Author Topic: Bruins 2009 - 2010 Season  (Read 25943 times)

Re: Bruins 2009 - 2010 Season
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Matt Cooke should be removed from the NHL ... I can't believe that the Bruins didn't take revenge for that shot to Marc Savard ... the guy has a grade two concussion, severe headaches, and can not remember anything around the time of the hit, (he's lucky it wasn't much worse). Cooke has always been a jerk and a dirty player, and that kind of crap has nothing to do with good hockey. Disgraceful.

i was upset about the cheap shot, but i think i was more upset of the lack of retaliation.  what happened to the big bad bruins?  :(  should have been a bullseye on cooke or even better, drop the gloves!

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Matt Cooke should be removed from the NHL ... I can't believe that the Bruins didn't take revenge for that shot to Marc Savard ... the guy has a grade two concussion, severe headaches, and can not remember anything around the time of the hit, (he's lucky it wasn't much worse). Cooke has always been a jerk and a dirty player, and that kind of crap has nothing to do with good hockey. Disgraceful.

i was upset about the cheap shot, but i think i was more upset of the lack of retaliation.  what happened to the big bad bruins?  :(  should have been a bullseye on cooke or even better, drop the gloves!

I agree.  Obviously, the cheap shot is angering but the seeming lack of retaliation from the Bruins is troubling to me.  Maybe its just today's NHL and the way the game has evolved but sometimes you need a Terry O'Reilly, Jay Miller, Lyndon Byers, etc... going after the guy or one of their offensive stalwarts. 

That's the old school Bruins that so many of us remember fondly. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »

Offline Meds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6

I agree.  Obviously, the cheap shot is angering but the seeming lack of retaliation from the Bruins is troubling to me.  Maybe its just today's NHL and the way the game has evolved but sometimes you need a Terry O'Reilly, Jay Miller, Lyndon Byers, etc... going after the guy or one of their offensive stalwarts. 

You see Lyndon Byers talking about the hit, he was irate. How do you have your 4 most physical players (Chara,Lucic,Thornton,Begin)on the ice against Cook and no one does anything? Maybe the Bruins biggest need isn't goal scoring, maybe they need to get that swagger back in order to start finding the net. 

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 03:31:55 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

You see Lyndon Byers talking about the hit, he was irate. How do you have your 4 most physical players (Chara,Lucic,Thornton,Begin)on the ice against Cook and no one does anything? Maybe the Bruins biggest need isn't goal scoring, maybe they need to get that swagger back in order to start finding the net. 

If tomorrow's, (today's, technically), game goes without some kind of retaliation, I will boycott the rest of the season ... this should be a very good, physical game.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 03:43:54 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 05:27:34 AM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/528/campbell-keep-things-civil

The NHL is in bed with the Penguins. Can't wait for the long @$$ suspension for a half as lethal hit by our team...If Campbell wanted to keep it civil, than he should have suspended Cooke through this game. What a moron.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 05:36:54 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/528/campbell-keep-things-civil

The NHL is in bed with the Penguins. Can't wait for the long @$$ suspension for a half as lethal hit by our team...If Campbell wanted to keep it civil, than he should have suspended Cooke through this game. What a moron.

Unreal ... well, it's GOT to happen or these guys will never live it down. In a mediocre season they can not afford to carry the yoke of a "less-than-aggressive" team, in ANY respect. The repercussions they'll live with, but this has to be taken care of ... on the ICE. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
man i can't wait for this game!

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 02:21:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
i think if multiple suspensions were handed out to b's players, they will gain a ton of respect from fans.  knowing the higher ups of the nhl will be there and are looking to discipline retaliation, makes it more badass if people still lay the hammer down.

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
i don't know how the NHL can bring the hammer down after it was they, who looked the other way on Cooke.  It would look extremely bad for them to be so blatantly hypocritical.  they would lose all respect from the NHLPA

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 04:17:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
i don't know how the NHL can bring the hammer down after it was they, who looked the other way on Cooke.  It would look extremely bad for them to be so blatantly hypocritical.  they would lose all respect from the NHLPA

why else would they be in attendance.  not to mention its pittsburgh we are talking about...the darlings of the nhl

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 01:03:32 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
i can't say i was satisfied with the outcome last night.  we should have at least drew some blood after they went down 3.

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
i can't say i was satisfied with the outcome last night.  we should have at least drew some blood after they went down 3.

i agree about feeling let down.  after thorton dropped the gloves as soon as cooke stepped on the ice, the fans were fired up.  although thorton got a 10min, the team looked fired up and played well in the first.  they were down 1-0 at the end of the first, but they outplayed pittsburgh, hit the post twice, and controled the period.

after that, it was a let down :(

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 03:08:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Cam Neely on WEEI sounded like he just came from his best buddy's funeral.
Yup

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

he has sounded that way for a while now.  he has the old school mentality and this team and all of its parts appears to be eating away at him

anything newsworthy that he said during the interview?

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

he has sounded that way for a while now.  he has the old school mentality and this team and all of its parts appears to be eating away at him

anything newsworthy that he said during the interview?

I didn't catch the end of it, but he eluded to a misjudgment by management in the importance of "locker room presence" compared with talent.  When pressed to name names, he came up with Axelson as an example of a guy who was great presence, who they let go in favor of talent.
Yup