Poll

Whose absense would hurt the Warriors the most?

Curry
6 (35.3%)
Thompson
1 (5.9%)
Durant
2 (11.8%)
Green
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Whose absence would hurt the Warriors the most?  (Read 1564 times)

Whose absence would hurt the Warriors the most?
« on: December 22, 2016, 09:42:34 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 229
Please elaborate why.

I gotta go with Green. Sure, if Curry or Thompson went down then there's a lot of concern in the depth of backcourt talent on that team. If Durant goes to, Iguodala can provide meaningful minutes.

So I go with Green. He's the backbone of that defense (although KD has been terrific as well, leading in blocks) ala KG in 2008.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:31:04 PM by Redz »

Re: Whose absense would hurt the Warriors the most?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:57:24 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Gotta go with Javalee...

His absence will be so heartfelt there wont be any contender in Shaqtin a foool.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 10:14:47 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Steph's, imo. KD is the best player on the team (and he's been a better player than Steph his entire career - Steph had a better regular season last year, but that didn't make him better than KD any more so than it made him better than LeBron), but the offense is built around Steph's offensive gravity and prowess. KD's an offensive mismatch, but Steph is a game breaker. The Warriors become a much more "traditional" (though still ludicrously high-powered) offense without Steph.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 01:08:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Draymond Green

They have more than enough scoring to replace one of Durant, Curry or Thompson.

But they have no-one who can replace Draymond Green's defense, rebounding or big man passing and extra ball-handling.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 02:52:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Draymond Green

They have more than enough scoring to replace one of Durant, Curry or Thompson.

But they have no-one who can replace Draymond Green's defense, rebounding or big man passing and extra ball-handling.
I initially was going that way, but then thought about it more and picked Curry.  He is the engine that makes the entire team run.  I think he is therefore the most important player on that team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 04:38:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd say that it's Green if we're just talking about one person missing. Curry and Durant provide the unstoppable scoring punch.  Klay is a great complementary scorer.  They can live if one of those three is missing (but not more than one).

Without Draymond, though, they really have no defense anchor at all, especially with Iggy in physical decline.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 04:43:35 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
lol Draymond not playing tonight.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 05:21:24 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd say that it's Green if we're just talking about one person missing. Curry and Durant provide the unstoppable scoring punch.  Klay is a great complementary scorer.  They can live if one of those three is missing (but not more than one).

Without Draymond, though, they really have no defense anchor at all, especially with Iggy in physical decline.

Eh, my thing with this argument is that KD proved in the playoffs last season and in his start to this season that, while he's not as intense or lockdown a defender as Draymond, he can most certainly anchor the Warriors' defense.