Author Topic: Celtics to trade Lee for Jerryd Bayless?  (Read 48226 times)

Re: Celtics to trade Lee for Jerryd Bayless?
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2014, 06:13:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
That's legal?
Yes.

ah, I see you edited. You can learn all about trade exceptions, how they're created, and how they work from the FAQ:
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q81
But the one thing I took away from that Doc/Clippers fiasco is that you couldn't have two separate deals contingent on each other.  How is this any different if deal 2 is dependent on Deal 1 and vice versa?

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2014, 06:14:12 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
With Lee out tonight and Brooks in the D-League I wonder if there will be a KEITH BOGANS sighting!

BOGANS FIRST GUARD OFF THE BENCH? WHAAAT?

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Only way we dump Wallace's contract is if he starts playing significantly more minutes and starts scoring more.

I think this is a good move for Ainge. I am curious whether trading for an expiring means he plans on letting Humphries expire at the end of the year as well
Although Lee for expiring is a tiny insignificant trade... it does indeed paint the picture of Boston heading in the "selling' direction.

Should be an interesting month.

Bayless should be a nice back-up for Crawford this year once we trade Rondo for draft picks and expirings. 

lol j/k

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2014, 06:15:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm not saying Bayless is an all star or anything, but neither was Lee and Lee was unhappy. Bayless has scored in double digits in over a third of his games this year and is a young decent athletic combo guard.  He's a tad redundant with what we have, but him, Avery, and J Craw are a nice group for now, and when Rondo comes back it gets nicer. Nice depth situation. There's nothing to dislike here.

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2014, 06:15:57 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Only way we dump Wallace's contract is if he starts playing significantly more minutes and starts scoring more.

I think this is a good move for Ainge. I am curious whether trading for an expiring means he plans on letting Humphries expire at the end of the year as well
Although Lee for expiring is a tiny insignificant trade... it does indeed paint the picture of Boston heading in the "selling' direction.

It's not insignificant it gives more flexibility and cap space if we want to add good players in the summer or Feb deadline.

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That's legal?
Yes.

ah, I see you edited. You can learn all about trade exceptions, how they're created, and how they work from the FAQ:
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q81
But the one thing I took away from that Doc/Clippers fiasco is that you couldn't have two separate deals contingent on each other.  How is this any different if deal 2 is dependent on Deal 1 and vice versa?

The Doc/Clippers thing had to do with the fact that you can't actually trade coaches, and the "wink wink, nudge nudge" nature of the transaction (which was supposed to be KG/DOC for DeAndre and a 1st, I think) p---ed off the rest of the owners, who complained to the league, who instituted the "no tradsies" moratorium between us and the Clips.

We didn't trade Doc. We released Doc from his contract early so that he could sign a new contract with the Clippers in exchange for a 1st round pick.

Of course, one of the "unspoken" contingencies of KG heading to the Clippers was that Doc would be the coach. That's why the league office brought the hammer down on the KG/DeAndre trade--because it was effectively a player + coach for player + draft pick trade, and that's illegal under the current CBA.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2014, 06:21:19 PM »

Offline jojowhite10

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 49

It's not insignificant it gives more flexibility and cap space if we want to add good players in the summer or Feb deadline.

Think he meant when it comes to affecting the W/L total for the team--same page.

I just hope we can find a way to dump Wallace's contract. I would be willing to throw in a first

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
With Lee out tonight and Brooks in the D-League I wonder if there will be a KEITH BOGANS sighting!

Somewhere Bogans is thinking "Hey, that whining about playing time really paid off! I should do that more often!"

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2014, 06:25:20 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I knew that there was something behind sending Marshon Brooks to the D-League.

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2014, 06:29:39 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Somewhere Bogans is thinking "Hey, that whining about playing time really paid off! I should do that more often!"

And somewhere Courtney Lee is thinking "Hey, that whining about playing time DIDN'T pay off! I should shut my mouth more often!"

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2014, 06:34:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

And somewhere Courtney Lee is thinking "Hey, that whining about playing time DIDN'T pay off! I should shut my mouth more often!"
Or he's thinking "Sweet... this is a team that could be reasonably competitive this year and I'll actually have a role"

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2014, 06:37:29 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I wish Courtney the best in Memphis.  Hopefully, he will be able to find a solid role in their rotation.

Good luck, Courtney.  You'll be missed. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
I think Ainge will try to sign Bynum now that he has flexibility.

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
If we wanted to can we trade bayless before trade deadline

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Or he's thinking "Sweet... this is a team that could be reasonably competitive this year and I'll actually have a role"

Or he's saying I'm in another position where theres a lot of Guards.. Tony Allen, Nick Calathes, Seth Curry, Jamaal Franklin, Quincy Pondexter and Mike Miller..

Or that....