Author Topic: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie  (Read 46067 times)

Re: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2017, 11:05:06 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
This tweet by Mannix is great news.  They're asking for exactly what we have to give up.

Chris Mannix‏ @ChrisMannixYS

Kings have not been seeking equal value in Cousins deal, source tells @TheVertical. Young talent, draft picks, expiring contracts primarily.
10:46 PM · Feb 19, 2017

Seriously.  Expirings?  We have $17M in Amir and Jerebko.  Picks?  We have the best odds at the #1 this year, and we have several firsts next year.  Take all the second rounders you want in the meantime.  Young talent?  We have Bradley, Olynyk, Crowder, Brown, Smart; I'd be very reluctant to trade Brown or Smart right now, but I'd do it if the rest of the deal was still reasonably fair. 

If Boston can't get this done, it's because one or both sides don't really want to - either Boston isn't interested or Sacramento is asking for the world.  But if both sides are serious, Boston should be able to beat any reasonable offer.

« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2017, 11:05:06 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Cousins is better than George. He's better than Butler. Better than Hayward. He's clearly better than anyone on the Celtics. He's better than what the no. 1 picks in 2017 and 2018 are likely to be.

If the Kings want to obviously rip him off, like the Bulls allegedly did last summer, than so be it. But if not, I don't see why Ainge wouldn't want him.

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2017, 11:05:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Bulpett just said Celtics weren't one of the teams in on Cousins tonight..

Unless we could steal him, which I doubt, this is the best news I have read all night. Hold strong, Brad and Danny.

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2017, 11:05:42 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
We need to strike right now.  If their asking price isn't insane, DA has to pull the trigger.  If he has read Roy H's posts over the past two years, I think this deal is done.

Tomorrow will be a day of celebrating, fellas.  I'm imbibing alcohol in T minus 5 mins.

Lol. That's my dream. To talk Danny into a DMC trade.

If you're reading this, Danny, I'm offer free Chipotle for a year and 10 free hours of legal work in Maine if you pull this off.

Completely irrelevant question, are you footing the bill for Chipotle (in which case, why Chipotle) or do you have a hook up?

In 4 info
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2017, 11:05:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Sources: Divac delivered to owner Sunday what front office believes are two best Cousins trade proposals. Of course, @Vivek has final say.

Woj

« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2017, 11:06:00 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Do it Danny!

« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2017, 11:06:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We need to strike right now.  If their asking price isn't insane, DA has to pull the trigger.  If he has read Roy H's posts over the past two years, I think this deal is done.

Tomorrow will be a day of celebrating, fellas.  I'm imbibing alcohol in T minus 5 mins.

Lol. That's my dream. To talk Danny into a DMC trade.

If you're reading this, Danny, I'm offer free Chipotle for a year and 10 free hours of legal work in Maine if you pull this off.

Completely irrelevant question, are you footing the bill for Chipotle (in which case, why Chipotle) or do you have a hook up?

It would be out of pocket.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/14625001/if-your-looking-danny-ainge-there-one-place-sure-find-him

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2017, 11:07:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833521100202135552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Other teams with interest in a Cousins deal are no longer getting calls returned from Kings management tonight, sources tell @TheVertical.

I'm starting to think a lot of this is a big smokescreen trying to get Danny to cough up more. All of this happened pretty fast, and to now be supposedly turning down offers for better ones elsewhere and not taking calls? Yeah, sounds like they're trying to pry more out of somebody.

Still strange that this is going on right now with three and a half more days before the deadline.

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2017, 11:07:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Bulpett just said Celtics weren't one of the teams in on Cousins tonight..

Unless we could steal him, which I doubt, this is the best news I have read all night. Hold strong, Brad and Danny.

Yeah, why trade for a 26 year old All-NBA big man?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2017, 11:08:54 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
jesus,  is Cousins really going to get dealt with out the Celtics making an offer?   

« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2017, 11:09:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833521100202135552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Other teams with interest in a Cousins deal are no longer getting calls returned from Kings management tonight, sources tell @TheVertical.

I'm starting to think a lot of this is a big smokescreen trying to get Danny to cough up more. All of this happened pretty fast, and to now be supposedly turning down offers for better ones elsewhere and not taking calls? Yeah, sounds like they're trying to pry more out of somebody.

Still strange that this is going on right now with three and a half more days before the deadline.

Or, since it's Vlade, he may just be incompetent. Chris Wallace famously didn't shop Pau Gasol around.

« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2017, 11:09:40 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Sources: Divac delivered to owner Sunday what front office believes are two best Cousins trade proposals. Of course, @Vivek has final say.

Woj

LOL! Three and a half days before the deadline they're saying this? lol

Alright, this is clearly becoming a ploy to get Danny to pay up lol NOBODY moves this freaking early.

« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2017, 11:10:45 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I'm starting to get really concerned about how you might take a DMC a trade to another team, lol.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2017, 11:11:21 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Woj

LOL! Three and a half days before the deadline they're saying this? lol

Alright, this is clearly becoming a ploy to get Danny to pay up lol NOBODY moves this freaking early.

Really hoping so... I find it hard to believe trader Danny would just sit this opportunity out

« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2017, 11:12:22 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2960
  • On To Banner 18!
"Cousins Traded For Hield And Two Future Firsts"

-- Our Nightmare We Wake Up To Sometime This Week

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller