Author Topic: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie  (Read 46065 times)

Re: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2017, 11:12:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833521100202135552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Other teams with interest in a Cousins deal are no longer getting calls returned from Kings management tonight, sources tell @TheVertical.

I'm starting to think a lot of this is a big smokescreen trying to get Danny to cough up more. All of this happened pretty fast, and to now be supposedly turning down offers for better ones elsewhere and not taking calls? Yeah, sounds like they're trying to pry more out of somebody.

Still strange that this is going on right now with three and a half more days before the deadline.

Or, since it's Vlade, he may just be incompetent. Chris Wallace famously didn't shop Pau Gasol around.

Surely they're not THAT incompetent. This would be like the most impulsive trade ever completed... on All Star Sunday... three and a half days before the deadline... with not every interested team able to give their best offer lol This would be the crown jewel of the Sacramento Kings dysfunction if so.

« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2017, 11:12:51 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833521100202135552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Other teams with interest in a Cousins deal are no longer getting calls returned from Kings management tonight, sources tell @TheVertical.

I'm starting to think a lot of this is a big smokescreen trying to get Danny to cough up more. All of this happened pretty fast, and to now be supposedly turning down offers for better ones elsewhere and not taking calls? Yeah, sounds like they're trying to pry more out of somebody.

Still strange that this is going on right now with three and a half more days before the deadline.

I'm starting to get really concerned about how you might take a DMC a trade to another team, lol.

Nah, Roy can handle the inevitable legal ramifications of his breakdown (go nuts in Maine only, jp), and I can provide mediocre psychotherapy.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2017, 11:13:31 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
does bulpett have good sources? just asking?

« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2017, 11:13:40 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
This is probably the fastest thread I've seen here on CBlog LOL.

Even the game threads don't often go this fast.

One minute it's on page 8, the next it's on page 12 LOL.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2017, 11:13:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

I'm starting to get really concerned about how you might take a DMC a trade to another team, lol.

Lol. I have spent a lot of time watching Kings games the last two years waiting on a Boogie trade. It would be a significant disappointment, especially given that we can legitimately nearly double any offer that other teams make.

« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2017, 11:14:26 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
We need to strike right now.  If their asking price isn't insane, DA has to pull the trigger.  If he has read Roy H's posts over the past two years, I think this deal is done.

Tomorrow will be a day of celebrating, fellas.  I'm imbibing alcohol in T minus 5 mins.

Lol. That's my dream. To talk Danny into a DMC trade.

If you're reading this, Danny, I'm offer free Chipotle for a year and 10 free hours of legal work in Maine if you pull this off.

Completely irrelevant question, are you footing the bill for Chipotle (in which case, why Chipotle) or do you have a hook up?

It would be out of pocket.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/14625001/if-your-looking-danny-ainge-there-one-place-sure-find-him

Haha, thanks.  In this case, I'll add a second year.

« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2017, 11:14:33 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Any guesses as to what the offers are? Maybe something from Portland built around CJ McCollum and their picks this year?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2017, 11:15:46 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Or, since it's Vlade, he may just be incompetent. Chris Wallace famously didn't shop Pau Gasol around.

Or Vlade has a very early bedtime. 

« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2017, 11:16:41 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Sources: Divac delivered to owner Sunday what front office believes are two best Cousins trade proposals. Of course, @Vivek has final say.

Woj

LOL! Three and a half days before the deadline they're saying this? lol

Alright, this is clearly becoming a ploy to get Danny to pay up lol NOBODY moves this freaking early.

Really hoping so... I find it hard to believe trader Danny would just sit this opportunity out

I wouldn't. DA is very risk averse

« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Worst nightmare is he traded to the Lakers for young pieces. I will puke if this happens.

« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2017, 11:18:38 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Sources: Divac delivered to owner Sunday what front office believes are two best Cousins trade proposals. Of course, @Vivek has final say.

Woj

LOL! Three and a half days before the deadline they're saying this? lol

Alright, this is clearly becoming a ploy to get Danny to pay up lol NOBODY moves this freaking early.

Really hoping so... I find it hard to believe trader Danny would just sit this opportunity out

I wouldn't. DA is very risk averse

Hardly.

« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Bulpett just said Celtics weren't one of the teams in on Cousins tonight..

Unless we could steal him, which I doubt, this is the best news I have read all night. Hold strong, Brad and Danny.

Yeah, why trade for a 26 year old All-NBA big man?
Ask our coach. I value his opinion above yours. As does our GM.

Never understood your love for this guy. Out of character.

« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2017, 11:19:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Worst nightmare is he traded to the Lakers for young pieces. I will puke if this happens.

Definitely think the Lakers could be in play.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2017, 11:20:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/Nick_Sciria/status/833521243689205760

.@WojVerticalNBA The Boston Celtics have been eliminated because Danny Ainge is unwilling to include Terry Rozier in the deal.

(I'm taking this as a joke - don't freak out lol)

« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2017, 11:20:58 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
"Cousins Traded For Hield And Two Future Firsts"

-- Our Nightmare We Wake Up To Sometime This Week

My nightmare would be Cousins being dealt to an Eastern team:

Knicks for a package around Porzingis/Hernangomez?

Philly for Okafor plus Noel plus their '17first plus Lakers pick?

Miami for Whiteside And Dragic?

Orlando for Vucevic, Gordon, Hezonja?