Author Topic: 2017-18 EPL Season  (Read 54849 times)

Re: 2017-18 EPL Season
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2017, 08:32:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Arsene Wenger:

"Sometimes the best defence is to attack."

also Arsene Wenger:

I will sit Alexandre Lacazette on the bench.

Seriously...
This match has nothing to do on Wenger, the EPL should try to find out whether the ref has gambled on the match.

Yep. Especially that linesman who was sleeping, not calling an offside infraction that resulted in the 3rd goal.

I mean, City pretty much outplayed us regardless, they missed so many chances, this could have been easily 5-1. But still, you cannot be that reckless with your officiating. That just took all momentum (or what's left of it) from us.

Clear offsides on that goal, but he also missed Kolasinac's shove in Sterling's back in the box.  You might have noticed that on the awarded penalty, Monreal never touched the ball despite bowling RS over. 

Arsenal didn't play well enough to win at the Etihad today, but maybe they can get a result in the return fixture at the Emirates.

I'll give you the Kolasinac shove, but the penalty was not a penalty. Sterling RAN towards Monreal and dived. What does Monreal have to do? How will he able to avoid a collision when you're trying to defend and the player literally ran towards you to make contact, and then dive to get the penalty (which he did)?

And Silva was so offside, it makes it even more frustration because it wasn't even close. That just killed whatever it is we had left.

No, we did not play well enough. Wenger's tactics from the start and baffling as it is, and Sanchez just gave the ball away way too much like he is showing he really wants to play for City. But I will have to disagree, the officials have a hand in this.

You guys are still the cream of the crop. There's no denying the quality of Man City. Like I said, I came in this game knowing that we are going to lose, but there is some terrible officiating against us in this match.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2017, 11:20:10 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...
This match has nothing to do on Wenger, the EPL should try to find out whether the ref has gambled on the match.

Yep. Especially that linesman who was sleeping, not calling an offside infraction that resulted in the 3rd goal.

I mean, City pretty much outplayed us regardless, they missed so many chances, this could have been easily 5-1. But still, you cannot be that reckless with your officiating. That just took all momentum (or what's left of it) from us.

Clear offsides on that goal, but he also missed Kolasinac's shove in Sterling's back in the box.  You might have noticed that on the awarded penalty, Monreal never touched the ball despite bowling RS over. 

Arsenal didn't play well enough to win at the Etihad today, but maybe they can get a result in the return fixture at the Emirates.

I'll give you the Kolasinac shove, but the penalty was not a penalty. Sterling RAN towards Monreal and dived. What does Monreal have to do? How will he able to avoid a collision when you're trying to defend and the player literally ran towards you to make contact, and then dive to get the penalty (which he did)?

And Silva was so offside, it makes it even more frustration because it wasn't even close. That just killed whatever it is we had left.

No, we did not play well enough. Wenger's tactics from the start and baffling as it is, and Sanchez just gave the ball away way too much like he is showing he really wants to play for City. But I will have to disagree, the officials have a hand in this.

You guys are still the cream of the crop. There's no denying the quality of Man City. Like I said, I came in this game knowing that we are going to lose, but there is some terrible officiating against us in this match.

Well, Monreal crashed into Sterling, not the other way 'round.  In any event, I was very surprised that Wenger did not start Lacazette, who at least provided something of a focal point for the attack. 

« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2017, 12:32:50 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

They really did not outplay Arsenal imo, Arsenal was even or even better than City during the match from what I saw. It's hard to look better than the other team when the other team has an extra player ehem ref on their side. It was blatantly obvious that the ref was helping City, for all the fouls City pulled they only got one yellow card while Arsenal got a ****ton of yellows for ticky tack fouls, I even caught him staring intently at Arsenal while they were defending and jogging off while they were playing offense. Truly a poor display from the EPL, the refs are the worst in the world. Meanwhile a hard fought loss against Chelsea but MVP Fellaini returned, so there's a silver lining.

You're being nice to us.

City caught us a lot on the counter, with them just screwing up the final pass. There was a chance early in the game, a wide open net for Sterling to bury that he did not connect. They had so many chances, clear cut chances that they didn't capitalize, and part of it is because our defence is just too soft, too easy to break down.

They've bothered us well in the midfield too.

And Alexis Sanchez played like he's a spy from Man City, just flat out poor.

I came in to the game knowing we will lose, I was happy with the Lacazette goal. We got outplayed, but we hung tough. That was all I could ask for, this is Manchester City after all.

But I can't be happy when the officials are failing at their jobs. Being down 2-1 at the Etihad with 20 minutes left could have probably kept us fighting, a 3-1 lead however, seemed insurmountable, especially against this squad, and that killed whatever momentum we had.

That was just plain, terrible officiating.

We're not going to make the top 4. We have to win the Europa to make a CL spot. Problem is, we might have to go thru Atletico Madrid, Napoli and Dortmund to do it. . . ugh
Good luck, I like what Arsenal showed last night, Sanchez and Ozil were just a bit sloppy and you guys didn't capitalize on your chances.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2017, 12:39:00 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

They really did not outplay Arsenal imo, Arsenal was even or even better than City during the match from what I saw. It's hard to look better than the other team when the other team has an extra player ehem ref on their side. It was blatantly obvious that the ref was helping City, for all the fouls City pulled they only got one yellow card while Arsenal got a ****ton of yellows for ticky tack fouls, I even caught him staring intently at Arsenal while they were defending and jogging off while they were playing offense. Truly a poor display from the EPL, the refs are the worst in the world. Meanwhile a hard fought loss against Chelsea but MVP Fellaini returned, so there's a silver lining.

What a load of baloney.  Congrats on your squad's fine performance today against Chelsea... ;)
Yeah and congrats on pulling the ref almost every single game when the going is tough and not having a ton of injuries...at least we fought with the odds stacked against us and we came out with a positive result (was expecting to lose more than 2 goals this match). Say what you want but Arsenal outplayed you guys during the stretch where Lacazette scored and were looking to equalize before the ref pulled out  yellow cards like yu gi oh and missed that offside.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:51:36 AM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2017, 12:55:10 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

What a load of baloney.  Congrats on your squad's fine performance today against Chelsea... ;)
Yeah and congrats on pulling the ref almost every single game when the going is tough and not having a ton of injuries...at least we fought with the odds stacked against us and we came out with a positive result (was expecting to lose more than 2 goals this match). Say what you want but Arsenal outplayed you guys during the stretch where Lacazette scored and were looking to equalize before the ref pulled out  yellow cards like yu gi oh and missed that offside.

Who's "bitter" now?!  8) 

« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2017, 01:03:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

Who's "bitter" now?!  8)
Not me, we won 3 championships last year and are looking for more while you guys won 0 last year and are just looking for your 1st chip with Pep 8)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2017, 12:58:05 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

Who's "bitter" now?!  8)
Not me, we won 3 championships last year and are looking for more while you guys won 0 last year and are just looking for your 1st chip with Pep 8)

Your previous statement contradicts that - a lot of whinging and crying and wringing of hands.  Oh, the refs are all bought and City have rigged the entire season, eh?  Seems pretty childish, to me, but then your manager is just the same, always an excuse or three after losses.  It's always the fault of someone, or something else, never United's manager or players.  He was the same way at Chelsea, both times, as their supporters will eagerly remind you... ::)

« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2017, 12:45:03 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

Who's "bitter" now?!  8)

Your previous statement contradicts that - a lot of whinging and crying and wringing of hands.  Oh, the refs are all bought and City have rigged the entire season, eh?  Seems pretty childish, to me, but then your manager is just the same, always an excuse or three after losses.  It's always the fault of someone, or something else, never United's manager or players.  He was the same way at Chelsea, both times, as their supporters will eagerly remind you... ::)
It's normal for a ManU supporter to "whine" about City getting breaks all the time, especially when both teams are competing for the title. I imagine you'd be the same if ManU ever get the good graces of the offcials in a tight match and manage to pull out a potentially crucial win in the title race. But oh well I can't blame City fans for taking this win, always that 2nd rate Manchester team ::). About United tbh I am not high on this team, the right wing is just too inconsistent (so there's that about "it's not the team's fault") and I think City are favourites (respect to the City offense, it's amazing to watch) but I'll always support United and we're not going down without a fight.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:50:20 AM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2017, 12:50:29 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

Who's "bitter" now?!  8)

It's normal for a ManU supporter to "whine" about City getting breaks all the time, especially when both teams are competing for the title. I imagine you'd be the same if ManU ever get the good graces of the offcials in a tight match and manage to pull out the crucial win in the title race. But oh well I can't blame City fans for taking this win, always that 2nd rate Manchester team ::)

Seems like none of the pundits nor former referees agree with your assessment of the penalty awarded to City against Arsenal.  Some even suggested that Monreal was a bit fortunate not to be red-carded for the foul.  I did not like the two ridiculous calls against City in the Everton match, but i didn't throw a strop and make inflammatory posts online, as you did for a match that did not even involve your club. 

« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2017, 02:51:05 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

Who's "bitter" now?!  8)

It's normal for a ManU supporter to "whine" about City getting breaks all the time, especially when both teams are competing for the title. I imagine you'd be the same if ManU ever get the good graces of the offcials in a tight match and manage to pull out the crucial win in the title race. But oh well I can't blame City fans for taking this win, always that 2nd rate Manchester team ::)

Seems like none of the pundits nor former referees agree with your assessment of the penalty awarded to City against Arsenal.  Some even suggested that Monreal was a bit fortunate not to be red-carded for the foul.  I did not like the two ridiculous calls against City in the Everton match, but i didn't throw a strop and make inflammatory posts online, as you did for a match that did not even involve your club.
Lol thought you were playing along, apologies for offending you. The Everton match was...controversial to say the least but City has had gotten the better end quite a bit more, there was the "Guardiola time" match and a couple more. Not to say you guys are not worthy of the title, otherwise you guys wouldn't be contenders prior to the start of the season but it is a bit...peculiar that you guys are getting such treatment. See you a month or two later, I'll enjoy the derby.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2017, 12:14:38 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

Who's "bitter" now?!  8)

Lol thought you were playing along, apologies for offending you. The Everton match was...controversial to say the least but City has had gotten the better end quite a bit more, there was the "Guardiola time" match and a couple more. Not to say you guys are not worthy of the title, otherwise you guys wouldn't be contenders prior to the start of the season but it is a bit...peculiar that you guys are getting such treatment. See you a month or two later, I'll enjoy the derby.

No need for an apology, you didn't offend me, but all this is simply more banter, par for the course.  Nice to know that you continue to persist in suggesting that City are being "assisted" by referees and linesmen, but I stand by my assertion that NO pundits nor former referees agree with your take on the Monreal penalty.  I think you look just as foolish as the Arsenal faithful on this point. 

Remember "Fergie Time?"   ;)

« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2017, 04:05:30 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Arsene Wenger:

also Arsene Wenger:

Seriously...

Who's "bitter" now?!  8)

No need for an apology, you didn't offend me, but all this is simply more banter, par for the course.  Nice to know that you continue to persist in suggesting that City are being "assisted" by referees and linesmen, but I stand by my assertion that NO pundits nor former referees agree with your take on the Monreal penalty.  I think you look just as foolish as the Arsenal faithful on this point. 

Remember "Fergie Time?"   ;)
Of course, I stopped watching football for a while because of that too. For the penalty I'll continue being "foolish" and say it was a good sell.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2017, 09:32:04 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
We may not finish in the top four, we may not amount to anything this year.

But at least, for now, I can say...

NORTH LONDON IS RED
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2017, 10:00:25 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

NORTH LONDON IS RED

Of course, he did not see any decisions go their way!  Classic Wenger... ::)

« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2017, 10:02:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

NORTH LONDON IS RED
Lol congratulations, rooting for you guys to finish top 4.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA