Author Topic: Bulls Offense  (Read 2070 times)

Bulls Offense
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:00:05 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I really dont know how well they can do with that offense. I feel like Boozer kinda stagnates their whole pace. What do yall think?

Re: Bulls Offense
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 05:53:40 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Yeah, they are desperately lacking a legitimate second option.  Boozer just isn't that good without a true passing point guard getting him open looks.  Rip, Deng, Noah, Gibson, Brewer, Watson . . . all great supporting players, but none of them is a top notch reliable offensive option right now.

Still, they'll win a lot of games with team defense, depth, and clutch shots from D-Rose.  If they keep a game close until the end they always have a chance.  They did well with that offense last year and I expect the same this year. 

In the playoffs, it will all come down to whether they can get hot as a team at the right time, much like the Mavs did this past summer.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:59:54 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This is why I find Derrick Rose overrated.  He is more of a SG than a PG.  A great scorer and athlete no doubt, and a fantastic player don't get me wrong, but I didn't agree with the MVP (should have been LeBron or Dwight).  I know it's ESPN and a fan poll (what an awful combo) but I saw Derrick Rose get voted the NBA's best PG and I had to laugh.

I think Rip will become a bigger and bigger part of the team as he gets more experience playing with them.  But yes, it needs to be him or someone else, they desperately need that second scoring option.  I am certainly no Boozer fan and don't see him as being that option.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:02:15 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
It's a re-creation of Iverson's 76ers team.

Boozer is paid and unmotivated and nobody else really has the ability to create their own shot (much like our team).

They'll be successful because they have one of the best offensive players in basketball, but they can't win a championship with that roster.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
the difference really  is that Rose isnt a playmaker. for all the good supporting players that team has surrounded rose with, they are all players who NEED someone to create their offense for them.

thats why Boozer went from being a productive player(with D.rose a passing pg feeding him) to what he is now...average

same with Rip hamilton..hes best off screens with a pg feeding him, not trying to create his own shot