Author Topic: So all of a sudden we may be back to 4 picks?  (Read 11698 times)

Re: So all of a sudden we may be back to 4 picks?
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2019, 01:09:34 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Clippers about to beat OKC

Hornets won, so MEM after the win still remains 3 games behind #9

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2019, 04:19:19 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Slamtheking has a great thread on this in the draft section if you want to keep up to date on the pick situation. He's been tracking each pick across the course of the season.

I don't think Memphis will do enough for the pick to convey, Dallas may well pass them ilwith tanking but Washington will stay ahead. Then if course we've gone the lottery to consider, in its new form.

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2019, 05:42:22 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
The Memphis pick will be ok either way.  If it conveys at 9 there’s no problem with that, if it doesn’t convey, it remains a valuable asset.

I worry about a late swing between the Clips and Kings.  C’s could easily go from the current 14 and 19 to just 18.  That would be unfortunate.   Good win by Clips v. OKC.   Kings at Knicks today. 

Spurs in the 8 slot also vulnerable.

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2019, 08:21:01 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Memphis pick will be ok either way.  If it conveys at 9 there’s no problem with that, if it doesn’t convey, it remains a valuable asset.

I worry about a late swing between the Clips and Kings.  C’s could easily go from the current 14 and 19 to just 18.  That would be unfortunate.   Good win by Clips v. OKC.   Kings at Knicks today. 

LAC and SAS both on 4-game win streaks. SAC also has 18 games left while LAC and SAS have 15 and 16, respectively, while also still being up 3 in the loss column (more chances for SAC to lose). All 3 teams have about 6 tough games down the stretch. I wouldn't say any one schedule is much different than the other.  SAS and SAC is the only h2h match-up.

Hopefully LAC and SAS can hold on. That 'lost' pick might actually be pretty valuable-ish in the end.

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2019, 08:54:54 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
What the heck do we do if we get all 4 picks and can't swing a trade.  Sure we probably lose Morris and one of Kyrie/Rozier, but the thought of carrying 4 rookies on the roster next year is not a very palatable one.

The last thing I am worried about is Danny Ainge being able to swing a trade with draft picks.

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2019, 09:00:16 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Either way, this late in the season, it is looking increasingly likely that the Cs will get at least one decent mid-1st round pick.  That is possibly a great outcome for trading away Doc Rivers for Brad Stevens and/or Markelle Fultz for Jayson Tatum.  How ridiculously good are Ainge and Zarren at this stuff?

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2019, 09:21:00 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Want the C’s to sweep the road trip -  could do a lot for their confidence.  But if the C’s are to lose one, I hope it’s to the Clips.

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2019, 09:40:36 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Want the C’s to sweep the road trip -  could do a lot for their confidence.  But if the C’s are to lose one, I hope it’s to the Clips.
I'm guessing that's most likely.  LAC is playing well and that game is the end of the 4-game WC trip. 3-1 with a LAC win wouldn't be so bad.

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2019, 10:19:18 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'm guessing that's most likely.  LAC is playing well and that game is the end of the 4-game WC trip. 3-1 with a LAC win wouldn't be so bad.

The Clips can absorb another loss and make the playoffs.

WE need a win for the third seed.....that comes first.

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2019, 11:00:58 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
What the heck do we do if we get all 4 picks and can't swing a trade.  Sure we probably lose Morris and one of Kyrie/Rozier, but the thought of carrying 4 rookies on the roster next year is not a very palatable one.

The last thing I am worried about is Danny Ainge being able to swing a trade with draft picks.

I’m fine with consolidating as long as it’s a smart move, and not like the almost Hornets trade a few years back to trade up which would have been a disaster.

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2019, 11:45:50 AM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

It's not like we haven't run into that situation before and came up dry.  Remember we failed to trade 4 picks for Winslow.  Ironically, that worked out in our favor though.

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2019, 01:25:52 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

It's not like we haven't run into that situation before and came up dry.  Remember we failed to trade 4 picks for Winslow.  Ironically, that worked out in our favor though.

That was a (rare) misstep by Ainge even offering that. But what a terrible move by Jordan and Co. to not accept.

Passed up 4 picks for Frank Kaminsky lol.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2019, 01:42:56 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

That was a (rare) misstep by Ainge even offering that. But what a terrible move by Jordan and Co. to not accept.

Passed up 4 picks for Frank Kaminsky lol.

I think the broader point is we can't assume a trade will happen.  Danny won't make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.  We would need to find the right dance partner, and that is not a given.

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2019, 02:45:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I am surprised so many people are not into the pick. Also washing is soon to be eliminated from the playoffs

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2019, 10:07:54 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Big day for picks.

Memphis in Orlando (go Memphis)
Mavericks in Houston (go Houston)
Minny at NYK (go minny)

Unless my math is messed up a mavs loss and a memphis win puts Memphis at the 8th best pick in the draft. Inching closer to that pick translating this year.

A minny win puts them 2 games behing sacramento. And Orlando win puta them 3 games back