Author Topic: Drama brewing in Oakland?  (Read 5053 times)

Re: Drama brewing in Oakland?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 05:59:03 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
They lost the following year when their 73-9 record blew a 3-1 series lead in the finals.

Because the league tossed out Green and helped Lebron win another one.  I mean I hate both of those teams but that title was a little fishy.

Eh, that series changed the second Bogut got hurt. Lebron was settling for jump shots when Bogut was in there.  As soon as he got hurt, Lebron went into attack mode.  Without a big strong center, nobody stops attack mode Lebron.

And playing the "Green was suspended" game just leads to "Kyrie and Love missed the Finals the year before." The Cavs won that championship, no asterisk.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 06:22:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
They lost the following year when their 73-9 record blew a 3-1 series lead in the finals.

Because the league tossed out Green and helped Lebron win another one.  I mean I hate both of those teams but that title was a little fishy.

Eh, that series changed the second Bogut got hurt. Lebron was settling for jump shots when Bogut was in there.  As soon as he got hurt, Lebron went into attack mode.  Without a big strong center, nobody stops attack mode Lebron.

And playing the "Green was suspended" game just leads to "Kyrie and Love missed the Finals the year before." The Cavs won that championship, no asterisk.
i don’t know why everyone is arguing

The original question (the basis of this thread) was “did Golden State need Durant to beat the Cavs”

The answer is clearly no. If that series was played again, That 73-9 team could have done defeated the Cavs. The Cavs would win the series if played again as well. The winning team would be the result of  a dice roll. Both teams were equally good but golden state didn’t NEED the 2nd best player of basketball in the world added to their roster to defeat the Cavs.

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 06:23:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

The original question (the basis of this thread) was “did Golden State need Durant to beat the Cavs”

The answer is clearly no. If that series was played again, That 73-9 team could have  defeated the Cavs. The Cavs could win the series also as we saw. The winning team would be the result of  a dice roll. Both teams were equally good but golden state didn’t NEED the 2nd best player of basketball in the world added to their roster to defeat the Cavs.

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 07:33:15 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

The answer is clearly no. If that series was played again, That 73-9 team could have done defeated the Cavs. The Cavs would win the series if played again as well. The winning team would be the result of  a dice roll. Both teams were equally good but golden state didn’t NEED the 2nd best player of basketball in the world added to their roster to defeat the Cavs.

They don’t get to the Cavs without Durant.

In this alternate reality, Kawhi doesn’t get hurt in 2017 series.

Truth is, they had major, major help via injuries to opposing threats every year they won. People can hold on to Green missing one game as the sole reason they lost in 2016, but the losses of Kyrie, Kawhi, and CP3 were huge.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2018, 08:53:02 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

They don’t get to the Cavs without Durant.

In this alternate reality, Kawhi doesn’t get hurt in 2017 series.

Truth is, they had major, major help via injuries to opposing threats every year they won. People can hold on to Green missing one game as the sole reason they lost in 2016, but the losses of Kyrie, Kawhi, and CP3 were huge.

And yet basketball fans consider them an unbeatable dynasty.

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2018, 10:57:02 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
December 15 - Brown, Yabusele, Baynes, Rozier for Green and Looney.

Irving/Hayward/Tatum/Green/Horford
Smart/Joe Johnson (vet min.)/Morris/Ojeleye/Theis
Wannamaker/Looney/Williams

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2018, 11:24:59 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
December 15 - Brown, Yabusele, Baynes, Rozier for Green and Looney.

Irving/Hayward/Tatum/Green/Horford
Smart/Joe Johnson (vet min.)/Morris/Ojeleye/Theis
Wannamaker/Looney/Williams

Whoa, that's a lot to give up for someone who could possibly get the super max. Will Dray age well?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:42:51 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different