Author Topic: Nice work, guys  (Read 4910 times)

Re: Nice work, guys
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 10:47:04 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Anyone that watched this game and couldn't figure out the outcome is kidding themselves. Hooray Celts, playing up to expectations and talent level. A 500 team. I thought they'd be better, at least 5 or 6th spot but maybe 6 or 7 now. If Bradley comes back and ignites the Team it would be uncharacteristic for a player out so long. he will take 20 games just to get up to NBA speed. He is our only hope of improving. Unless a trade takes place.

Bradley's defensive ability all has to do with his legs/ability to stay in front of guys and shuffle his feet..last I checked his knees/legs are fine.

while it may take awhile for him to regain his offensive form...i'm not to concerned that he wont be able to step in and stay in front of guys at the nba level

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Seems like there is an "anger" thread like this after every loss, no matter how close the game.  The fact is they had multiple chances to win this game and didn't. It was a close game.  Any one of those situations breaks in their favor and they win.

To me, the biggest factor was the turnovers. They have to "value the ball" more. I can accept missed shots.  The defense is coming around. The rebounding seems to be getting better ( thanks to Sully).  They are playing hard. It's just the turnovers that are frustrating and it is killing them.

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 11:50:23 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Seems like there is an "anger" thread like this after every loss, no matter how close the game.  The fact is they had multiple chances to win this game and didn't. It was a close game.  Any one of those situations breaks in their favor and they win.

To me, the biggest factor was the turnovers. They have to "value the ball" more. I can accept missed shots.  The defense is coming around. The rebounding seems to be getting better ( thanks to Sully).  They are playing hard. It's just the turnovers that are frustrating and it is killing them.

Rebounding is getting better, but I believe they allowed 17 offensive rebounds to the Sixers. That and 20 turnovers will lose you most games.

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 12:04:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Green needs to be given a chance to start and see what gives. Or at least he needs to take WAY MORE of Pierces minutes.   

Pierce doen't even need to be NEAR the two spot...he is old and slow and has his pocket picked by every quick guard in the NBA .  He is already throwing the ball away like crazy...the TWO ..NO WAY.

Pierce has been eating too many biscuts again...he is looking plumper than at the seasons start. ::)

I say play the heck out Green see if we can't get the 38 million out of him , play him into shape and make a monster out of him....he could use some attitude on the court.

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 12:38:06 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Pierce needs to be brought down to about 28minutes like KG is playing...maybe that way he would be more fresh when he comes into the game.

right now he looks tired. and when you have a guy who seems to be able to produce given the minutes. you need to give More to Green/Less to pierce

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 01:50:34 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Rebounding is getting better, but I believe they allowed 17 offensive rebounds to the Sixers. That and 20 turnovers will lose you most games.

17 offensive boards isn't bad when a team misses almost 70 shots. They need to be a little more careful with the ball though.

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 01:58:54 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
i don't know about you guys but i love how we played defense during this game, i just hope we can continue to improve.

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Green played well. He is coming on it seems. I've seen enough of lee. You do not shoot an air ball for the game winning shot. package him with sully and melo /picks for gortat.
NOthing about this season has changed my opinion of Jeff Green... he's our 4th best player.  He's a starting SF and he needs a bigger role.  I'm in favor of starting him at SF and moving Pierce to starting SG... then trading a combo of average bigs/average guards for a legit big man to put next to KG.

Not sure that it wise to start Pierce at the 2.  But I think it may be worth trying as long as Sullinger becomes the starting 4. 

A lineup of KG, Sully, Green, PP and RR should produce offense and should be stronger on the boards than the current starting iteration. They may struggle defensively.  I'd like to hear what people think about Pierce handling 2's -- I think he isn't quick enough and his legs won't be able to handle it in the long-term.

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 02:04:20 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
i don't know about you guys but i love how we played defense during this game, i just hope we can continue to improve.

C's have been steadily improving.  As I said in the game thread, this loss was different.  The turnovers were problematic and consistent with previous performances, but the defense was solid -- especially in the 4th, and offensively we had (and blew) numerous opportunities. 

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Anyone that watched this game and couldn't figure out the outcome is kidding themselves.

After the clock said 0.00, and the scoreboard said 95 Sixers, 94 Celtics, I knew we had no chance to win that basketball game.  Right up until that point, though, I definitely thought it was a winnable contest. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 02:23:06 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Green needs to be given a chance to start and see what gives. Or at least he needs to take WAY MORE of Pierces minutes.   

Pierce doen't even need to be NEAR the two spot...he is old and slow and has his pocket picked by every quick guard in the NBA .  He is already throwing the ball away like crazy...the TWO ..NO WAY.

Pierce has been eating too many biscuts again...he is looking plumper than at the seasons start. ::)

I say play the heck out Green see if we can't get the 38 million out of him , play him into shape and make a monster out of him....he could use some attitude on the court.
yea right bruh he's in shape dis year his shot aint fallin so far he still leadin our team in scorin tho so.......

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 03:45:35 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Oh, this was totally an anger thread, but it was my first of the season, and I think I did pretty well to hold my tongue this long—especially when you consider that I recently got to go to my first Celtics game, and it was that debacle of a performance against Brooklyn. I was committed to being more patient with this team this season, so I remained silent even then.

After watching the end of the Philly game, though, I'd had all I could take. Yes, I see a lot of good—Green is improving, as is the defense—but I see too many repeated mistakes, especially with turnovers.

As a fan, I understand that teams go through growing pains, and various ups and downs, but being a Celtics fan over the last few years has meant getting to see only about two months of good basketball per season, because the whole first half of the regular season is trash, and they love to let each playoff series go at least six games, even against opponents who are clearly inferior. I would so love to see more than two good months of basketball for a change.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
A lineup of KG, Sully, Green, PP and RR should produce offense and should be stronger on the boards than the current starting iteration. They may struggle defensively.  I'd like to hear what people think about Pierce handling 2's -- I think he isn't quick enough and his legs won't be able to handle it in the long-term.

I would prefer a lineup that is stronger defensively but still struggles on the boards to one that is better at rebounding but struggles defensively.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 04:53:33 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Anyone that watched this game and couldn't figure out the outcome is kidding themselves. Hooray Celts, playing up to expectations and talent level. A 500 team. I thought they'd be better, at least 5 or 6th spot but maybe 6 or 7 now. If Bradley comes back and ignites the Team it would be uncharacteristic for a player out so long. he will take 20 games just to get up to NBA speed. He is our only hope of improving. Unless a trade takes place.

I agree AB will help give us a spark, but we still aren't playing up to our abilities as a team.  I disagree that AB is our only hope of improving.  Once the team defense improves and we can become more efficient on offense (ie less than 20 turnovers) we can get a lot better, bradley or no bradley.

The C's obviously have a long way to go.  But guys we are only 19 games into the season.  If we are still playing .500 ball at the all star break, then we can worry.  Obviously, the knicks have had a hot start.  I personally don't think they will end the season with a .778 winning percentage.  We have time to climb back over NY, Brook, and Philly.

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2012, 04:58:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

C's have been steadily improving.  As I said in the game thread, this loss was different.  The turnovers were problematic and consistent with previous performances, but the defense was solid -- especially in the 4th, and offensively we had (and blew) numerous opportunities.
Pretty much, Terry missed 4+ wide open jump shots with his feet set. That's unusual and the KG bunny missed was also bad late.

Honestly our turnovers were only slightly above our average (which isn't good) at 16% compared to 14 percent. The rebounding was more troublesome as they got 27% which isn't good at all.

That turner lay in where Pierce blocked his jump shot and it bounced right to him was annoying...