24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 147350 times)

Re: Was Kyrie intentionally missing shots?
« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2019, 07:57:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought he was dogging it.

« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2019, 08:47:55 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Wild conspiracy theories aside it is MORE likely that MIL is an OUTSTANDING defensive team...

The LOOKS they were throwing at Kyrie...the switching...it seemed like the man had at LEAST TWO Bucks in front of him at all times....

Isn't MIL ranked like top 5 or 6 offensively AND defensively? That is a solid recipe for a championship...

For Kyrie mentally - he knew that Gordon STILL wasn't himself...Big Al is not normally looking to score a bunch...Tatum seemed MIA most series...JB played well but was simply not enough...

SOME of those shots...a FEW of them...looked rushed and had a taint of frustration. But he didn't just miss shots..

MIL dedicated themselves to STOPPING KYRIE...and they did it. Hopefully Danny changes the roster in the near future to get Kyrie more help AND better define some roles........

Kyrie's best days are AHEAD of him in Boston. This was an ugly chapter in his book but this best seller is only about halfway written.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:54:29 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

Re: Re-Sign Kyrie?
« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2019, 08:52:42 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
According to Brian Windhorst, "the door of Kyrie and Lebron reuniting is growing by the day."
https://nesn.com/2019/05/nba-insider-says-likelihood-of-kyrie-irving-lebron-james-reunion-growing/

Obviously, there's a good chance Windhorst is just speculating as he has an agenda to kiss Lebron's backside.

BUT, if this did happen, I would be furious!!!

Then Irving would be a hypocrite and tarnish his image that he painstakingly built this whole season. He initially wanted OUT of Cleveland because of LeBron, so he came to Boston. Now he wants to rejoin with his buddy LeBron.

I would be furious too, but I don't think he goes to Lakers. He either stays a Celtic, or go to Knicks.

Sometimes I wonder if these talking heads actually think logically about their speculation. Can you imagine how it looks - Kyrie forces a trade away from LeBum because he wants to be The Man, he fails abjectly on his first serious attempts and decides to crawl back to LeBum to be No.2 again after his failure? He would never live it down and his reputation and legacy would forever take a hit, bigger than if he had just failed in the first place. I can't see a man of Kyrie's ego being able to accept that, even if he won 5 more championships with LeBum.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Compensation for Kyrie?
« Reply #798 on: May 11, 2019, 09:00:55 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Kyrie for IT

who says no lol

I say no.

Out of those two deals, I prefer the Laker's one.

I’d prefer it to, but I strongly believe the knicks one is what’s going to happen.

« Reply #799 on: May 11, 2019, 09:06:18 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I seem to remember that the NBA changed its rules to make sign and trades more difficult to pull off...

Re: Re-Sign Kyrie?
« Reply #800 on: May 11, 2019, 09:10:12 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Kyrie might appreciate playing with LeBron on the Lakers- there will be no pressure on him to play any defense at all.  LeBron is under the microscope far more than Kyrie, and he gave up on playing D a couple years ago.  Irving will get the Hollywood attention that he craves but he won’t get the blame for losses.  It’s all about LeBron.

« Reply #801 on: May 11, 2019, 09:31:49 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

With OKC and Rockets struggling to get over the hump I think now is the best time to collect bas contracts fellas. They are eventually going to break those teams up and Chris Paul and Westbrook May become available...say what you want about Westbrook, at least he passes.

« Reply #802 on: May 11, 2019, 09:33:16 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
How would compensation for players coming in match Kyrie's going out?

« Reply #803 on: May 11, 2019, 09:37:36 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Yeah if he wants to leave we might as well sign and trade him.  He gets more money and Boston gets a trade exception. 

We are over the cap so that trade exception would be useful for us to include picks and take back a player like mike Conley or something.

Under the current CBA, sign and trade deals are limited to 4 years and the non-Bird raises (5% instead of 8%). Max players can no longer make more money from a sign-and-trade than they could from signing with the new team outright
I'm bitter.

« Reply #804 on: May 11, 2019, 09:46:16 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I just think the Bucks coach knew that was this teams weakness and just kept guys all over him knowing he'll fight through it and take bad shots.

Simple as that.

What I think is fake though, is our defense. Seriously...have you ever been on a court and kids wanna play, so you play fake defense against them just so they can have fun?

I'm telling you...that is what this team's defense looks like. I never saw so many players so many times be that close to a guy and not put their hands up to block a layup.

Whether on outside courts or the NBA...I have NEVER seen that weird thing this team does on defense.

« Reply #805 on: May 11, 2019, 09:50:00 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Yeah if he wants to leave we might as well sign and trade him.  He gets more money and Boston gets a trade exception. 

We are over the cap so that trade exception would be useful for us to include picks and take back a player like mike Conley or something.

Under the current CBA, sign and trade deals are limited to 4 years and the non-Bird raises (5% instead of 8%). Max players can no longer make more money from a sign-and-trade than they could from signing with the new team outright

That’s lame

« Reply #806 on: May 11, 2019, 09:59:14 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Chris Paul to Celtics, Kyrie to knicks, Hayward, Clint to the Mavs?
🤔

http://tradenba.com/trades/ByNUYIE3V

Nvm... I absolutely cannot take watching that flopping mess. Kyrie did enough crying to the refs for me.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 10:18:06 AM by RazzelnoDazzel »

« Reply #807 on: May 11, 2019, 10:03:44 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
So Kyrie chose to trash his reputation and make himself look bad, just because some Felger & Mazz callers and Twitter users said he sucked and he wanted to get back at them. As hot takes go this is the hottest yet I've read on this forum  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Bold Idea....(for Kyrie fans)
« Reply #808 on: May 11, 2019, 10:16:23 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
...trade for LeBron.

Reunite these buddies.

Let go of Brad Stevens.

Hire Ty Lue.

« Reply #809 on: May 11, 2019, 10:24:22 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The NBA has some really strange rules that can cripple franchises and give players fewer options:

1) The sign and trade rule where a player can't make additional salary and the team can't receive compensation for their 'lost' player. This would seem to benefit both the team and the player.

2) Players not being allowed to sign full 5-year (max otherwise) contracts the off-season before their FA. You then run into the circus that we had with Kyrie with fans turning on him. A team would know for certain if a player wants to leave and they would be able to receive compensation.

3) The Rose Rule. I honestly have no idea why the created this arbitrary stipulation where you can't trade for a player signed to a max contract coming off their rookie contract if you already have one on your roster. It is asinine. The Pelicans, the Celtics, and Lakers were all greatly affected by this rule this year.

These are all things that should be looked at much more closely and they should determine why these rules are in place at all.