Author Topic: Ron Artest is just hilarious  (Read 5280 times)

Re: Ron Artest is just hilarious
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 06:01:17 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
It didn't appear to me that he threw the shoe into the stands..the commentator was a little off. Looked to me like he just threw it near the basket.
I agree. It looked like he through it out of bounds on the baseline.

I really don't care if he did it for a competitive advantage or not. If anything is on the floor other than a player, a ref, or the ball, you get it off the court.

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 06:16:51 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
No biggie in my opinion.  Tie your shoe better.  He just tossed it off the court (we can only speculate if it was good intentioned or not).

Now, do I think Ron Artest is wacko regardless?  Um, yeah.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 07:40:18 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu1zMV5j0fo&feature=player_embedded

He's the craziest, funniest, speechless guy of the decade. I just can't stop laughing...

He coldly tossed Ariza's shoe into the stands... the guy he replaced at LA!!!

And Ariza's face... like, "This guy's hopeless"

TP to the OP. Great thread and view on what happened. Any Celtic would have done the same thing. Except KG...he would have junked it up the other side of the court...Eddie House would have picked it up and tried to shoot it with a hand in his face...and Sheed would have swapped it for his left shoe, then jacked up another 3 pointer
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 07:51:23 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Not that funny... just a d1ck move. What's funny about being that salty.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 07:56:24 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i hate artest, but i admit, that was humorous, especially bc he hit the 3 on the next trip down.  it was a classless move, but i cant fault him for trying to gain an advantage.  ariza should tie his shoe tighter/better.

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 08:21:27 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Isn't there an NBA equivalent for "unsportmanlike conduct?"  Deliberately tossing a guy's shoe away like that ought to be a technical foul.  It's not even old-school, it's just classless, a joke.
Someone can get hurt with a shoe on the court. I have no problem with him clearing it out.

I suppose he could hold it up and ask, "excuse me, is anyone missing a shoe?"

How do high tops come off anyway? I've never had that happen in my life. If you chose to wear shoes loose or wear low tops, that is your problem. Rondo is it uber-tool when it comes to shoes falling off.

It looks like Artest stepped on his shoe but never let up and Ariza tried to move and the shoes came off.  Ariza tried to grab the shoe but Artest moved it away then threw out of bounds.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
It didn't appear to me that he threw the shoe into the stands..the commentator was a little off. Looked to me like he just threw it near the basket.

I really don't care if he did it for a competitive advantage or not. If anything is on the floor other than a player, a ref, or the ball, you get it off the court.
Yeah, but the symbolism is just unique.

He throws Ariza's shoe out of the court like he "threw" him (indirectly) out of LA!
And he coldly proceeds to drain the three... without his defender (yes, Trevor Ariza!!)

Life without Ron Ron would be boring.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 11:21:16 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Rondo better bring spare pair of shoes when we play LA.
The best shoe incident was when Bill Walton lost his shoe and when someone took a shot, he threw his shoe at the ball to try to block the shot.  Classic.

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 11:24:09 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Yeah, but the symbolism is just unique.

He throws Ariza's shoe out of the court like he "threw" him (indirectly) out of LA!
And he coldly proceeds to drain the three... without his defender (yes, Trevor Ariza!!)

Life without Ron Ron would be boring.

True about life without Ron Ron...one of many reasons why I hope (and believe) that LA and Boston make it to Finals..can you imagine the subplot between him and Pierce? Would he try to pull his shorts down again? Imagine a Seven Game series with him.

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Isn't there an NBA equivalent for "unsportmanlike conduct?"  Deliberately tossing a guy's shoe away like that ought to be a technical foul.  It's not even old-school, it's just classless, a joke.
Someone can get hurt with a shoe on the court. I have no problem with him clearing it out.

I suppose he could hold it up and ask, "excuse me, is anyone missing a shoe?"

How do high tops come off anyway? I've never had that happen in my life. If you chose to wear shoes loose or wear low tops, that is your problem. Rondo is it uber-tool when it comes to shoes falling off.

It looks like Artest stepped on his shoe but never let up and Ariza tried to move and the shoes came off.  Ariza tried to grab the shoe but Artest moved it away then threw out of bounds.

Yeah he grabs it away from Ariza's reaching hand and tosses it. The Lakers still lose!

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2009, 12:47:52 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
If KG did this, everybody would love it. Sometimes, we need to measure players on other teams by the measuring stick we use for our own players. Such was the case here. I still don't like Artest, though.