Author Topic: Celtics to trade Lee for Jerryd Bayless?  (Read 48225 times)

Re: Celtics to trade Lee for Jerryd Bayless?
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2014, 06:42:03 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I knew that there was something behind sending Marshon Brooks to the D-League.

I thought this was happening-

Quote from: chambers on January 02, 2014, 06:11:42 AM
Of course it could be he's just getting some game time because he's got nothing better to do on the bench of the C's.

I should have worded my last post better but its hard to type a lot on the cell phone sometimes.

I agree with shak that something is fishy, we have different thoughts on why something fishy is up.

For a team that's trying to develop young guys, this may be the best way to do just that by giving Brooks some game time in D League.
It's just my personal opinion that he's been put on ice while we showcase the other guards.
Statistically he's a pretty good player on offense and his defense is average.
In Brooklyn in his second year he was shooting 46% from the field in 4 attempts a game as a jumpshooter althought his three point shooting was poor. His form looks good though and it's tough to say how much better he's gotten from behind the arc considering his pathetic playing time.

I'd say there's a big chance that we trade one or two of Lee, Bradley and Crawford and he slides into the regular rotation- that's what I mean by something 'fishy' being up.
Just pure speculation on my behalf but taking him out and giving him serious time with the scrubs is being done for a reason.
They said he wont be there long so maybe something is in the works :)

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If we wanted to can we trade bayless before trade deadline

Yes. Just so long as his salary isn't combined with another Celtic player's to bring back a larger salary.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2014, 06:45:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Of course it could be he's just getting some game time because he's got nothing better to do on the bench of the C's.

I should have worded my last post better but its hard to type a lot on the cell phone sometimes.

I agree with shak that something is fishy, we have different thoughts on why something fishy is up.

For a team that's trying to develop young guys, this may be the best way to do just that by giving Brooks some game time in D League.
It's just my personal opinion that he's been put on ice while we showcase the other guards.
In Brooklyn in his second year he was shooting 46% from the field in 4 attempts a game as a jumpshooter althought his three point shooting was poor. His form looks good though and it's tough to say how much better he's gotten from behind the arc considering his pathetic playing time.

I'd say there's a big chance that we trade one or two of Lee, Bradley and Crawford and he slides into the regular rotation- that's what I mean by something 'fishy' being up.
Just pure speculation on my behalf but taking him out and giving him serious time with the scrubs is being done for a reason.

TP... should free up some minutes for Brooks.

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2014, 06:46:12 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
With Lee out tonight and Brooks in the D-League I wonder if there will be a KEITH BOGANS sighting!

BOGANS FIRST GUARD OFF THE BENCH? WHAAAT?

Somewhere Bogans is thinking "Hey, that whining about playing time really paid off! I should do that more often!"

And somewhere Courtney Lee is thinking "Hey, that whining about playing time DIDN'T pay off! I should shut my mouth more often!"
Or he's thinking "Sweet... this is a team that could be reasonably competitive this year and I'll actually have a role"

Or he's saying I'm in another position where theres a lot of Guards.. Tony Allen, Nick Calathes, Seth Curry, Jamaal Franklin, Quincy Pondexter..

Or that....

Pondexter is out for the season with a foot injury and Curry was released.  Pretty sure Lee will get the nod ahead of Calathes and Franklin.  Should get a decent amount of playing time.

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
With Lee out tonight and Brooks in the D-League I wonder if there will be a KEITH BOGANS sighting!

Somewhere Bogans is thinking "Hey, that whining about playing time really paid off! I should do that more often!"

And somewhere Courtney Lee is thinking "Hey, that whining about playing time DIDN'T pay off! I should shut my mouth more often!"
Or he's thinking "Sweet... this is a team that could be reasonably competitive this year and I'll actually have a role"

Or he's saying I'm in another position where theres a lot of Guards.. Tony Allen, Nick Calathes, Seth Curry, Jamaal Franklin, Quincy Pondexter..

Or that....

Pondexter is out for the season with a foot injury and Curry was released.  Pretty sure Lee will get the nod ahead of Calathes and Franklin.  Should get a decent amount of playing time.

Was he waived today? or yesterday?

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2014, 06:49:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I tried the espn trade machine and said failed

Grizzlies can use their Rudy Gay trade exception to make the numbers work.

I like the trade cause if gives us more flexibility going forward but I still can't get over the fact we lost 3 2nd round picks to sign Lee. (1 of which was from Charlotte)

You win some, you lose some...

At least it was a 2nd round pick in a draft that's looking to be historically bad

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2014, 06:51:16 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004

Or that....

Think it was today.

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
so if we can move bass for an expiring could we offer a max contract next year?

Say we move Bass for expiring  , and bottom out with a top 5 pick...

Sign Melo to a max deal

Now have the # 5 or higher pick to draft or trade for another big piece .

Melo is your # 1 scorerer and finisher
Sully is the # 2 option and beast in the low post
Rondo is # 3 option and sets everyone up
Green as 6th man off bench
-Bradley would fit perfectly at 2 guard, but not sure we can resign him , and still sign a max FA ?

We would be a rim protector away from a legit contender IMO

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2014, 06:52:32 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
so who starts?
Crawford or Bayless?

And when Rondo comes back, who's the back up?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2014, 06:53:42 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
FWIW, the Grizzlies are supposedly considering bringing Curry back once they can start signing players to 10-day contracts.

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Or that....

Pretty sure Memphis wouldn't take on the 15 mil in his contract if they didn't have a role for him.  He'll get minutes. 

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2014, 07:01:04 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Hahahaha we were right, DIDN'T MAKE SENSE, unless...

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
so if we can move bass for an expiring could we offer a max contract next year?

Say we move Bass for expiring  , and bottom out with a top 5 pick...

Sign Melo to a max deal

Now have the # 5 or higher pick to draft or trade for another big piece .

Melo is your # 1 scorerer and finisher
Sully is the # 2 option and beast in the low post
Rondo is # 3 option and sets everyone up
Green as 6th man off bench
-Bradley would fit perfectly at 2 guard, but not sure we can resign him , and still sign a max FA ?

We would be a rim protector away from a legit contender IMO
If you move Bass for an expiring contract AND let Bradley and Crawford walk, you'd have cap space.

As is we're looking at like 15 mil in cap space if you let Bradley and Crawford walk, but that's before we hand out contracts to our draft picks and before you re-sign Bradley.

It would make some sense to package Bradley + Bass for an expiring contract and a draft pick.  I mean, if Boston is going the "Sign Melo" route, they are going to let Bradley walk... so might as well trade him now. 

Or I mean someting like Bass + Bradley + Bogans expiring + Crawford for Bynum and Waiters makes sense too.  You'd dump Bass's salary, get rid of a couple guys you probably wouldn't re-sign anyways (Bradley and Crawford) and pick up a young asset still on his rookie deal (Waiters).  That'd put your cap at around 40 mil next season... after you sign your rookies you're still probably looking at 10+ mil to offer a free agent.

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2014, 07:03:40 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Or that....

Think it was today.

Ahh I see. Well if that was done today, this trade was probably premeditated weeks ago.

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2014, 07:09:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

TP... should free up some minutes for Brooks.
How does trading a very good role playing guard for a very good role playing guard open up time for MarShon Brooks, a guard and the last player on the depth chart, a horrible one at that?