Author Topic: Woj: Bucks acquire George Hill  (Read 3979 times)

Re: Woj: Bucks acquire George Hill
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Interesting fact:

Hill can't be traded in combination with another player until February 6th; the trade deadline is February 7th

Bucks are leaving themselves with the flexibility to make a big move later this season. Hill's $2M buyout next year makes him a great potential matching asset for a trade for a star.

Not quite accurate.  Hill cannot have his salary aggregated with another player's salary to trade for a more expensive player.  He can be traded with other players, though.

On a more general note, I don't actually think this trade is going to have much on-court impact for Milwaukee.  Hill is okay, but seems to only do well in low pressure situations lately.  Everyone thought he was going to be a big help for the Cavs last season, and he didn't do squat for them.
Ty Lue is a such a terrible coach, who the hell knows if he might have actually been useful with a good coach in Cleveland. 

Sure, I suppose that's possible.  Can't deny Lue was nothing more than a 'yes man' for LeBron, and completely incapable of game planning or maximizing the talent of his role players.

Re: Woj: Bucks acquire George Hill
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2018, 04:03:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Interesting fact:

Hill can't be traded in combination with another player until February 6th; the trade deadline is February 7th

Bucks are leaving themselves with the flexibility to make a big move later this season. Hill's $2M buyout next year makes him a great potential matching asset for a trade for a star.

Not quite accurate.  Hill cannot have his salary aggregated with another player's salary to trade for a more expensive player.  He can be traded with other players, though.

On a more general note, I don't actually think this trade is going to have much on-court impact for Milwaukee.  Hill is okay, but seems to only do well in low pressure situations lately.  Everyone thought he was going to be a big help for the Cavs last season, and he didn't do squat for them.
Ty Lue is a such a terrible coach, who the hell knows if he might have actually been useful with a good coach in Cleveland. 

Sure, I suppose that's possible.  Can't deny Lue was nothing more than a 'yes man' for LeBron, and completely incapable of game planning or maximizing the talent of his role players.
I mean look at Hood.  Went from 3rd player numbers in Utah to a complete non-factor in Cleveland under Lue.  This year he isn't quite back to 3rd player numbers, but is also a much larger factor with improved efficiency.  I mean look at the Warrior series.  Hood barely played the 1st 2 games, but was actually pretty effective in games 3 and 4 and added a dimension that team needed i.e. a guy that could actually create a shot for himself with the size to make Thompson actually have to work defensively. 

Lue is just such an awful coach it is hard to gauge anything that happened in Cleveland other than James was just that good.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip