Author Topic: Woj on ESPN: Cavs listening to offers for Kevin Love  (Read 19212 times)

Re: Woj on ESPN: Cavs listening to offers for Kevin Love
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2019, 07:51:16 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
We need a starting big...Bucks, Toronto 76ers will kill us inside....Love is great but is he the answer? Think we just need a big who will come from a buyout hopefully..also i alway like Jacob..think he ve great here
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2019, 07:53:23 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
We need a starting big...Bucks, Toronto 76ers will kill us inside....Love is great but is he the answer? Think we just need a big who will come from a buyout hopefully..also i alway like Jacob..think he ve great here

If you ask England Dan and John Ford Coley, the answer is yes! :laugh:

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2019, 07:53:52 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think Love would be. Good fit on Miami too. Just not sure how much they would be willing to give up for him.

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2019, 07:55:39 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Love is good at what he does but he isn’t the big the Cs need. I agree Cs make smaller big man move via trade or more likely buyout. They don’t need a big name big name big man. Just ones that fills a role.

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2019, 08:18:30 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
We are sitting pretty right now, trading for Love is the sort of move that would destroy our chemistry. We need players, not names.

Love is one of the worst contracts in the NBA. He is a terrible defender. You don't win titles giving heavy minutes to bad defensive big men. There have also been rumors about his attitude over the years.

And selling low on Hayward right now would be very stupid. He was awesome before that freak hand injury. He's going to light it up when he gets back. We will be undefendable. The only scenario I trade him is for a top-15 player. Which Love is nowhere close to being.

Stay the course, Danny. The buyout market will be favorable to us this year. We have minor pieces to deal as well.

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2019, 08:23:38 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Heat offers KO

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2019, 08:32:13 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
If you're Danny Ainge do you send someone to Hayward's house to help him pack his bags?

not the way Gordy was playing pre hand injury .  Love is NOT the guy Minn had anymore .  He still has some offense and shooting touch .   I don't see the rebunding effort at all,  and thats what impressed me years ago .  He has taken lessons from Lebron , stand around watching on defense 8 out of 10 plays ,  rarely gets wild on the glass for rebounds anymore .   And i think he finally succumbed to Lebron s lazy lackadaisical diva ball game.   Ruined good IMO .    Maybe a long time or never to get his mind right .  He has a ring ...., hes a CA boy , he ll sign with LA when they can manage him under the cap.

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2019, 08:41:43 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I might consider something like this

Love, Thompson

for

Hayward, Kanter, Langford

Just consider it, don't do it!
agreed.  not in 'love' with that deal.

C's do get better bigs but we've waited over 2 years to have Utah Hayward playing for us and he was a major factor in our great start to the season.  no desire to disrupt the team chemistry for a couple of players that may not make us better on the court even if it looks like they should on paper.

call that the Kyrie factor
The team has played very well without Hayward though.  Love and Thompson allow Tatum and Brown more time at their more natural spots.  The rebounding improves significantly in that trade.  Thompson provides some interior toughness the team lacks and Love is a prototypical stretch 4 offensively, while still be an excellent rebounder.

I think that team makes Boston more balanced and better positioned to win this season, without affecting the future in any meaningful way
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2019, 08:44:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Our offense hasn't been nearly as good without Hayward. And I'm not convinced Love adds what this team is missing (passing and playmaking) without him. I know we're small at the 4 but we already get good enough spacing from our wings playing up.

Woj referenced past Boston interest in Love, I'm hoping we've moved on from that.

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2019, 09:07:42 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I’m hoping love goes to Toronto . This would mean gasol or ibaka are going to Cavs and will be bought out

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2019, 09:33:32 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
We already have Hayward who gives us essentially what kevin love would...but with better defense.

I dont get the desire to move smart for him either. Smart is the engine of this team.

Hopefully the ship has sailed on Kevin Love. Some team who feels they are missing that "extra scorer" will trade for him.

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2019, 10:09:46 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'd love Love but no way in hell do we gut our roster or get rid of Hayward for Love.  Sorry, but I think Woj is full of Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. and just looking for clicks.

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2019, 10:32:40 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
If you're Danny Ainge do you send someone to Hayward's house to help him pack his bags?

With the awesome chemistry and vibe this team has right now; in the words of a famous philosopher - Are you kidding me?

With Hayward back, this team will be a tough out.  Including Hayward, we have 4 legit scoring threats who can basically create their own shot.  With Hayward back, we basically have 3 playmakers (including Smart).   Cs will be a team to be reckon with.

Now, do we have weaknesses? well yes.  Who doesn't....

Houston and Milwaukee are basically a one man gang
Lakers are an injury away (AD fragile body, LBJ age) from disaster
LAC probably know by now KLeornard issues are chronic.
Phily chemistry is awful, might self-distruct
Denver and Toronto have more weaknesses/holes than anyone care to admit.

...yeah, I think we are right there.  It won't be easy to get passed Gianis and Embid; but they will have to guard our BIG 4 as well...and heck, if we get passed Gianis, we'll probably have the formula to get passed Anthony Davis.

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2019, 10:49:02 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think Portland is still the team to watch thinking about it. I don't see Toronto committing to the future salary of Love given what they have in Ibaka/Gasol on expirings.

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2019, 11:01:46 AM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 89
For all The handwringing that we lack a big to defend against Embiid, Giannis and KAT; which I get because we do, none of the proposed trades for Love or Griffin will bring a big that can defend against Embiid, Giannis or KAT.

Griffin got destroyed by Giannis the other night. He had to respond with bullying Giannis because he couldn’t stay in front of him, and that failed too. Griffin can’t stop Embiid or KAT either.

Love’s defense on those 3 is even worse! He can probably slow down Robin Lopez at this point, maybe Mason Plumlee, but that’s about it, and what he can provide on offense is less than what Hayward does.   

Sure, find a big, but Kevin Love is NOT the answer.