Author Topic: The belief that Brown, Tatum, and Hayward will all be on this team next year.  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Unfortunately, Hayward was injured... because he has a skill set that neither Brown or Tatum can compete with.

Gordon is a very good passer, his basketball IQ is superior to both. He's also a solid experienced defender who uses savvy to compete. In a pinch, he can be the main distributor of the ball similar to what Horford does. Pre-injury he scored at a 22.0 point per game clip. He scores in many different ways too.

I don't see how the Celtics could just unload him for pennies on the dollar and then make an offer to another premier free agent and be taken seriously.

TP!  I was also very impressed with Hayward during the 2016 postseason.  He maintained a high level of efficiency as a #1 option when the games counted most.  Hopefully he can turn into the old version of himself by the end of the season, worst case next year.

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
If I recall correctly - Al (and maybe Gordo's) contract expires as Brown and some of the young ones are set to re-up.

To tinker with a completely new team because they have had a slow start (but are still 9-6 after a pretty tough road trip) is how you end up being the Washington Wizards.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

Horford and Brown are up the same time
Hayward and Tatum are up the same time

Horfod won't get a big contact, maybe someth along the blines of Bayens but a little better. No insult to big Al but he should reup for a bench role.  We'll see where Robert Williams is in two years and what next years rookies look like.  We may get a nice big man with the Kings or Grizzlies pick. 

Hayward is younger and could still start, but if we pay Brown that will affect what we can do for Hayward because Tatum is getting a max contract.  Alot depends on Brown's development and Hayward's ability to return to form.

yea Horf will hopefully re-sign for a team friendly deal.

That is a nice failsafe. If we are really really unlucky and Hayward can't get back to at least 80%, we can go with a full youth movement.

If I recall correctly - Al (and maybe Gordo's) contract expires as Brown and some of the young ones are set to re-up.

To tinker with a completely new team because they have had a slow start (but are still 9-6 after a pretty tough road trip) is how you end up being the Washington Wizards.
Thats fine, but it’s not like brown is a max player or anything.  Somlosing Hayward or horford for brown (for example) is a huge downgrade.

20 games ago Brown was taking us neck in neck against the Cleveland Cavaliers. 20 bad games does not a bad player make.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think we all have to accept that Anthony Davis isn't being traded anytime soon. New Orleans loves him. They went deeper into the playoffs last year with him than they had in 20 years. They look to be an obvious playoff team again. And....if AD gets traded he loses his supermax contract that would cost him tens of millions of dollars. Why would he want to be anywhere other than NO where he gets to be in the playoffs and make the most money?

Boston will not be trading for Anthony Davis. No one will be. Davis ilwill be a Pelican for a long time.

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
I think we all have to accept that Anthony Davis isn't being traded anytime soon. New Orleans loves him. They went deeper into the playoffs last year with him than they had in 20 years. They look to be an obvious playoff team again. And....if AD gets traded he loses his supermax contract that would cost him tens of millions of dollars. Why would he want to be anywhere other than NO where he gets to be in the playoffs and make the most money?

Boston will not be trading for Anthony Davis. No one will be. Davis ilwill be a Pelican for a long time.

Disagree totally. Kawhi just gave up his super max, KD has taken discounts , AD is going to want out soon. NOP can’t let a guy that leave for nothing. Players are forcing teams hands right and left now, with Butler being the latest. I’ll be AD gets dealt this summer when he asks out. That’s when we pounce.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I dunno, we never know what's going on behind the scenes at some places. One season turned Kawhi from seeming Spur for life into a Raptor. Crazy things can happen
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 134
Not sure the current roster stays the same this year.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532

Disagree totally. Kawhi just gave up his super max, KD has taken discounts , AD is going to want out soon. NOP can’t let a guy that leave for nothing. Players are forcing teams hands right and left now, with Butler being the latest. I’ll be AD gets dealt this summer when he asks out. That’s when we pounce.
If he does force a move, you assume that Davis will want to come here. Big assumption. Also keep in mind, his agent is now Klutch - i.e. LeBron.