Author Topic: Hall or Seguin?  (Read 4978 times)

Hall or Seguin?
« on: June 01, 2010, 10:37:58 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
So Taylor Hall just won his second straight Memorial Cup, and his second straight Memorial Cup MVP.  Did he just play his way out of any chance of sliding the the B's? 

Is Seguin the more well-rounded player, and will the Oilers take the talented center, despite Hall's accomplishments in Juniors?

Is Hall the best fit for the B's because he plays the wing, and is an absolute sniper to pair with one of the centers they already have?  Or should they be hoping the more complete player, who many have described as a young Steve Yzerman slips to them?

With another couple days before the C's take on the Lakers in game 1, how about some good old fashioned NHL draft talk?

Re: Hall or Seguin?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:47:09 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm happy with either of them.

I'd probably rather have Hall, because I think he'd help our offense more right away.  However, Seguin is a center, and generally, if you have the choice between a great center and a great wing, you take the center.

So, like I said, we really can't lose here.  I think the Bruins would take Hall #1, but I have a feeling that Edmonton might like Seguin better (again, due to him playing center.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:06:47 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I rather have Hall as he is the more easy fit and probably the more dynamic scorer. But either one will be great.  Seguin can easily move to wing assuming the B's top three centers return next year and he's probably the better all around player.  Both are great players and should be difference makers in the NHL. 

I can't see the Oilers passing on Hall. He's been projected as the number one pick in this draft for years and he's done nothing to show that he's not worthy.  I guess Edmonton could go for need and draft the center.  Either way Boston is gonna get a hell of a player. 

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 01:40:14 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I've been a Hall guy, but am shifting now to Seguin.  I think he is going to be the better overall player and the fact he can go C or W is great.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 07:03:33 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
We're about to find out.  NHL Draft is on Vs. right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 07:18:26 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Taylor Hall to the Oilers so it looks like the Bruins end up with Tyler Seguin. 

That's fine with me.  I don't think you could really go wrong with either. (Of course, they said that with Manning/Leaf  :P ).

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
Taylor Hall to the Oilers so it looks like the Bruins end up with Tyler Seguin. 

That's fine with me.  I don't think you could really go wrong with either. (Of course, they said that with Manning/Leaf  :P ).

nice comparison.  how many are there? 

durant/oden?  beldsoe/mirer? 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »

Offline cavman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
Just looking at them side by side, Sequin looks like the intense, Alpha Dog while Hall ... not so much.

Yep, totally subjective. 
"The most important thing is the ability to communicate.  It's not how much you know.  It's how you communicate what you know."  Red

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 07:57:37 PM »

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
I wish the NBA draft was more like the NHL. The appearance of transparency in the way it's run it is a breath of fresh air. In the NHL  everyone is there who is in charge you see them milling about, doing their jobs to make their team better. The NBA draft comes off as a shady backroom deals. With Stearn snailing his way out from behind the curtain (slime trail and all) with a card in his hand. In the NHL the GM's walk from their table to the podium and make the pick. It truely is a wonderful event. NBA pay attention please.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:36:02 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
this might not be over.  the b's have been hankering over hall since they got #2.  they just might try to package seguin to the oilers with players to get hall.  i hope not.  hall has been ranked this high for years.  seguin has been improving and steadily climbing.  i'll take that!