker834 said.

But pertaining to this forum Tommy Points are in some way equivalent to a like on Facebook.  They are given by other posters or mods, who find a post noteworthy (because it might be funny, insightful etc.)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 01:23:43 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
What Walker834 said.

But pertaining to this forum Tommy Points are in some way equivalent to a like on Facebook.  They are given by other posters or mods, who find a post noteworthy (because it might be funny, insightful etc.)

The only thing I personally would love to have on this forums is a ticker for TPs for a comment. Sometimes I feel like a good post can receiv a TP, but most people can't tell that the post got a TP because it's user specific. Or, maybe TPs for the best of posts, but also a like button for posts/comments that you agree with.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 01:45:44 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Speaking of Tommy whatever happened to his twitter? I just searched it and @csntommy is hacked and a bunch of weird stuff and there is another fake one as well.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 01:48:33 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
They're there to take too seriously.  I'm pretty sure if your post to TP ratio falls below 3% your account gets deleted

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 02:35:24 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
It's a hustle play that Tommy Heinsohn deems a tommy point.  It's going that extra mile to win a ballgame.

There is also a player that gets chosen and receives the tommy award.  It's a player that usually did something sometimes overlooked to win a game.  It's not always the obvious guy.  Sometimes is but sometimes isn't.

It's usually the guy who played the hardest that game and cared, risked the most trying to get a win.  It's not just hustle. It's going above and beyond.
I meant for the forum

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
They're there to take too seriously.  I'm pretty sure if your post to TP ratio falls below 3% your account gets deleted
Ok, phew, I'm at 8% right now, so I think I'm safe!

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 02:40:52 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
You can redeem them at Tommy Hilfilger outlets for discounts on team apparel.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 02:42:25 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I meant for the forum

I know my bad.  My response I think was still pretty good and funny.  I also think this forums tommy point system is out of whack.  how people communicate over the internet is out of whack in general.

tommy is great.  he also gives tommy points to players that this forum would most likely be whining about at the time.

He's a celtic through and through.  I'm not sure this forum even understands what funny or insightful really is. It's a lot of talk and big words about not much. Some of it is interesting.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 02:49:09 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 02:50:39 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
just found this thread because of this one.  I found this thread interesting.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=17140.0

The first tommy point was rewarded to vitaly potopenko. Not surprising because Tommy loved him.

Tommy was also Red's whipping boy.  This board loves to trash james young which makes sense in ways but Tommy does not do that. He roots for him. He also trashes people who turn against certain players.  He can't stand mike felger.

I think Tommy is smarter than a lot of people give him credit for.  He's not a homer either.  He had Rondo and Sully's backs when they were being trashed around the internet.  He will criticize them when it's right to do so though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:05:33 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 03:10:46 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White

I meant for the forum

I know my bad.  My response I think was still pretty good and funny.  I also think this forums tommy point system is out of whack.  how people communicate over the internet is out of whack in general.

tommy is great.  he also gives tommy points to players that this forum would most likely be whining about at the time.

He's a celtic through and through.  I'm not sure this forum even understands what funny or insightful really is. It's a lot of talk and big words about not much. Some of it is interesting.
If I give a TP will it deduct from my count?

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 03:15:38 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I meant for the forum

If I give a TP will it deduct from my count?

Nope.  You just give them.  You lose nothing.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:22:10 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 03:20:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
just found this thread because of this one.  I found this thread interesting.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=17140.0

The first tommy point was rewarded to vitaly potopenko. Not surprising because Tommy loved him.

Tommy was also Red's whipping boy.  This board loves to trash james young which makes sense in ways but Tommy does not do that. He roots for him. He also trashes people who turn against certain players.  He can't stand mike felger.

I think Tommy is smarter than a lot of people give him credit for.  He's not a homer either.  He had Rondo and Sully's backs when they were being trashed around the internet.  He will criticize them when it's right to do so though.

I love Tommy too but......

He's not a homer ???

Dude.

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 03:21:56 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Some of us gambled all of our Tommy Points away.
The only color that matters is GREEN