Author Topic: Big Baby got out of KG's shadow, Now resides in the shadow of Ryan Anderson  (Read 9622 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Haha BBD didn't even get to start like he thought he was going to in Orlando. Anderson is the better player anyways so I don't know why he thought he would. What a steal Danny got with trading fat boy for Bass!

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5
For some strange reason, I feel sorry for him ....  ::)
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
For some strange reason, I feel sorry for him ....  ::)
I can think of $26M reasons not to feel bad for him one bit.

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
First two shots are semi contested jumpers. I don't miss that one bit.

Btw Perkins definitely looks a lot slimmer but still picked up 2 quick fouls to be begin the game.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
BBD gets stuffed and leads to a hoop

follows it up with a charge

9 mins 2-7 and 3 fouls on BBD , wow .....

so thankful Danny is our GM

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
BBD gets stuffed and leads to a hoop

follows it up with a charge

9 mins 2-7 and 3 fouls on BBD , wow .....

so thankful Danny is our GM

ya, its only 1 game but im definitely feeling that danny got a steal with teh Brandon Bass trade

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
This thread frustrates me immensely because Danny could've/should've sold high on that slob after the 09 playoffs.

I've been screaming on this forum for the last 3 years about how bad Davis is, and it seems like it's only now that he's no longer a Celtic that people have removed their green goggles and finally admitted that he's awful.

I'm still convinced that if we had traded him for a real center when we should have, we wouldn't have lost game 7 in the 2010 playoffs after Perk went down.

So no, I can't give Ainge any credit for trading him about 2-3 years after he should have. If anything, the way this scenario is playing out is just validating how wrong Danny was all along.

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Kinda shocked Glen didn't start today.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
Let the BBD vs. Bass season long comparisons begin... :)

Game 1 - Danny wins!  Personally, I'm glad he's gone.  Didn't want to give him a long-term contract and glad he's Orlando's problem.  Wait until that team starts fighting about shot totals and being traded in a couple weeks...  Should be a fun drama to watch.

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Ryan Anderson is a better fit at the 4 for that team. I wouldn't be surprised if Baby came off the bench for most of the season. Thank goodness that headache is gone...

Re: Big Baby got out of KG's shadow, Now resides in the shadow of Ryan Anderson
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 11:45:37 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I expect SVG to rotate BBD and R.Anderson depending on matchups much like he did with Bass and Anderson.

With Ryan Anderson being preferred against teams with lesser offensive threats at PF and BBD being chosen to start against teams with strong scoring PFs.

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
This thread frustrates me immensely because Danny could've/should've sold high on that slob after the 09 playoffs.

I've been screaming on this forum for the last 3 years about how bad Davis is, and it seems like it's only now that he's no longer a Celtic that people have removed their green goggles and finally admitted that he's awful.

I'm still convinced that if we had traded him for a real center when we should have, we wouldn't have lost game 7 in the 2010 playoffs after Perk went down.

So no, I can't give Ainge any credit for trading him about 2-3 years after he should have. If anything, the way this scenario is playing out is just validating how wrong Danny was all along.
Wasn't he also a FA then? Which teams were interested and ready to give value? I'm skeptical that the jumper versus Orlando had teams requesting him but maybe they were.

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 11:58:20 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

A trade 2-3 yers ago would not have yielded anyone better than Bass.  What we should maybe be upset about is drafting Baby over DeAndre Jordan; that was a head scratcher to me.

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
In Orlando he has the chance to get the starting slot from Anderson. No way was he going to bump KG to the bench here. So in that respect it's a better situation for him. Hopefully he finds what he's looking for.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

A trade 2-3 yers ago would not have yielded anyone better than Bass.  What we should maybe be upset about is drafting Baby over DeAndre Jordan; that was a head scratcher to me.

Baby and Jordan were in two separate drafts (and were both chosen 35th overall). I think you meant JR Giddens.