Author Topic: 2016-17 Cleveland Cavaliers Thread  (Read 8466 times)

Re: 2016-17 Cleveland Cavaliers Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 12:22:46 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
C's probably have little chance of beating a healthy Cavs squad in a best of 7 playoff series. But what about an unhealthy Cavs squad?

Cav's bench is very, very thin IMHO.  They are very vulnerable if an injury happens to any of their big three, come April, May and June.  Its not a sprint, but rather a marathon.  Who will be healthy and hot come the spring?  Time will tell....

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
C's probably have little chance of beating a healthy Cavs squad in a best of 7 playoff series. But what about an unhealthy Cavs squad?

Cav's bench is very, very thin IMHO.  They are very vulnerable if an injury happens to any of their big three, come April, May and June.  Its not a sprint, but rather a marathon.  Who will be healthy and hot come the spring?  Time will tell....

define unhealthy - if LeBron is injured then I guess any of the top 4 EC teams can take the Cavs. Just my opinion, but the Cavs will go as far as LeBron takes them.

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 12:37:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Take LeBron out .....they can 't beat Miami to make playoffs. 

Never has one team...since MJ... relied on one player so much .

He is equal to 6-8 conference ranking positions.

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 02:48:37 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Take LeBron out .....they can 't beat Miami to make playoffs. 

Never has one team...since MJ... relied on one player so much .

He is equal to 6-8 conference ranking positions.
That is just silly.  Yes, Lebron is that good, but the Cavs without Lebron are still a very good team.  I mean in that situation they would still have a starting 5 of Irving, Shumpert, Smith, Love, Thompson with Jefferson, Dunleavy, Frye, and Birdman.  Obviously not a surefire title contender, but still a darn good team. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 11:02:38 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
LeFlop is still a beast, played the most minutes on the Cavs tonight.  Even without LBJ, I still think the Cavs take Boston to seven games in a series, maybe even win it.  Irving & Love would be formidable, along with Thompson doing his Windex Man routine.

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 11:08:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I honestly think this thread is pathetic and that it is embarrassing to us as Celtics fans. This is a competitor to us. While they have had a better team than us the last 2 years they have a much inferior franchise to as a whole including ownership and history. Having some dedicated thread to them is pretty pathetic in my eyes and they can be discussed in the NBA thread like anyone else.

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 11:13:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I honestly think this thread is pathetic and that it is embarrassing to us as Celtics fans. This is a competitor to us. While they have had a better team than us the last 2 years they have a much inferior franchise to as a whole including ownership and history. Having some dedicated thread to them is pretty pathetic in my eyes and they can be discussed in the NBA thread like anyone else.

You're entitled to your opinion. I think it's natural that our biggest obstacle to the Finals would be discussed.

We have an Around the NBA forum. It has room for more than one thread. A Cavs thread shouldn't make Celtics fans insecure.

Going forward, please stay on topic and use more constructive language.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 12:35:51 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

You're entitled to your opinion. I think it's natural that our biggest obstacle to the Finals would be discussed.

We have an Around the NBA forum. It has room for more than one thread. A Cavs thread shouldn't make Celtics fans insecure.

I apologize for the unconstructivd  language. I am a bit confused on how what I said was off topic. We have had other primary competitors over the years in the eastern conference. We have never dedicated season long thread to them. I was curious if we have other posters that also  find it a bit troubling. If we are not allowed to discuss that (in a polite constructive way) I won't say anything else about it.

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 12:47:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I apologize for the unconstructivd  language. I am a bit confused on how what I said was off topic. We have had other primary competitors over the years in the eastern conference. We have never dedicated season long thread to them. I was curious if we have other posters that also  find it a bit troubling. If we are not allowed to discuss that (in a polite constructive way) I won't say anything else about it.

The purpose of this thread isn't to discuss whether it should exist, its to talk about the Cavs, etc. You're welcome to discuss the thread itself in the Comments and Remarks forum.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 01:22:02 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I have to say this...that team is much more relaxed than ever. It's functioning now as they dreamed it would originally.

Lebron is playing selfless basketball, he orchestrates the entire show, Irving is tearing it up, Love is doing his thing, and is relaxed while he does it. 

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 01:53:58 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
I know Westbrook is getting a lot of early praise for his triple double average through 3 games, but James is quietly averaging 20.5/9.5/9.5 through 4 games.  It seems like he could average a triple double this year if he wanted to.  I don't think he ultimately goes for it, but if he is close the last week or two of the season, I think he goes for it. 

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 02:03:45 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
I have to say this...that team is much more relaxed than ever. It's functioning now as they dreamed it would originally.

Lebron is playing selfless basketball, he orchestrates the entire show, Irving is tearing it up, Love is doing his thing, and is relaxed while he does it.

Yeah, and to think it almost self-destructed last year before Lue came aboard.  A coach who knew how to make the pieces work.  This is a real problem, despite Lebron getting up there in age now, the organization now has a plan and a blueprint for success, especially since Irving has "figured" it out.  He can take torch from 'Bron if need be.

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 02:07:27 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Yeah, and to think it almost self-destructed last year before Lue came aboard.  A coach who knew how to make the pieces work.  This is a real problem, despite Lebron getting up there in age now, the organization now has a plan and a blueprint for success, especially since Irving has "figured" it out.  He can take torch from 'Bron if need be.
Yep, they look good.  James is the 3rd leading scorer right now while leading the team in rebounding and assists (well tied with Thompson with 38 boards in 4 games).  If they can keep that sort of pace up, they will be almost impossible to beat, especially if they keep up the defensive intensity.

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 02:46:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Cavs should go for 74 wins. 

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 03:57:30 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Cavs should go for 74 wins.
they will never go for that, but it would be funny if they did break the GS record.