Author Topic: So are we getting refunds?  (Read 4794 times)

So are we getting refunds?
« on: March 12, 2020, 11:06:38 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
If i see a playoff payment debited from my account this month I am going to have some choice words for the Celtics STM office.

Re: So are we getting refunds?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 02:42:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i d be mad ,  same as stealing in my book .

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 03:08:03 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If i see a playoff payment debited from my account this month I am going to have some choice words for the Celtics STM office.

I would imagine they have to, right? Anything on those tickets that say in event of cancelation there will be no refunds?

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 03:08:12 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm guessing the plan will be crediting STM accounts for any games not played in the regular season & they won't charge people next week for playoffs.

Better question is will they still go through with STM '20-21 renewals next week?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 06:34:30 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Also curious about us STM accounts that have sold most of our future tickets on StubHub.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 04:00:26 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Also curious about us STM accounts that have sold most of our future tickets on StubHub.

I got an email indicating that they would be giving us a refund or a credit.

No idea on resale. I thought about that, as well:

"Tickets that have already been purchased for these games will be honored when the game is rescheduled. If these games are ultimately not played or played in an empty arena, fans who purchased through the Celtics, Ticketmaster, Ticketmaster affiliates, or the TD Garden Box Office will have the option to receive a credit for a future Celtics game or will be refunded"

I have a few other thoughts that I will share after I finish up a call that I am on.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 05:26:32 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
So here are a few other thoughts:

As a STM, my son gets to do the high-five kids tunnel and shootaround after the game. We also used a "perk" to get a tour of the Auerbach Center. Because of the way that the calendar fell, we had scheduled everything for this weekend, with the game activities for the game tonight and the AB Center tour tomorrow.

My season ticket rep is a huge upgrade and reached out to tell me that they weren't doing the high-five kids tunnel. Instead, they were going to do a photo with Lucky and give the kids gift bags, which I thought was a more than fair trade. Unless you're Lucky, of course, who becomes the sacrificial Leprechaun in this situation.

Later, she called to tell me that the AB Center tour was cancelled and promised to reschedule. Again fine.

But here's where I got annoyed: They had no problem cancelling pre-game and post-game activities, as well as a small tour, but they didn't actually cancel the game (That happened later and didn't seem to be up for debate until Gobert.)? I get it, they're in this to make money and cancelling the game cost them a heck of a lot more than cancelling a tour. But they really should have had an answer when I asked them why that was the case.

Overall, they seem to have handled the situation reasonably well, particularly as it pertains to the majority of people.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 07:12:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I was thinking this thread was about tax refunds and it got me thinking.... Surely The IRS isn't taking a break.

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 09:49:30 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I think I read somewhere that they will issue refunds for cancelled games, not for postponed ones.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 12:06:52 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 09:07:38 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Getting charged for another month on my 2020-2021 season tickets.

Anyone know what the latest info is in regards to refunds/rollovers?