24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 147291 times)

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Please God, let it happen.

lol

If that happens

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart = F@@#$ my life

Not a trade. Just let Kyrie walk.

You're willing to lose $20m worth of value for nothing just because of how he played in the playoffs?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
LeBron should like it all he wants because that photoshopped picture is the closest thing he'll ever see to Kyrie being on the Lakers.

I can't wait until we trade for AD and re-sign Kyrie so that all these "Kyrie & LeBron want to reunite in LA" rumors from the media talking heads can finally be put to rest.

he should be looking into reversing father time or retirng like most his friends.

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Please God, let it happen.

lol

If that happens

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart = F@@#$ my life

Not a trade. Just let Kyrie walk.

You're willing to lose $20m worth of value for nothing just because of how he played in the playoffs?

Yes, he is. Read his previous posts - he does not desire to re-sign a perennial all-star in his prime in Kyrie. He would rather have nothing.

It would not surprise me if Kyrie was doing this just to troll Celtics fans and see his name in the media.

I don't think it's to troll Cs fans - although many of us deserve it for how he is being treated right now - but I could definitely see him doing it to troll the media.

Re: Lebron recruiting kyrie? Lebron seen at LA nightclub with kyrie
« Reply #933 on: May 25, 2019, 09:02:33 AM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Big deal. Since when is it unusual to see an NBA player in LA in the off-season?

This is a Klutch Sports advertising story.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
It would not surprise me if Kyrie was doing this just to troll Celtics fans and see his name in the media.

I don't think it's to troll Cs fans - although many of us deserve it for how he is being treated right now - but I could definitely see him doing it to troll the media.

Yeah, that is a better thought. There have been times in the past when I felt Kyrie was trolling people (like the world is flat nonsense) -- trolling the media, not Celtics fans. I definitely felt like he was screwing with somebody.

That feels right. Media - not C's fans.

Re: Kyrie spotted at LA shoe store, gets "Come to LA" chants
« Reply #935 on: May 25, 2019, 09:53:51 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
oh boy this will end well with the usual suspects.  ::) ;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
https://nypost.com/2019/05/24/lebron-james-steps-up-kyrie-irving-recruitment-in-bold-instagram-move/
James liked an Instagram post Friday afternoon displaying Irving in a Lakers jersey, adding fuel to the fire that ESPN’s Brian Windhorst started Thursday.

“I think Kyrie is considering the Lakers,” Windhorst told Stephen A. Smith. “… I know he’s in touch with LeBron and LeBron’s gonna make a run to recruit him.”

Lebron is so desperate. Also Commissioner silver is a spineless tool for not enforcing rules.
On Wednesday Jackie Mac on windhorst’s podcast that there was no way Irving went to LA. I believe windhorst agreed. Maybe don’t share this here?

Incredible amount of fake news on the internet these days. Fake pics, fake videos, fake stories.
Maybe Russian trolls are now having fun with American sports.

Re: Kyrie spotted at LA shoe store, gets "Come to LA" chants
« Reply #937 on: May 25, 2019, 11:01:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Whats with the contruction worker "wear"?

Puhahaha
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:09:04 AM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #938 on: May 25, 2019, 11:02:39 AM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
"People within LeBron James‘ inner circle expressed concern that the dysfunction within the Lakers organization could ruin the team’s summer even before Magic Johnson‘s public criticism of GM Rob Pelinka and the front office structure, Sam Amick of The Athletic reports. The challenge of convincing at least one top free agent to join James was already seen as daunting around the league, and recent developments have make that uphill climb far worse, Amick adds."

Looks like Kyrie might be his best option

« Reply #939 on: May 25, 2019, 11:13:30 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
"People within LeBron James‘ inner circle expressed concern that the dysfunction within the Lakers organization could ruin the team’s summer even before Magic Johnson‘s public criticism of GM Rob Pelinka and the front office structure, Sam Amick of The Athletic reports. The challenge of convincing at least one top free agent to join James was already seen as daunting around the league, and recent developments have make that uphill climb far worse, Amick adds."

Looks like Kyrie might be his best option

I don't think it will be Kyrie.  I can see Butler going there, or DMC, or both.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #940 on: May 25, 2019, 11:14:00 AM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
With this much hate from Celtics fans towards Kyrie, i don 't think he will re-sign with Celtics.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:34:17 AM by soulman »

« Reply #941 on: May 25, 2019, 11:36:05 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
With this much hate from Celtics fans to Kyrie, i don 't think he will re-sign with Celtics.
I think the feeling fans get with him is he's got no loyalty and is out only for himself - which you can say about a lot of the current generation who want to 'team up' with their pals.  Symptomatic of where the NBA is at right now because the players have more power than in other sports.

I honestly could care less whether he stays or goes. If he does leave Boston I hope he's miserable.  If he re-signs I want him to be all in trying the help the team succeed.

Nice player to watch. Seems like a real a-- as a person.  I understand that if he leaves its very likely the team won't be able to contend for a title.  It is what it is. 

I buy tickets.  I'll still buy them if the team competes and I enjoy watching them.  One more season like this one and I'm probably done spending money on them.

« Reply #942 on: May 25, 2019, 11:39:12 AM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
With this much hate from Celtics fans towards Kyrie, i don 't think he will re-sign with Celtics.

If fan hate is an issue, then he probably wouldn't consider the Knicks or Lakers, right?  Because if he flounders on either of those teams he'll get the same treatment.  The media will be harsher too.

« Reply #943 on: May 25, 2019, 12:03:54 PM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
why not, i never heard LAL or Knicks fan call him "cancer" like our fans do. I hope he stays and keep his word. It would be difficult for me to keep loving him if he moves to our biggest rival LAL.

« Reply #944 on: May 25, 2019, 12:07:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
KD decision is holding up everything