Author Topic: Report: Orlando wants Veterans back in trade For Howard  (Read 8610 times)

Report: Orlando wants Veterans back in trade For Howard
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:20:35 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/34685/what-will-magic-want-for-dwight

Let's trade them KG and Ray, both give them instant cap relief and veterans on top of that,they could resign in Orlando for the price they like instead of taking in Bynum and/or Gasol at heavy cost/long term deals.

Nowhere in this article does Stein suggest the Celtics, and don't know if this guy is trustworthy either but you never know with Otis Smith, at least among teams with vets like Celtics,Hawks,Lakers we have also valuable picks to offer and arguably better players although little older.

Re: Report: Orlando wants Veterans back in trade For Howard
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:56:25 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
I'll start by suggesting this 3 way trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8a4vulx

Why for Magic, With these 3 guys they stay relevant for years to come and get's a first rounder from the Celtics.

Why for Hawks, Get's a relief in getting rid of Johnsons's albatross contract, expirings in Ray Allen and JO and Redick.

Celtics, get's their franchise Center although losing 2 HOFers,though it's tough to part ways with Ray he could be had for the MMLE next summer and KG is likely to retire, at best he could return on a vet minimum deal.

Howard opts in to the final year of his contract,taking us over the cap and allowing us to resign Green and Bass using their bird rights.

Then getting rid of Nelson at any time after a trade, I think you could trade players multiple times duting a season.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:02:45 AM by heitingas »

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:39:16 AM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34

Why for Magic, With these 3 guys they stay relevant for years to come and get's a first rounder from the Celtics.

Why for Hawks, Get's a relief in getting rid of Johnsons's albatross contract, expirings in Ray Allen and JO and Redick.

Celtics, get's their franchise Center although losing 2 HOFers,though it's tough to part ways with Ray he could be had for the MMLE next summer and KG is likely to retire, at best he could return on a vet minimum deal.

Howard opts in to the final year of his contract,taking us over the cap and allowing us to resign Green and Bass using their bird rights.

Then getting rid of Nelson at any time after a trade, I think you could trade players multiple times duting a season.

I'm surprised, that is actually a surprisingly good trade idea right there...

Atlanta gets rid of JJ's contract, shake things up just enough to possibly be a little bit more of a contender.  Orlando stays talented, and Boston gets their Diamond.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 07:10:32 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Joe Johnsn's contract is bad, but certainly not trade him and Josh Smith for Hedo Turkoglu bad.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 07:28:13 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So we loose our one real out side threat, and get an other point, and rent a center(he wont stay with out KG and Allen telling him how Awesome Boston is) for one year.

Only if the season is going to crap would this be good. Howard wont save the team.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If we trade for Howard, and if the reports are true about them wanting vets, then sadly Pierce has to be part of the deal. One, he's younger than both KG and Ray and presumably still has more left in the tank. Secondly, his contract still has multiple years remaining so the Magic doesn't have to worry about losing him in Free Agency.

Celtics Receive:

Howard
Turkoglu

Magic Receive:

Pierce
JO
Bradley
JJ Johnson
2012 1st Rd Pick (LAC)
2012 1st Red Pick (Boston)

Why for the C's...
We pair Howard with Rondo and hope a long playoff run alongside KG, Allen, and Doc, convince him to stay in green. We take back Turkoglu's contract, but by trading Pierce and Bradley create more cap room in the summer to give a FA a lucrative deal.

Why for the Nagic...
They stay competitive. They acquire draft picks and young players as well. They also get rid of Hedo's contract.

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 08:00:58 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I am not an advocate of blowing this up - yet.

But ... the proposed trade intrigues me. I would be inclined to make that deal.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 08:06:42 AM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
If we trade for Howard, and if the reports are true about them wanting vets, then sadly Pierce has to be part of the deal. One, he's younger than both KG and Ray and presumably still has more left in the tank. Secondly, his contract still has multiple years remaining so the Magic doesn't have to worry about losing him in Free Agency.

Celtics Receive:

Howard
Turkoglu

Magic Receive:

Pierce
JO
Bradley
JJ Johnson
2012 1st Rd Pick (LAC)
2012 1st Red Pick (Boston)

Why for the C's...
We pair Howard with Rondo and hope a long playoff run alongside KG, Allen, and Doc, convince him to stay in green. We take back Turkoglu's contract, but by trading Pierce and Bradley create more cap room in the summer to give a FA a lucrative deal.

Why for the Nagic...
They stay competitive. They acquire draft picks and young players as well. They also get rid of Hedo's contract.

Orlando would never go for this.  Bradley has shown absolutely no value, JJJ has shown absolutely nothing (except the fact that his current team doesnt see him as talented enough to play), the 2 picks will be too late in the 1st round to be expected to contribute, Oneil has nothing left, so he's just some cap relief (which wont help the Magic convince their fans that they got anything in return for D12), and PP is in his mid 30's.

Basically they get nothing of good value in that package.  Consider what NO just got for CP3, and you can see how this offer compares =/

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 08:11:19 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
If orlando is looking for vets then they arnt looking for 30+ vets. They are probebly looking for you vets 25-30 who can form a core for the next couple of years and keep them out of the gutter.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 09:22:19 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
The Celtics do not have the pieces to land Howard.  Period.  However, the Celtics easily could be the third team in the trade.

Something like this (not sure Orlando does this, but I think the Celtics and Hawks do it)

Boston - Josh Smith, JJ Redick
Atlanta - Dwight Howard, Ray Allen, Hedo Turkoglu
Orlando - Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett, Jeff Teague, ATL 1st

This would also work (not sure all teams would do it, but reasonably fair for all 3)

Boston - Kris Humphries, Anthony Morrow
New Jersey - Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu
Orlando - Brook Lopez, Ray Allen, Jordan Farmar, NJ 1st, NJ 1st
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 09:51:31 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
If orlando is looking for vets then they arnt looking for 30+ vets. They are probebly looking for you vets 25-30 who can form a core for the next couple of years and keep them out of the gutter.

My thoughts exactly; they prefer established players over young guys with potential but are unproven.  They are certainly not looking for guys who are on their way to retirement (KG Ray).

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown

My thoughts exactly; they prefer established players over young guys with potential but are unproven.  They are certainly not looking for guys who are on their way to retirement (KG Ray).

Orlando would get Josh Smith and Joe Johnson in the deal, the only plus 30 player is KG, but the Magic would want Horford it appears.

We could trade the rights to Jeff Green i'm guessing.

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 10:07:34 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
Or we could trade Rondo and KG to Orlando for Howard/Nelson and Ray Allen, rights to Jeff Green to Atlanta for Josh Smith.

Rondo's trade value must have risen seeing how he has played the last two games, makes room for Deron Williams.

Josh Smith/Nelson then traded to the Nets with future picks for Deron Williams.

Ray Allen resigns next summer for the vet minimum. But Bass,Green would be gone and no Josh Smith or KG. Still having Deron and Howard is a possibility.

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 10:09:13 AM »

Offline chenaren

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
I think Bradley for TA is more realistic.

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

eww

Geez the magic got the best deal here by a longshot IMO and are just a solid pg away from being legit. how are they rated at - 21 wins??

But ya this Howard pipe dream needs to end.  I have no faith in convincing him to stay here at the expense of betraying real champions in KG and Ray. Can we just get a Josh Smith, pair him with Rondo and an aging Pierce and call that "rebuilding"?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)