Author Topic: Woj: Bucks acquire George Hill  (Read 3990 times)

Woj: Bucks acquire George Hill
« on: December 07, 2018, 06:03:53 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Milwaukee is sending Dellavedova, John Henson and a first-round and future second-round pick to Cavs for George Hill, league source tells ESPN.

Milwaukee picks to Cleveland -- the first and second rounders -- are in 2021.

Cleveland is also trading Sam Dekker in the deal to Milwaukee, league sources tell ESPN. Milwaukee will save $18M in salary in the 2019-20 season with the trade, which allows them flexibility to continue to upgrade roster.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1071175424888180736
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1071176133431967744
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1071177724268568577

Protections on MIL 1st going to CLE, per sources: 1-14 in 2021; 1-10 in 2022; 1-10 and 25-30 in 2023; 1-8 in 2024. Coverts to two seconds in 2025 if not conveyed by then.

The Bucks owe Phoenix a 2019 first-round pick protected 1-7 and 17-30 via Bledsoe trade, so Bucks will trade Cleveland their first-round pick two years after that one conveys to the Suns -- with the protections going in this order.

https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/1071183888540680198?s=21
https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/1071185384304992257?s=21
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:49:00 PM by rondofan1255 »

Re: Woj: Bucks acquire George Hill
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 06:37:00 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
[dang] first rounder and second round for George Hill lol. I know they wanted to clear cap space but Hill is worth a second rounder at best lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Good trade.  Provides another solid backcourt shooter to put in lineups around Giannis.  Henson isn't much of a loss for them.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Gives them enough cap room in 2019-20 to sign Kevin Durant (or Klay, or Butler/Kawhi if they opt out)>

Meanwhile adds another veteran for a playoff run this year.

Seems worth a 1st rounder if that's the overall plan to get a Big 2 going with Giannis.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 07:56:15 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
looked like a lot to me too but oh well, maybe sometimes you gotta go a lil bigger when you think your team is only a touch away from being a contender. now they can add another guy during buyouts. probably also want to keep Giannis happy, his contract is new but that doesn't stop these guys from finding a way out.

I may not agree with how close they think they are but I understand why they would do it. 
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
So this is really a salary dump with Hill involved because only 1M of his next season salary is guaranteed.  Are top free agents really going to want to go to Milwaukee?  The problem with protecting a 1st rounder for so many years is it makes future trades harder. 

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
So this is really a salary dump with Hill involved because only 1M of his next season salary is guaranteed.  Are top free agents really going to want to go to Milwaukee?  The problem with protecting a 1st rounder for so many years is it makes future trades harder.

Idk, but boy could you imagine if they figured out a way to land Kawhi to pair with Giannis  :o

I thought MIL could have traded for Kawhi this past summer with Middleton, salary + picks but they didn't.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Bucks are legit, Hill helps them

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 09:08:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
That gives the Bucks another naughty 3-point shooter around Giannis. Hill is shooting 46% from three. They also have Middleton shooting 42% from three and having an all-star season. They have Brogdon shooting 49% from three. Both Lopez and Bledsoe are shooting a respectable 36% from three.

Bucks are looking more and more like what we expected Boston to look like... just a team full of competent 3-point shooters. Yeah, Giannis isn't a shooter, but if you were trying to build a team around an MVP candidate like him, this is what it would look like. They also made a massive coaching upgrade.

All those things combined is why they are one of 4 teams (along with Boston, the Raptors and Sixers) that will be fighting tooth and nail to make the conference Finals. Looking forward to seeing how we stack up with them on December 21st.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 09:13:12 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
We ate George Hill alive in the playoffs last year. This move probably helps them a bit, but Hill doesn't scare me much.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 09:31:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bucks get Jason Smith in this deal too.

That concerns me a lot more.

A big  Who can stretch the floor would be a big factor for them .

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 09:37:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Bucks are selling a protected 1st for an upgrade in talent and $18 million in cap space, and fans think they might have overpaid?

This is a no-brainer for Milwaukee.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 09:44:09 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The Bucks are selling a protected 1st for an upgrade in talent and $18 million in cap space, and fans think they might have overpaid?

This is a no-brainer for Milwaukee.
Cap space is probably used to bring back Middleton, Bledsoe, and Brogdon, but it allows them to keep the main rotation intact so probably a plus in that regard.  This trade does make them better this year as well, which is likely the main purpose at this point.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 01:19:13 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
That gives the Bucks another naughty 3-point shooter around Giannis. Hill is shooting 46% from three. They also have Middleton shooting 42% from three and having an all-star season. They have Brogdon shooting 49% from three. Both Lopez and Bledsoe are shooting a respectable 36% from three.

Bucks are looking more and more like what we expected Boston to look like... just a team full of competent 3-point shooters. Yeah, Giannis isn't a shooter, but if you were trying to build a team around an MVP candidate like him, this is what it would look like. They also made a massive coaching upgrade.

All those things combined is why they are one of 4 teams (along with Boston, the Raptors and Sixers) that will be fighting tooth and nail to make the conference Finals. Looking forward to seeing how we stack up with them on December 21st.

If LeBron was still in the East, he would not stand a chance against four powerhouse teams in the East.

He was smart to move West.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 01:39:30 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Salary dump with the best player being the injured Henson. Hill and Smith can shoot the 3, but they can't play D anymore. Here's the player comps for the year - Henson had a +9 net rating vs -2 for Hill and -5 for Smith:

http://bkref.com/tiny/u7WBz

This doesn't move the needle in the near turn despite the handwringers above. Bucks are a better team with the depth they added before this, however. Given the cap room they opened for a 1st not likely to convey for a while, it's a decent deal for the Bucks.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:37:05 AM by colincb »