24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 147850 times)

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #840 on: May 11, 2019, 04:12:57 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Wow you are really merging my thread into a Kyrie complaint thread? Smh

« Reply #841 on: May 11, 2019, 04:17:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835730-windhorst-kyrie-irving-has-had-discussions-about-joining-lebron-james-lakers

After finding out it's not so easy to win a championship on his own, Kyrie Irving may look to partner up with LeBron James once again.

On the Hoop Collective podcast (h/t HoopsHype's Bryan Kalbrosky), ESPN's Brian Windhorst stated the "possibility" of Irving and James playing for the Los Angeles Lakers has been talked about.

"And I say that just because I think it's on Kyrie's radar, it's on Kyrie's board," Windhorst said. "He has had discussions with people about playing for the Lakers.”

This would represent a dramatic turn of events for Irving. Two years ago when he wanted to be traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers, Windhorst reported it was motivated in part by his desire to be the star on his own team.

Irving's two seasons with the Boston Celtics were a mixed bag. They appeared to be a title contender last season, but the six-time All-Star missed the postseason after undergoing two procedures on his knee.

The 2018-19 campaign was notable as much for Irving's off-court drama as it was for anything he did on the court. Boston was eliminated from the postseason by the Milwaukee Bucks in five games. Irving averaged 20.4 points per game on 35.2 percent shooting in the series.

If Irving opts out of his deal with the Celtics, the Lakers have come up as a potential landing spot. ESPN's Stephen A. Smith said on his radio show last month that Irving will take an interview with Los Angeles' front office this offseason.

The Lakers are looking for another star player to pair with James after a disappointing 37-45 record last season. Irving has a built-in rapport with the four-time NBA MVP that wouldn't require any adjustment period for either player if they decide to get the band back together.

Looks like the "rumors" and speculation are back in full swing again with Boston no longer in the playoffs.  ::)

Lebron and Rich Paul at it again doing their best to get Kyrie to leave and discourage Boston from trading for AD! It's no coincidence that this comes the very next day after the report (which was likely planted by NOLA/Griffin itself) that AD would consider staying in Boston sans Kyrie.

Absolutely cannot see Kyrie going back to LAL and Lebron. Leaving Boston for another team - possibly, though I still don't see the NYK draw, perhaps maybe the Brooklyn draw. But that would look *soooooo* bad for him to go to LAL with Lebron and cement his place in Lebron's shadow and as a complementary star, and that's not even considering all the ish he talked about Lebron, all the talk about wanting his own team, and the talk about being a C's great and wanting his jersey retired here.  If he would choose to go to LAL in July, I think we'd all help him back his bags, as that would prove that he's clearly not right to lead Boston back to the promised land, as he highlighted that he couldn't do by himself this year already.

« Reply #842 on: May 11, 2019, 04:18:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Colin Cowherd predicts Kyrie goes to the Lakers, AD traded to Boston, Knicks form a big 3 of Durant, Butler and Zion.

https://nesn.com/2019/05/anthony-davis-to-celtics-colin-cowherd-makes-nba-offseason-predictions/

« Reply #843 on: May 11, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835730-windhorst-kyrie-irving-has-had-discussions-about-joining-lebron-james-lakers

After finding out it's not so easy to win a championship on his own, Kyrie Irving may look to partner up with LeBron James once again.

On the Hoop Collective podcast (h/t HoopsHype's Bryan Kalbrosky), ESPN's Brian Windhorst stated the "possibility" of Irving and James playing for the Los Angeles Lakers has been talked about.

"And I say that just because I think it's on Kyrie's radar, it's on Kyrie's board," Windhorst said. "He has had discussions with people about playing for the Lakers.”

This would represent a dramatic turn of events for Irving. Two years ago when he wanted to be traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers, Windhorst reported it was motivated in part by his desire to be the star on his own team.

Irving's two seasons with the Boston Celtics were a mixed bag. They appeared to be a title contender last season, but the six-time All-Star missed the postseason after undergoing two procedures on his knee.

The 2018-19 campaign was notable as much for Irving's off-court drama as it was for anything he did on the court. Boston was eliminated from the postseason by the Milwaukee Bucks in five games. Irving averaged 20.4 points per game on 35.2 percent shooting in the series.

If Irving opts out of his deal with the Celtics, the Lakers have come up as a potential landing spot. ESPN's Stephen A. Smith said on his radio show last month that Irving will take an interview with Los Angeles' front office this offseason.

The Lakers are looking for another star player to pair with James after a disappointing 37-45 record last season. Irving has a built-in rapport with the four-time NBA MVP that wouldn't require any adjustment period for either player if they decide to get the band back together.

Looks like the "rumors" and speculation are back in full swing again with Boston no longer in the playoffs.  ::)

Lebron and Rich Paul at it again doing their best to get Kyrie to leave and discourage Boston from trading for AD! It's no coincidence that this comes the very next day after the report (which was likely planted by NOLA/Griffin itself) that AD would consider staying in Boston sans Kyrie.

Absolutely cannot see Kyrie going back to LAL and Lebron. Leaving Boston for another team - possibly, though I still don't see the NYK draw, perhaps maybe the Brooklyn draw. But that would look *soooooo* bad for him to go to LAL with Lebron and cement his place in Lebron's shadow and as a complementary star, and that's not even considering all the ish he talked about Lebron, all the talk about wanting his own team, and the talk about being a C's great and wanting his jersey retired here.  If he would choose to go to LAL in July, I think we'd all help him back his bags, as that would prove that he's clearly not right to lead Boston back to the promised land, as he highlighted that he couldn't do by himself this year already.

They just had a protest outside Staples Center. Those buffoon Laker fans are hilarious. Nice seeing Suns fans and Clippers fans shooting them down though  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #844 on: May 11, 2019, 04:21:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Colin Cowherd predicts Kyrie goes to the Lakers, AD traded to Boston, Knicks form a big 3 of Durant, Butler and Zion.

https://nesn.com/2019/05/anthony-davis-to-celtics-colin-cowherd-makes-nba-offseason-predictions/

Cowherd is a buffoon. Dude shouldn't be taken seriously.

« Reply #845 on: May 11, 2019, 04:45:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Colin Cowherd is a bigger fool than the village idiot character Paul Pierce plays on television.

« Reply #846 on: May 11, 2019, 04:50:59 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Colin Cowherd is a bigger fool than the village idiot character Paul Pierce plays on television.

This...the idiot said Kyrie was better than Giannis.

« Reply #847 on: May 11, 2019, 05:22:24 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

This...the idiot said Kyrie was better than Giannis.

From a pure scorer perspective in an nba where they actually call real basketball.  Yea I’d take kyrie

« Reply #848 on: May 11, 2019, 05:26:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The Knicks are the most over rated franchise in NBA history.  I think the press think it is a bigger than draw than it is, if Kyrie can't take the pressure here how would he deal with NYC's ?

« Reply #849 on: May 11, 2019, 05:38:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The Hate Kyrie Irving bandwagon was started by Knicks fans desperate to see him leave Boston.  Celtic fans are so soft that they actually bought into it and have been driving the bandwagon for months without the assistance of manipulative New Yorkers.   

This is like... a dream come true if you're a Knicks fan.   They must be over the moon to see soft Boston fans push their lone all-star out of town.  Pretty hilarious.  This is some inception-level working of social media.  "Make them think it's their idea".   Clown shoe fanbase wants us to let our best asset (by far) leave for nothing.

At the very least when we all collectively wanted Paul Pierce gone in 2005, the plan was to get back serious assets.  Ainge attempted to trade him to Portland for a draft pick that would have been used on Chris Paul.   Pierce ended up killing the deal... but getting a top 5 pick for him was the goal.   Even in their collective hate of Paul Pierce, the Celtic fans were never stupid enough to say "let our only all-star walk for nothing so we can set back this franchise 5-10 years".

« Reply #850 on: May 11, 2019, 06:23:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-irving-eyeing-lakers-194252990.html

Not surprising at all.

He's gonna run back to Bron.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #851 on: May 11, 2019, 06:31:20 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
The Hate Kyrie Irving bandwagon was started by Knicks fans desperate to see him leave Boston.  Celtic fans are so soft that they actually bought into it and have been driving the bandwagon for months without the assistance of manipulative New Yorkers.   

This is like... a dream come true if you're a Knicks fan.   They must be over the moon to see soft Boston fans push their lone all-star out of town.  Pretty hilarious.  This is some inception-level working of social media.  "Make them think it's their idea".   Clown shoe fanbase wants us to let our best asset (by far) leave for nothing.

At the very least when we all collectively wanted Paul Pierce gone in 2005, the plan was to get back serious assets.  Ainge attempted to trade him to Portland for a draft pick that would have been used on Chris Paul.   Pierce ended up killing the deal... but getting a top 5 pick for him was the goal.   Even in their collective hate of Paul Pierce, the Celtic fans were never stupid enough to say "let our only all-star walk for nothing so we can set back this franchise 5-10 years".

InfoWars is taking applications, I heard

« Reply #852 on: May 11, 2019, 06:40:01 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-irving-eyeing-lakers-194252990.html

Not surprising at all.

He's gonna run back to Bron.

Another analyst's speculation and one of Rich Paul's doings.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #853 on: May 11, 2019, 06:42:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I am SO in favor of Kyrie joining the Lakers. I want the Lakers to be as contemptable as possible.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #854 on: May 11, 2019, 06:51:00 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I am SO in favor of Kyrie joining the Lakers. I want the Lakers to be as contemptable as possible.

Same here. I want to hate another team as much as I hate the 76ers