24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 146899 times)

Re: Was Kyrie intentionally missing shots?
« Reply #915 on: May 24, 2019, 12:30:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I don't believe Irving was missing shots intentionally. However, the fact that we even have a thread about Kyrie missing shots intentionally speaks volumes about the melodrama Kyrie has created this year. Would this forum ever have a thread about Bird or even Pierce missing shots intentionally ? H%#L  NO.

This day and age....who knows...

Listened to Bob Ryan on Goodman's podcast and they both thought Kyrie played like he was hurt.  Scalabrine said many times he had no explanation for Kyrie's shooting.  Last i looked Bledsoe was no Gary Payton and their best defensive guard was out most of the series.  The Bucks guards are their weak link and Kyrie can score on anybody.  His shot is always near the center of the rim and his shot is near always on target.  The dude can shoot.  But watch those shots again.  That one air ball was two feet short. Lots of his shots were no where near the hole. Maybe the guy is ailing or maybe he just half ass'd his shots because he had cashed the 2019 season in.  That is just as bad as intentionally missing.  We beat this team last season  without the diva and you telling me the Brook Lopez addition and Brogdon subtraction makes this team so [dang] unbeatable.  I don't buy it.  Kyrie checked out at some point in this series.

One more time for the cheap seats in the back. The Bucks went from the 8th seed to 1st seed with the best overall record in the league. Giannis is likely the MVP. They're a much better team than they were last season. This year's Bucks team would probably wax last year's Celtics team.

People can hate Kyrie all they want, but give Milwaukee credit for what they've done.

Oh the invincible Bucks were just too much for Kyrie and the C's to handle.  Many here giving them all the credit for blowing our doors off and shutting down Kyrie.  New additions from last years team Mirotic, ilyasova, Connaughton were too much for us.  Please.  What have they done in this Raptor series. They were all on the waiver wire and Lopez has been kicked around the league just as much.  Those mighty Bucks just shut us down according to so many here.  Kyrie sabotaged our season with his half ass shot selection and many here just refuse to see it.

Yes, the team that had a 16 win improvement behind a new coach and completely revamped offense and the probable league MVP are complete and utter frauds. Never mind the fact that they took us to 7 games last year before their significant improvement. Who am I kidding? Milwaukee is trash. Giannis is a poor man's Jayson Tatum 3 years from now. Khris Middleton is the worst All-Star ever, Jaylen Brown should've been selected by the coaches over him. Coach Bud can't even sniff Brad Steven's jock strap.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Lebron recruiting kyrie? Lebron seen at LA nightclub with kyrie
« Reply #916 on: May 24, 2019, 09:27:22 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/24/kyrie-irving-spotted-hanging-out-with-lebron-james-in-los-angeles/

Per ESPN insider Jordan Schultz, Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving was seen with LeBron James in Los Angeles. The two were presumably at Hyde Sunset, an upscale nightclub.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/24/lebron-james-steps-up-kyrie-irving-recruitment-in-bold-instagram-move/

James liked an Instagram post Friday afternoon displaying Irving in a Lakers jersey, adding fuel to the fire that ESPN’s Brian Windhorst started Thursday.

“I think Kyrie is considering the Lakers,” Windhorst told Stephen A. Smith. “… I know he’s in touch with LeBron and LeBron’s gonna make a run to recruit him.”

Lebron is so desperate. Also Commissioner silver is a spineless tool for not enforcing rules.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:17:58 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
LeBron should like it all he wants because that photoshopped picture is the closest thing he'll ever see to Kyrie being on the Lakers.

I can't wait until we trade for AD and re-sign Kyrie so that all these "Kyrie & LeBron want to reunite in LA" rumors from the media talking heads can finally be put to rest.

Offline scottwedman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Kyrie's leaving - should the Celtics look at sign-and-trades?

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
https://nypost.com/2019/05/24/lebron-james-steps-up-kyrie-irving-recruitment-in-bold-instagram-move/
James liked an Instagram post Friday afternoon displaying Irving in a Lakers jersey, adding fuel to the fire that ESPN’s Brian Windhorst started Thursday.

“I think Kyrie is considering the Lakers,” Windhorst told Stephen A. Smith. “… I know he’s in touch with LeBron and LeBron’s gonna make a run to recruit him.”

Lebron is so desperate. Also Commissioner silver is a spineless tool for not enforcing rules.

If he goes he goes
Our talent is young and high caliber. It may slow the rise to contention but it won’t snuff it out.
If he stays I hope he grows into the player he wants to be.

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Kyrie and LeBron were seen having dinner together in LA this past weekend. More fuel for the fire...

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Why does anyone listen to or read Wind bag? He's LeBron's #1 lapdog.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Please God, let it happen.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

lol

If that happens

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart = F@@#$ my life

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

On Wednesday Jackie Mac on windhorst’s podcast that there was no way Irving went to LA. I believe windhorst agreed. Maybe don’t share this here?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kyrie and LeBron were seen having dinner together in LA this past weekend. More fuel for the fire...

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/24/kyrie-irving-spotted-hanging-out-with-lebron-james-in-los-angeles/

Per ESPN insider Jordan Schultz, Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving was seen with LeBron James in Los Angeles. The two were presumably at Hyde Sunset, an upscale nightclub.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

lol

If that happens

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart = F@@#$ my life

Not a trade. Just let Kyrie walk.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

On Wednesday Jackie Mac on windhorst’s podcast that there was no way Irving went to LA. I believe windhorst agreed. Maybe don’t share this here?

Re: Lebron recruiting kyrie? Lebron seen at LA nightclub with kyrie
« Reply #928 on: May 25, 2019, 05:29:53 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
It would not surprise me if Kyrie was doing this just to troll Celtics fans and see his name in the media.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 06:07:28 AM by Who »

Kyrie spotted at LA shoe store, gets "Come to LA" chants
« Reply #929 on: May 25, 2019, 05:39:35 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Kyrie has resurfaced - on the other side of the country in LA. Presumably he figured the reception for him there would be much more positive than back here where fans would probably be throwing rotten fruit at him  :angel:

Kyrie Irving has been laying low since the Boston Celtics were eliminated from the NBA playoffs by the Milwaukee Bucks.

He’s finally surfaced, showing up at a Los Angeles sneaker consignment shop RIF LA yesterday.

https://twitter.com/glabrie/status/1131466864867987456

After his trip to the shoe store, Irving emerged to a mob of fans, who began a “come to L.A.” chant:
https://twitter.com/OTGSQUADX/status/1131277269194797057

Irving could be in Los Angeles for any number of reasons, but any time he makes any kind of move, it will trigger speculation.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/05/kyrie-irving-mobbed-in-los-angeles-gets-come-to-la-chants-video.html
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D