Author Topic: Chad Ford mock has Celtics 4th worst...So who do we draft in 2015 w/ top 5 pick?  (Read 17964 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Chad Ford just released his first mock draft for 2015, and had us finishing 4th worst.
So.....
If we finish bottom 5 in the NBA this upcoming season, what players do you want the Celtics to draft the most in 2015? For fun, we'll also include our picks from Clippers pick.

Our own 2015 pick (speculating that we get a top 5 pick)

Players I like so far
1) Jahlil Okafor- very skilled, quick footed, quick handed, huge center
2) Emmanual Muiday- point guard- like John Wall but with better shooting (although streaky)
3) Karl Towns-Point forward /Center- the black Dirk Nowitzki. 7 foot 1 monster with point guard ball skills and very good shooting. Potential Hall of Famer if it somehow comes altogether for him.
4) Stanley Johnson- SF- Hard working kid who's built and improved his game the hard way, very strong overall game, weaknesses slowly disappearing.
5) Kelly Oubre- SG- Very talented, gifted athlete and body control/opponent manipulation skills ala Rondo and Pierce. Very good shooter with dribble drive game and strong finishing ability.
Could be the best shooting guard in the league one day.

Clippers pick: (ends up between pick #25-30)

Chris Walker- SF- freakish athlete- once in a generational athlete like Andrew Wiggins, or Gerald Green... but more length, strength and co-ordination than other 6 foot 10 wing monsters like. Excellent instincts and smooth finishing ability.

Some footage-keep in mind these are streetball clips often against no defense.'Grain of salt' viewing if you will....

So who do you like the look of so far? And have you been watching them long or only from the vids below?

EMMANUAL MUIDAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i996DYquAAQ

KELLY OUBRE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td98FhgpAAU

KARL TOWNS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPf5NrGYDc

JAHLIL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOdv6nhrn68

STANLEY JOHNSON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9lEBEkeLDE

CHRIS WALKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-XrdqQYco
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I hope we compete to make playoffs next year, but if we do suck again next year and be another lotto team, I want me some Okafor

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Karl Towns is the guy I'm most curious about.  He has great size, good athleticism, and has some impressive skills.

Offline Stizz44

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Hoping, praying that we trade the pick!

But I'd go for Carl Towns if we kept it.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I hope we can work a way to getting Kevin Durant.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Okafor and Towns are the two guys that Boston should hope like hell they have a shot at.  Both are big time center prospects and those don't grow on trees.  If Boston is a bottom 4 team, anything but Okafor or Towns I would consider a bust.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
most of these youtube highlights are useless. it's great that these guys can dunk, but I kind of assumed that going in. that and most of focused players in each clip are the recipients of a better pass than anything(specifically towns).

the only one that stuck out to me really was Stanley Johnson. he doesn't seem shy. he looks like what marshon brooks should have been. 

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Okafor and Towns
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Of the players that you mentioned I'd be all for Kelly Oubre. Legit scorer who can change speeds, hit set shots and throw down when the time call's for it.

However I think I'd look at two players that you didn't mention first. Cliff Alexander is a physical specimen who hate's the rim and offers a skill set like no one on this roster. More of a PF than a C right now but is too massive to pass up IMO.

Myles Turner might be a trade back candidate. Legit center size, great shot blocking instincts, currently projected around 14 but I could easily see that rising over other's like Caulie Stein and Kristpas Porzingis.

Neither of these players are necessarily "Stevens guys" but they offer he size and athleticism that this roster needs.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Of the players that you mentioned I'd be all for Kelly Oubre. Legit scorer who can change speeds, hit set shots and throw down when the time call's for it.

However I think I'd look at two players that you didn't mention first. Cliff Alexander is a physical specimen who hate's the rim and offers a skill set like no one on this roster. More of a PF than a C right now but is too massive to pass up IMO.

Myles Turner might be a trade back candidate. Legit center size, great shot blocking instincts, currently projected around 14 but I could easily see that rising over other's like Caulie Stein and Kristpas Porzingis.

Neither of these players are necessarily "Stevens guys" but they offer he size and athleticism that this roster needs.

Cliff's size worries me like Thomas Robinson college bully wise.
Turner looks like he's 10 years older every time I watch him.
Could be all stars, could be 3rd stringers in the NBA...
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Okafors defense needs work. Towns needs to get into better shape but there is massive potential.

Worse case danny picks cauley stein (who was smart to go back to school) and or hollis-jefferson. Love how rhj plays

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23

Sadly, no team has the assets to get KD. He's untouchable, he basically is Oklahoma City.

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23

Sadly, no team has the assets to get KD. He's untouchable, he basically is Oklahoma City.

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Karl Towns is the guy I'm most curious about.  He has great size, good athleticism, and has some impressive skills.

I love the look of his hook shot. He seems to extend really high with it and fight well with his free hand to get that release point. Not a lot of guys can do that.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Likely we lose draft spots to at least two lottery winning teams because that is Cs luck. So mock prospects 3-9 not 1-5.

I'm keeping an eye out for UNC's  Brice Johnson. With good work and more leadership probably a lottery pick.