Author Topic: Joe Alexander is a Stud , Celtics need to draft him  (Read 18087 times)

Re: Joe Alexander is a Stud , Celtics need to draft him
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Most mock drafts have Joe going somewhere in the middle of the draft so thats a no-go on Joe.

Yes, he'll be long gone before the Celtics pick.

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80
He won't drop to 30, he will around 23 or so, celtics would have to package their firsrt and 2 seconds to get him, which I would be game on.

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 08:57:37 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Picks in the 21-30 range tend to be for sale, so one issue is whether or not Wyc & Co. are willing to pony up some cash to move up.

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 10:46:50 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Joe Alexander has indeed climbed up the mocks.  He is now projected to be the #24 overall pick by draft express.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joe-Alexander-1185/

At 6'8 200 lbs, he is strictly a small forward.  And he lacks the lateral quickness and footspeed to be a SG.
I like the description of him having a good pull up jumper.  But... I'm not sure how the Celtics are going to find time for yet another SF to develop.  PP isn't going anywhere soon.  It would have to be a BPA scenario.

Right now I'm thinking I'd prefer to go after a guy like Chalmers so the Celtics can have a young duo of PGs.

www.nbadraft.net got him going 8th. No way this guy gets past 20th so bad news for a team drafting 30th. Grab him at 30th if he's there. Celts will grab a guy from overseas that we may not see for a couple of years.

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Yeah I think that there is about a 0% chance Joe Alexander is available at 30. I think he has a good chance to crack the late lottery if he impresses in workouts.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 01:40:35 AM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Picks in the 21-30 range tend to be for sale, so one issue is whether or not Wyc & Co. are willing to pony up some cash to move up.

Of course the closer Joe or whoever Danny targets, gets to our pick the easier it will be to trade for them but looking over the draft I noticed that Seattle has a 2nd pick at 24. Which could potentially help if we were to move up.

If we do move up though I want Kosta Koufos. I think he could be a steal for some team but being only a freshman he is going to need some PT and coming to the Celtics might not be the best place for him.

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 02:21:42 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
If we move up, I don't think I'd target Koufos - who seems to be a soft, perimeter oriented big. I'd take a look at Brandon Rush, personally.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 05:47:36 AM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I guess there are 2 rules of thumb when drafting; drafting for need and drafting BPA. I was going more with the need rule of thumb. The only thing I don't like about Rush is that he tore his ACL a few yrs back. Need positions are backup Center or full-time center and/or replacements for veterans that leave. I love Penkins but he still is raw offensively and I'm not sure he will ever develop into a threat. Another possible need is future replacement of Ray (I'm just not sure how many yrs he has left of the tires and not knowing what we have or have not in Pruitt). I guess who we draft could down to who we retain. Posey, House, Brown, and Cassell could all be here or gone next yr.

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2008, 08:28:51 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
I have no idea how the guy is projected to go 8th. Nbadraft is good in everything else cept their mock drafts. Alexander is mid lottery pick at best

His feet is a little slow to be a starter but i think he will be a tremendous 6th guy

With that i would love to have him as a 6th guy. He can serious penetrate and dunk. And he is lebron james like strong already

however we need to wake up and realize he won't be there at 30th