24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 147390 times)

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #945 on: May 25, 2019, 12:10:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
With this much hate from Celtics fans towards Kyrie, i don 't think he will re-sign with Celtics.

Hate from who?

Posters on Celtics Blog?

Please....if Kyrie leaves, he's going to realize how good he had it here

He was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted.

He attempted 62 shots in games 2 thru 4 vs the Bucks.

Think he'll get that many FGA somewhere else?

If he stays, I'll be glad to have him

If he wants to go to LA with Lebron, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out

« Reply #946 on: May 25, 2019, 12:14:10 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
With this much hate from Celtics fans to Kyrie, i don 't think he will re-sign with Celtics.
I think the feeling fans get with him is he's got no loyalty and is out only for himself - which you can say about a lot of the current generation who want to 'team up' with their pals.  Symptomatic of where the NBA is at right now because the players have more power than in other sports.

I honestly could care less whether he stays or goes. If he does leave Boston I hope he's miserable.  If he re-signs I want him to be all in trying the help the team succeed.

Nice player to watch. Seems like a real a-- as a person. I understand that if he leaves its very likely the team won't be able to contend for a title.  It is what it is. 

I buy tickets.  I'll still buy them if the team competes and I enjoy watching them.  One more season like this one and I'm probably done spending money on them.

Not necessarily and I wish people would shake this narrative. Since when is it Kyrie or bust? Everyone is replaceable. I'm sure Ainge has many different options in place to reload the team for next season so we can be even more competitive (as I don't consider getting bounced in the 2nd round in 5 games as very competitive.)

Not like this past season set such a high bar.

« Reply #947 on: May 25, 2019, 12:30:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
With this much hate from Celtics fans to Kyrie, i don 't think he will re-sign with Celtics.
I think the feeling fans get with him is he's got no loyalty and is out only for himself - which you can say about a lot of the current generation who want to 'team up' with their pals.  Symptomatic of where the NBA is at right now because the players have more power than in other sports.

I honestly could care less whether he stays or goes. If he does leave Boston I hope he's miserable.  If he re-signs I want him to be all in trying the help the team succeed.

Nice player to watch. Seems like a real a-- as a person.  I understand that if he leaves its very likely the team won't be able to contend for a title.  It is what it is. 

I buy tickets.  I'll still buy them if the team competes and I enjoy watching them.  One more season like this one and I'm probably done spending money on them.

If I remember correctly  - so was Larry. Michael and Kobe were known as pricks at times, too.....

Even KG made Big Baby cry...

Not saying that Kyrie IS as good as those greats but he was our best player this season AND will be our best player going forward - unless we bring in KD or AD...

We seemingly - in this day and age - WANT our players to be lovable, likable, quotable....kissing babies...saying the right things.

It isn't like that anymore and probably was NEVER like that, at least back in the day.

Blame unscrupulous reporters, biased analysts, hot take artists, whatever.

I'll GLADLY take Little Mountain back - even with all his quirkiness.

« Reply #948 on: May 25, 2019, 01:43:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lakers fans are a ton more impatient from what i ve seen ,  Kyrie better win them a chip or they ll run him out of town too.

« Reply #949 on: May 25, 2019, 02:03:10 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
With this much hate from Celtics fans towards Kyrie, i don 't think he will re-sign with Celtics.

Hate from who?

Posters on Celtics Blog?

Please....if Kyrie leaves, he's going to realize how good he had it here

He was basically allowed to do whatever he wanted.

He attempted 62 shots in games 2 thru 4 vs the Bucks.

Think he'll get that many FGA somewhere else?

If he stays, I'll be glad to have him

If he wants to go to LA with Lebron, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out

According to other Celtics fans, he has hindered the development of Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #950 on: May 25, 2019, 02:06:39 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Myself..great if he stays, oh well if he goes..we still be a very good team with or without him..Celtic basketball will still go on without him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It would not surprise me if Kyrie was doing this just to troll Celtics fans and see his name in the media.

I don't think it's to troll Cs fans - although many of us deserve it for how he is being treated right now - but I could definitely see him doing it to troll the media.

Yeah, that is a better thought. There have been times in the past when I felt Kyrie was trolling people (like the world is flat nonsense) -- trolling the media, not Celtics fans. I definitely felt like he was screwing with somebody.

That feels right. Media - not C's fans.

Doesn't he live in LA in the offseason and has for awhile now? I don't think he's trolling, but everyone is just hypersensitive and desperate to read into every little thing he does right now.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It would not surprise me if Kyrie was doing this just to troll Celtics fans and see his name in the media.

I don't think it's to troll Cs fans - although many of us deserve it for how he is being treated right now - but I could definitely see him doing it to troll the media.

Yeah, that is a better thought. There have been times in the past when I felt Kyrie was trolling people (like the world is flat nonsense) -- trolling the media, not Celtics fans. I definitely felt like he was screwing with somebody.

That feels right. Media - not C's fans.

He had dinner with a former coworker and probably friend. Not everything needs to be for the benefit of an outside audience.

Besides if you're really trolling the media you have your agent tip off a local reporter or "leak" some pics on social media.

« Reply #953 on: May 25, 2019, 08:32:03 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Nice player to watch. Seems like a real a-- as a person.  I understand that if he leaves its very likely the team won't be able to contend for a title.  It is what it is. 

If I remember correctly  - so was Larry. Michael and Kobe were known as pricks at times, too.....

Not saying that Kyrie IS as good as those greats but he was our best player this season AND will be our best player going forward - unless we bring in KD or AD...

We seemingly - in this day and age - WANT our players to be lovable, likable, quotable....kissing babies...saying the right things.

It isn't like that anymore and probably was NEVER like that, at least back in the day.

Prick and diva is not the same thing.  You just compared Kyrie to several players with the exact opposite personality of Irving.  Give me a team full of pricks.  I would prefer to avoid needy divas if given the choice.

« Reply #954 on: May 25, 2019, 08:59:18 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

Prick and diva is not the same thing.  You just compared Kyrie to several players with the exact opposite personality of Irving.  Give me a team full of pricks.  I would prefer to avoid needy divas if given the choice.

Exactly. Pricks are someone you like to go war with. Even with a bad personality, they play with pride and tenacity. Divas are guys who wanted everything on a silver platter.

You can be a diva and a prick at the same time, but I'd take buttholes who will fight through pain than crybabies who proclaims they are leaders then drop the team under the bus when adversity comes.

« Reply #955 on: May 25, 2019, 09:57:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Has there been a more polarizing player ever to play for the Celtics than Kyrie Irving? Guy just loves drama.

« Reply #956 on: May 25, 2019, 11:01:15 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Has there been a more polarizing player ever to play for the Celtics than Kyrie Irving? Guy just loves drama.

I can think of a few recent ones:
1. Rajon Rondo
2. Isaiah Thomas

Maybe we fans are just polarized as a people and we find joy in dumping on our lead players
- LilRip

« Reply #957 on: May 25, 2019, 11:02:28 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Isaiah Thomas

Maybe we fans are just polarized as a people and we find joy in dumping on our lead players

Give me Rondo back!!!

« Reply #958 on: May 25, 2019, 11:11:32 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Isaiah Thomas

Give me Rondo back!!!

Wait for the “he can’t shoot” and “he holds on to the ball too long” crowd lol :P
- LilRip

« Reply #959 on: May 25, 2019, 11:59:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
there was consensus on Rondo and IT. Those two were not polarizing. There was consensus that Rondo was a headcase, and that IT was an awesome Celtic.