Author Topic: NBA League Pass  (Read 26804 times)

NBA League Pass
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:39:52 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Well for anybody wondering, is the full price of 169$

>:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: NBA League Pass
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 03:41:44 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
i decided a while back that I'm not going to sign up for it this year. Screw the NBA. The lockout anger is still lingering.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 03:49:12 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Wow

I'm not paying for it this season then. I'll just listen to Grande and Max.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:56:37 PM by CelticSooner »

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 03:54:31 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Dang, that sucks.

I'll still probably be getting it.  :o I'm a junkie.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 03:58:27 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Dang, that sucks.

Same here.  $170 bucks for 2-3 hours of highly enjoyable entertainment on demand almost every day for 5 months?  Sign me up.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
Guys...

If you're with DirecTv (as I am) - here's some helpful advice (and MANY do this):

- call DirecTv - when the voice prompt comes up say "cancel"

- it will come up again - again, say "cancel"

This takes you directly to their CSR's - someone who has actual authority (they believe you will be canceling some kind of service).  When they quote you a price, just tell them you're not interested and thank them.

ALWAYS BE KIND!!!!!

Now, they might be able to work with you...  

As a 4 year subscriber to DirecTv (who has always paid my bill on time), I've NEVER paid full price for the sports channels.  They will work with you...they have "credits" that each CSR can provide you with.

Just wanting to help out...

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 04:02:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Dang, that sucks.

Same here.  $170 bucks for 2-3 hours of highly enjoyable entertainment on demand almost every day for 5 months?  Sign me up.
The crappy thing is that my apartment building steals cable channels for their security system. They steal some NHL and NBA channels for this and it sucks.

So depending on what NBA channel the C's are on I have to watch it on my computer. (or now Ipad that I was given)

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Guys...

If you're with DirecTv (as I am) - here's some helpful advice (and MANY do this):

This takes you directly to their CSR's - someone who has actual authority (they believe you will be canceling some kind of service).  When they quote you a price, just tell them you're not interested and thank them.

ALWAYS BE KIND!!!!!

As a 4 year subscriber to DirecTv (who has always paid my bill on time), I've NEVER paid full price for the sports channels.  They will work with you...they have "credits" that each CSR can provide you with.

This is what I plan on doing. Gonna see if I can get a deal from retention. If not going to cancel. The league is going to make it look like nothing happened? Nice try

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 04:05:32 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Dang, that sucks.

I agree, as a fan and of course since I'm not in the New England area it's a must get for me. I look at it like how much would I have spend if I were in the area attending actual games -- in comparison to the price it's a no brainer.

Now hopefully there are some Preseason games that will be aired, do they usually air any preseason games? I think I remember them airing some
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
Guys...

ALWAYS BE KIND!!!!!

This is what I plan on doing. Gonna see if I can get a deal from retention. If not going to cancel. The league is going to make it look like nothing happened? Nice try

So am I...  I've subscribed for a few years (even when I was with cable) but this might finally be the year I don't.  I frequent a site (dbstalk.com) and a guy there said he called today and got it down to $119 (a $50 savings).  I might try to work the "season is reduced...not paying anything close to full price...I subscribe to other sports packages" kinda stuff and see where it gets me... :)

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 04:23:08 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Dang, that sucks.

I agree, as a fan and of course since I'm not in the New England area it's a must get for me. I look at it like how much would I have spend if I were in the area attending actual games -- in comparison to the price it's a no brainer.

Now hopefully there are some Preseason games that will be aired, do they usually air any preseason games? I think I remember them airing some
Its free till January 8th this year, I think as part of the free trial period they show preseason games.

31 Celtics games are on national TV this year, so 35 games for the package. That works out to $4.83 per Celtic game.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 04:28:14 PM »

Kiorrik

Living in Sydney, I also have no choice. I'll have to grab the full league pass to see all the games I want to see, regardless of the pricing. 45 a month it is.

Bah.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »

Kiorrik

Actually, I just noticed that you guys pay 44 dollars. Meanwhile, if you convert that to Australian Dollars, you get 43 something, since the Aussie dollar is worth slightly more... yet they charge 49AUD!!!

Bloody...

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 04:46:13 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Guys...

This takes you directly to their CSR's - someone who has actual authority (they believe you will be canceling some kind of service).  When they quote you a price, just tell them you're not interested and thank them.

ALWAYS BE KIND!!!!!

As a 4 year subscriber to DirecTv (who has always paid my bill on time), I've NEVER paid full price for the sports channels.  They will work with you...they have "credits" that each CSR can provide you with.

Verizon doesn't do this.

I tried.

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »

Offline RajonRondOWNED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
I'm getting league pass broadband. Only $100 if you pick 5 teams.